Realivox Blue - Vocal Sample Instrument Released! And . . . On Sale!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Realivox Blue

muddyjoe wrote: How long is the introductory offer on?
Ends in one week, June 10.

Musical Gym wrote:Steps to Reproduce Violent Piano Strings Scraping in Blue (Proceed At Your Own Risk!!)

First, turn your volume way down and take off those headphones!!
Ok, put an oo in the text box
turn on vowel or phrase mode
play the oo
switch to poly mode
play the oo in poly mode on the repeat key
notice you need to click panic to stop the oo from sounding on and on (here it sounds like the natural oo)
now play the repeat key again
hurry, click panic to get rid of the scraping piano strings!!

Note: the repeat key isn't designed to be used in poly mode, so this behavior would not ordinarily occur when using the instrument properly.
I get a stack of "oo" samples (one new one added for each time I hit the Repeat key), but no scraping sounds.

Definitely a bug, though. I'll fix it at some point.

OK working phrase by phrase on legato. Any feedback?
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/sets/ ... -phrase-by

bigcat1969 wrote:OK working phrase by phrase on legato. Any feedback?
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/sets/ ... -phrase-by
Sounds like you're getting closer. For those who don't know the lyrics, it would be helpful to have the text under the clip so the intended words could be viewed as the clip plays. Words that don't necessarily sing well such as "bulwark" may be difficult to achieve? I don't know if it would be any easier if you chose some simpler tunes and simpler lyric lines and then move on to the more difficult as you get more proficient?
It's rather inspiring that you're working hard on it. Sounds like there's a way to go to achieve something convincing all the way through. I don't think Blue is really capable of it in its present state, but I hope you prove that that's not the case.
Phrase 1: (Migh-ty) - ty is off maybe one half step higher than it should be.

Ah, the legato helps! 8)

As Jim said, lyrics would help, but in the first phrase, you should use the "tr" consonant for "fortress" rather than "fort rehs". In other words, do "fohr tress."

Also, to keep in rhythm, you'll want to play some notes sooner. It's a lot like a string library with slow strings, where you need to play the notes ahead of the beat.

With hard consonants, you can play pretty much on the beat, but with consonants that need time to develop, you need to anticipate the beat.

To do this, I think it's easiest to sequence a line, then move the notes up or back on the piano roll until they start to feel right. This way you can fine tune the timing. The other advantage to this is that you can see graphically what is going on as far as timing goes, so you'll get a better feel for how to play the next line.

I'll try to post a video next week that shows what I'm talking about.

But it doesn't work in other languages? So if I'd need some Spanish lyrics for a "Tequila" cover :hihi:, the pronunciation would be wrong?

Any Latin Alliance version planned? 8)

As well as a Bavarian version for me? :lol:

"Tequila?" And "Latin Alliance?" Is that just coincidence, or do I know you? 8)

I don't know Bavarian, but Spanish is an easier language for Realivox Blue, because those are the six vowels she sings.

We've done our first update. The two main elements in the update are:

1. A Back Space button. (Boy, did I get requests for this! Heck, even I started complaining that we need it.)

2. Fixed the button lighting errors on Bom and Boom.

To get this update, go to the same link as the zip file which contained your Instruments folder and stuff. (It was the second link in the "Your Realivox Blue Purchase" email.) Download, unzip, replace, then start back-spacin' to your heart's content!

Mike Greene wrote:"Tequila?" And "Latin Alliance?" Is that just coincidence, or do I know you? 8)

I don't know Bavarian, but Spanish is an easier language for Realivox Blue, because those are the six vowels she sings.
You told about the "Tequila" song production several times in threads about sampling, so I connect your name always with the A.L.T "Tequila" cover which I liked much back in da days! 8)

If I find a singing Bavarian girl, maybe you could make a Realivox Blue Oktoberfest edition! :D

Great now I gotta learn Spanish to use it well... First Legato and now Spanish! ;P
Thanks for the advice and critiques.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
Mike Greene wrote:"Tequila?" And "Latin Alliance?" Is that just coincidence, or do I know you? 8)

You told about the "Tequila" song production several times in threads about sampling, so I connect your name always with the A.L.T "Tequila" cover which I liked much back in da days! 8)

If I find a singing Bavarian girl, maybe you could make a Realivox Blue Oktoberfest edition! :D
What, Mike produced Latin Alliance? I've got a couple of 12's of theirs....

I ain't got to show you no steenkeen backspace!!

Musical Gym wrote:I ain't got to show you no steenkeen backspace!!

:lol: :lol:

Are you trying to ensure that Mike Greene doesn't get any wild ideas about naming his next production release ~

'Plumber's Crack' [a-toe-a] ? :hihi: :hihi:

jimusic wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:I ain't got to show you no steenkeen backspace!!

:lol: :lol:

Are you trying to ensure that Mike Greene doesn't get any wild ideas about naming his next production release ~

'Plumber's Crack' [a-toe-a] ? :hihi: :hihi:
No. I was just making a wise-a__ crack!

Maybe a stupid question.. but if I get the Kontakt player version now will I get the exact same library as the Kontakt 5 version and be able to use the samples in the same way when I get Kontakt 5 later? (On Kontakt 4 now and waiting for next Komplete release).

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”