Realivox Blue - Vocal Sample Instrument Released! And . . . On Sale!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Realivox Blue

Glad to hear you're working on something, albeit a mystery. (Trying to use big words like paradigm and albeit since they lend themselves so well to vocals.) Hope it's for Blue!! (or whatever her name is)

Mike Greene wrote:I'm going to add a "Speed" knob in a future update. It's a complicated addition, so it won't be soon, but hopefully in a month or two. With the Speed knob, you can decide if you want shorter n, s, and y consonants. (Or any consonants, of course.) Realivox Blue was intended to be a fairly slow and ethereal singer, and admittedly, she chokes if things get too fast. But I'm pretty sure I can tweak some things so that she'll be able to sing faster melodies. You'll still have to play ahead of the beat for a syllable like that, of course, but not as much.
Thank you for your response, and I'm liking that idea. :tu: It's been quiet around here for the past month, have you got another update lined up soon? Perhaps I'm a little impatient... :hyper:

Any chance of also getting a syllable index override? So it can be switched out of Auto (current behaviour) to force any syllable in the phrase for each note. That would add an awesome level of control... if it's possible?
Mike Greene wrote:
Ikariya wrote:I could bounce the clip at a low BPM, then time-stretch it to make it faster haha. Enough reverb and maybe no one will notice! :P
I think this might be a really good idea! If you try it, please let me know how it works out.
Will try to post something in the near future for sure, life just suddenly got quite busy. ;)

Ikariya wrote:Any chance of also getting a syllable index override? So it can be switched out of Auto (current behaviour) to force any syllable in the phrase for each note. That would add an awesome level of control... if it's possible?
Yes, that's one of the things we're adding. :wink:

Any estimate on when the next update may be released?

Musical Gym wrote:Any estimate on when the next update may be released?
That's a complicated question. Well, I suppose it's an easy question, but it has a complicated answer.

I think I'm going to do this in three stages. First will be a fairly minor update in the next week or two. Then a pretty big update a month or two after that, which will have many of the new features, like selecting syllables to edit. Then a HUGE update a month or two after that.

But I might combine the big updates into one, because it will be a bit less complicated to do it all at once.

Sounds great, thanks for your continuing work on it, no hurry for me

We have a new video up, which explains how to make words like "fly" and "baby." Check it out:
http://youtu.be/VaVe4LiC0LU

Outstanding video. Impressive what you achieve in the demonstration.

Would midi files of what you show in the piano roll be potentially useful for the user?...as possible quick starting points for a future library of words? I know you couldn't determine beforehand whether someone would need to make "amazing" an 8 syllable word, so I don't know how practical that idea would be.

Mike,

The last video on "fly", etc. was really great! Thanks for that! I've got to say I'm loving Blue. I've just started on my first piece which is using Latin phrases and it's coming out pretty good I think.

The one feature I am missing is the ability to save off phrases to disk similar to EW Symphonic Choirs. I would settle for being able to cut and paste from a text file, but I know there may be a UI challenge with Kontakt for that.

That said, I am having a blast with Blue and look forward to future updates (thanks for working the the upcoming update(s)).

Cheers,

Dave
Dave
What turns me on about the digital age ... it used to be that if you wanted to make a record of a song, you needed a studio and a producer. Now, you need a laptop.
Bono
My SoundCloud

dranck wrote:The one feature I am missing is the ability to save off phrases to disk similar to EW Symphonic Choirs. I would settle for being able to cut and paste from a text file, but I know there may be a UI challenge with Kontakt for that.
It took a while, but we finally got this feature added. Also added some more convenient editing methods:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9WKzUGWpo8

Vid says 1.4 update. I thought it was 1.3?

Amazing update! thanks

Yes, a fab update!

Is it released yet?

/Joachim

EDIT: Yes, it is. :D
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

The 1.3 version never got released. (That was the one a few weeks ago that I had to pull at the last minute.) This one has more in it, plus I'm a little superstitious (when I do incremental saves of songs or ProTools sessions, I always skip 13), so I figured I'd go to 1.4.

Where is the download to this?

Mike Greene wrote:The 1.3 version never got released...
got it, thanks

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”