EZ DRUMMER 2

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
EZdrummer 2

So I'm gathering that you guys are saying ezx's are sounding BETTER in ezd2?

Sound better, and feel better too :tu:

hibidy wrote:So I'm gathering that you guys are saying ezx's are sounding BETTER in ezd2?
Honestly I don't think so - the new mixer presets are of course different and there's good stuff there, but I'm not convinced the core sound is any different (and imo there wasn't anything wrong with it in the first place).
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

I kind of agree , take for instance one of my EZXs indie folk on EZD2 " original mix " if I cut the reverb in the mixer it sounds the same as the EZD1 mix . I haven't done a side by side because EZD1 is no longer on my computer , but I think the real magic is in the mixer . The new kits , faster load times , mixer presets/effects , tap midi finder , EZX drum pieces swap , and all the other bells and whistles are still worth the upgrade . I'm happy I upgraded . I also feel once the multi out sample rate bug fix is done , it'd be silly not to upgrade . As for EZXs sounding better , I think it's the mixer effects and presets that are doing the magic . But hey if it sounds good it sounds good .

noiseboyuk wrote:
Aloysius wrote:If you look at Menu (top right)/Sound Libraries/and then select one of your Libraries .... It will show what version your Sound Library is.

Does it make a difference to update? I think you can safely assume that Toontrack put the updates in your account for a good reason.
Yes, it tells me I have a gazillion updates. So far though my guess is that when it updated EZD2 it updated all the expansions with it, but "forgot" to register that they were done, giving everyone a false flag for everything. If they hadn't been updated then the new mixer elements wouldn't be there. And since those EZX updates were available BEFORE the EZD update (apart from the SD2 midi), then it can't be something newer than that already updated with EZD2.
I installed EZD2, then checked the library versions as described by noiseboyuk, and they all had NOT been updated to the versions I downloaded. Ran all those installers, they were quick.

The only weird bit was that my account said there was an SD2 update available, but it was 2.3.1, when I already had 2.3.2 installed. Ran the installer anyway, in case there was something odd with the displayed vs real versions, and it refused to run, saying a more recent version was already installed. Of course that's no gurantee that every TT installer will do that, but it looks likely.

Bottom line far as I can see is...
  • The EDZ2 update doesn't appear to update existing libraries.
  • You probably DO have to download and install any updates your account says you need
  • It appears to be safe to run any installers you're not sure if you need, since they wn't overwrite a more recent version
That of course comes with the proviso that I'm not Toontrack support, so judge for yourself, but that's how it worked for me.

The great bearded young man did say, in one of the videos, that the samples have been upgraded--he added that extra samples from the original sessions were included :D

Besides... don't mess with my placebo yo! :hihi:
Last edited by blueman on Sun May 11, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Déjà Vu (aka a glitch in the Matrix). Nothing to see here... move along....

blueman wrote:The great bearded young man did say, in one of the videos, that the samples have been upgraded--he added that extra samples from the original sessions were included :D

Besides... don't mess with my placebo yo! :hihi:
Never mess with a mans placebo!!!!!!!!!

Underwhelmed by the DAW style editing. Fiddly copy and paste (no ctrl+C/ctrl+V?) and zooming. Am I doing something wrong? Also, Tap2Find has been very hit and miss so far. Perhaps I need to learn to interact with it. No way I could get it to understand I wanted a synchopated fill in the same tempo -- it kept suggesting clips with a completely different feel. The question is whether to spend time trying to improve interaction or just take the good bits that turn up immediately and resort to programming my own when none of the immediate search hits are useable. I expect to end up jumping back and forth from DAW to EZDrummer -- to me it seems the editing features inside EZDrummmer come up a bit short. Still need to spend more time with it to make up my mind, though.

Looks good but I think I'll wait for Superior Drummer 3. They have to update it at some point and I would think it would get all the new EZDrummer features and more.

Found an annoyance.

I was working blissfully on a song and one chorus is 7 bars instead of 8. No go. So I have to write it out and the then drag/drop then edit that part which is fine and it's totally not horrible, but it seems that ezd should do that. It's not like it's a different time sig.

What's "EZ" about 7 bars? Change it to 8 and it will work :D

heffus wrote:Looks good but I think I'll wait for Superior Drummer 3. They have to update it at some point and I would think it would get all the new EZDrummer features and more.
You won't get these sexy graphics in SD3 ;-) :hihi:

blueman wrote:What's "EZ" about 7 bars? Change it to 8 and it will work :D
prankster!

hibidy wrote:Found an annoyance.

I was working blissfully on a song and one chorus is 7 bars instead of 8. No go. So I have to write it out and the then drag/drop then edit that part which is fine and it's totally not horrible, but it seems that ezd should do that. It's not like it's a different time sig.
I don't understand what is hindering you here. Can you explain it a bit? It seems like an easy fix. Drag in or cut to length, so I'm thinking something is going on that I don't understand.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”