EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

Aloysius wrote:If you look at Menu (top right)/Sound Libraries/and then select one of your Libraries .... It will show what version your Sound Library is.

Does it make a difference to update? I think you can safely assume that Toontrack put the updates in your account for a good reason.
Yes, it tells me I have a gazillion updates. So far though my guess is that when it updated EZD2 it updated all the expansions with it, but "forgot" to register that they were done, giving everyone a false flag for everything. If they hadn't been updated then the new mixer elements wouldn't be there. And since those EZX updates were available BEFORE the EZD update (apart from the SD2 midi), then it can't be something newer than that already updated with EZD2.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I just followed the manufacturers instructions as they are. I didn't see any reason to question them but I hear what you're saying. You may have a point.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

noiseboyuk wrote:
clintmartin wrote:using multi outs at 48khz causes EZD2 to crash in SonarX3. Any other daw getting this?
Fine here in Cubase 7.5.2 and Sonar 8.5.3 (both W7 64 bit pro using 64 bit plugin)
A lot of us X3e guys are seeing this. I believe it was brought to someones attention on the Toontrack forums. Someone using Ableton Live I believe. Works fine at 44.1. I expect a quick patch.

tparker24 wrote:I was about to order the "Vintage Rock EZX", but I now see that EZD2 already includes a Vintage kit (along with a Modern kit). So I wonder if EZD2 makes the Vintage Rock EZX kind of redundant?
I have the Vintage Rock EZX and the update hasn't made it obsolete, or redundant at all. The Vintage and the Default are very different sounding; the Vintage being very tight and intimate, while the default is pretty much the opposite. So, really the update just adds to the palette.

I installed the 64 bit version for use with FL Studio 11. Unfortunately, when I try to add it as a channel in FL Studio, it only pulls up the original EZdrummer and says it cannot find the sound files. Does anyone know why?

clintmartin wrote:
noiseboyuk wrote:
clintmartin wrote:using multi outs at 48khz causes EZD2 to crash in SonarX3. Any other daw getting this?
Fine here in Cubase 7.5.2 and Sonar 8.5.3 (both W7 64 bit pro using 64 bit plugin)
A lot of us X3e guys are seeing this. I believe it was brought to someones attention on the Toontrack forums. Someone using Ableton Live I believe. Works fine at 44.1. I expect a quick patch.

In fact, Olle has already confirmed the bug. Was hoping for a patch this week. Maybe next week.

Tracktion 5 crashed on 48 kHz , but only on multi out . Just tried this today . @hibidy using Live9 multi out same issues ? Oh about the EZD2 Vintage kit , IMHO its more of a Modern sounding Vintage . The kicks on both these new kits Modern and Vintage sound kind of huge and processed to me , not like an Idie folk , Americana , or even the classic . So if you are thinking the new Vintage is gonna be Vintage think again . Not what I was hoping for not the Vintage sound . Other than the crashing and non sounding Vintage EZdrummer 2 kicks a$$

Toontrack is seriously farking amazing! Here's another helpful video 8)

http://youtu.be/2qF7QmVtVkQ

fedexnman wrote:Tracktion 5 crashed on 48 kHz , but only on multi out . Just tried this today . @hibidy using Live9 multi out same issues ? Oh about the EZD2 Vintage kit , IMHO its more of a Modern sounding Vintage . The kicks on both these new kits Modern and Vintage sound kind of huge and processed to me , not like an Idie folk , Americana , or even the classic . So if you are thinking the new Vintage is gonna be Vintage think again . Not what I was hoping for not the Vintage sound . Other than the crashing and non sounding Vintage EZdrummer 2 kicks a$$
It's confirmed. It's a sample rate thing. HONESTLY, I do not know why optional sample rates are not tested (should be a beta requirement :roll: )

Anyways, they'll get a fix out.

blueman wrote:Toontrack is seriously farking amazing! Here's another helpful video 8)

http://youtu.be/2qF7QmVtVkQ
Awww man, I don't wanna watch, doesn't have zack wylde dude :hihi:

Yes. A simple patch should fix it. I've been having a blast with this beast so far.

That dudes beard is hip .hahaha

I really can't believe how good this is, wow! For me, it is the best music product of 2014 so far :tu:

I'm really glad that you like it. I do too.

blueman wrote:
tplusj wrote:Can anyone comment on the Pop! EZX? Would it complement my current assortment?

Also, does the Nashville kit (played with sticks) sound different enough from the EZD2 modern kits to warrant its purchase? I don't anticipate getting much use out of the brushes or hand strikes, but I've liked what I've heard.

Finally, anyone have experience with the Americana EZX? Does it require a lot of tweaking, or does it possess a useable variety of rawness?
I have the Pop! EZX. I am a bit disappointed with it. Pop! sounds like a bunch of individual samples, combined together, that don't always work together or sound consistent; it is usable but, by far, my least favorite. Americana, otoh, is great! It has a great, organic, songwriter-type vibe. I also really like the Jazz library for organic sounds 8)
Just as a different perspective, I just got Pop! and there's a load of stuff I like. The Dark preset with the Big Room snare is an awesome combo for the boom crack of hip hop etc. Some terrific midi grooves too from Per Mikaelson - I do like his playing very much.

Definitely a pretty hyped set but I guess that's the point - it's a hybrid of acoustic / electronic but skewed 70/30 towards acoustic I'd say. Americana is great, a very different set that's meant for "realistic" stuff. So as ever, it all depends on what you're after.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”