Questions about using UVI's Beat Box Anthology in UVI Workstation

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like UVI's Beat Box Anthology, in terms of its comprehensiveness and kit design. I have some questions about it, though, which I have not been able to figure out from the PDF or through experimentation.

I'm a Windows-based Cubase 7.5 user with their UVI Workstation plugin. I don't own MOTU Mach 5 or BPM, which UVI often mentions in their documentation, as UVI Workstation was apparently developed by MOTU.

1. When using the different Beat Box kits in UVI Workstation, is it possible to assign a different audio out to each sound? (For example, I like to send kicks to one output, snares to another, etc.)

2. If question 1 isn't possible in UVI Workstation, is it possible to do what I want if I had MOTU Mach 5? I am not a Mach 5 owner, so I'm not able to experiment with this. Again, I specifically want to do this with Beat Box Anthology: Put the different sounds of the preset kits on different audio outs.

3. Beat Box Anthology (and some of the other UVI sound sets I own) also includes individual AIF samples of the drums used in the kits (screenshot attached), but they're bundled into the single UFS file that comprises the whole library. How can I use those individual AIF files I see in UVI workstation to build my own drum kits?

4. Is question 3 something I might be able to do with MOTU BPM? (Anyone have this library and BPM know?)

Thanks.

UVI answered part of my question; the AIF sounds visible in Workstation are draggable, so you can make new multis inside Workstation, or drag them to your DAW.

However, I still don't know if there's a way to assign individual outs to different samples within one of their premade kits.

Any MOTU BPM owners know if it's possible to do this with the Beat Box kits included with that app? Or do you have to build your own kits with the raw samples there too?

BPM has one main Stereo Output plus 16 additional Stereo Outputs.
You can activate all these 17 stereo outputs in Cubase 7.5
Each Pad in BPM can be routed to any of the outputs.
Each sound of any UVI bank can be assigned to any pad in BPM.

Best regards
teacuemusic (Musicals)
youtube

For multi output, you can do it in UVIWorkstation

Go to the multi page (second icon at the top)
now switch to export mode (engine icon on the right of the multi name panel)
There is now an output column in the part list

You need one element per part to use this though.
to do this on premade kit, you will need to use MachFive 3

Hope this helps.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:You need one element per part to use this though.
to do this on premade kit, you will need to use MachFive 3
Thanks for the tip! I will check out the MachFive trial.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”