Realivox Blue - Vocal Sample Instrument Released! And . . . On Sale!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Realivox Blue

I finally finished the Walkthrough Video and writing the website page. Those last details take a lot longer than you might think! (Heck, even writing this post takes more time than you might think. I want to say great I think Realivox Blue is, but at the same time, I don't want to sound like I'm over-selling. It's tough being Mike Greene!)

Realivox Blue is a solo female singer who we distilled into a Kontakt instrument (optional Kontakt Player version) with a word/phrase builder. You type in words and she sings them. It's magic, I tell ya!

There's also sampled legato, including a very easy-to-use polyphonic legato option. One knob is all it needs, and you'll probably never even need that. You just play.

And there's an ensemble option, where a double and triple voice can be added, so that you don't have to open other instances. You know, because we composers are lazy like that.

Oh, and did someone mention "sale price?" Realivox Blue is on sale through the month of July. Normally $149, it's not just $129. Or if you don't have the full version of Kontakt, the Konakt Player version if just $139. (The Kontakt Player is free!)

Check her out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goDHaTz62Fs/

https://soundcloud.com/realitone/sets/r ... blue-demos
Last edited by Mike Greene on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Great news Mike.

Will you still be putting together a video demo of her singing in a pop context, maybe with some background vocals also?

Do you have plans to add more vowel sounds in the future as an update or upgrade?

Musical Gym wrote:Do you have plans to add more vowel sounds in the future as an update or upgrade?
I second this! Even if it is a few more bucks to get the extra vowels I think it would be a great upgrade. So far my favorite sounding solo library.

OK I watched the half hour video. Now that is impressive. Impressive enough that arguably the cheapest guy in this place just bought it. I've always been interested in voice synthesis and that is some of the most impressive work I've ever heard. The vowel limitation is really the only negative hear err here and even that is reasonably mild.
As a guy with a blind stepdad, a computer geek who has tried to use and even create voice synth and a former DJ / radio production guy, I've messed with voices most of my life and heard tons of different voice synths. Obviously this isn't quite designed to do the same thing as my stepdad's readers, but its in the same rough area and it is orders of magnitude better than I'm used to hearing. I considered Vocaloid which is interesting, but decided it was too limited and very finicky and the choir that can kind of sing words is impressive, but expensive and again limited.
I'm not sure if I'm smart enough / good enough with music too get the most out of Blue, but for a guy interested in this area who can't sing a lick, this might be the best toy ever!
Thanks for an amazing job, Mike.

P.S. Sorry to ramble so much this instrument blew my mind.

bigcat1969 wrote:OK I watched the half hour video. Now that is impressive. Impressive enough that arguably the cheapest guy in this place just bought it. I've always been interested in voice synthesis and that is some of the most impressive work I've ever heard. The vowel limitation is really the only negative hear err here and even that is reasonably mild.
As a guy with a blind stepdad, a computer geek who has tried to use and even create voice synth and a former DJ / radio production guy, I've messed with voices most of my life and heard tons of different voice synths. Obviously this isn't quite designed to do the same thing as my stepdad's readers, but its in the same rough area and it is orders of magnitude better than I'm used to hearing. I considered Vocaloid which is interesting, but decided it was too limited and very finicky and the choir that can kind of sing words is impressive, but expensive and again limited.
I'm not sure if I'm smart enough / good enough with music too get the most out of Blue, but for a guy interested in this area who can't sing a lick, this might be the best toy ever!
Thanks for an amazing job, Mike.

P.S. Sorry to ramble so much this instrument blew my mind.
That's a great review! Can you post it in the Reviews section? Will help to spread the word.

Edit: I guess it's premature to do a review before you've actually played with your new toy...
Maybe later...
Last edited by Musical Gym on Fri May 30, 2014 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sure, how do I do that? Never posted a review before.

bigcat1969 wrote:Sure, how do I do that? Never posted a review before.
See my Edit above. I think I spoke too early.
When/if Mike announces it in the News section, you will be able to choose it under the Products tab located beneath the What's New @ KVR Audio section (on the right where the list of Posts is located).
When you click on the product, you'll be taken to another page with a Reviews tab at the top.
Click that and you will get the option to review it.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Fri May 30, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Really impressive, Mike! :clap: :tu:

Wow this is better than sex and almost as good as beer. ;P
Just one request any chance of an undo last consonant/vowel or last syllable button? I keep having to redo phrases as I mess up toward the end.
Last edited by bigcat1969 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

bigcat1969 wrote:Wow this is better than sex and almost as good as beer. ;P
Lasts alot longer, too.

Awesome Library to play with.
I just bought it today and i'd just like to say that it's a very good product.
Thank to Realitone for this amazing work.
I'LL BE SINGING in BLUE FOR THE REST OF THE WEEK END FOR SURE. :hihi:

All the best.
Fred
Last edited by SubsonicArtz on Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Still playing and having fun here, but having trouble with the word 'ages' and also getting a strong enough ending 'g'. The ending 'g's just seem so soft as to not exist. Words ending with 'ing' seem to end 'in'. I've even tried to stack the ending 'ng' with an opening 'g' to get a little more 'g' in there.
Also the higher the pitch the louder the note. It seems like the highest C is about double the volume of the lowest C.

Answering some of my own questions. The 'eh' can actually double as a hard 'a' in some situations and 'j' is a soft 'g', so 'eh' as the first syllable and 'j' 'eh' 's' as the second is 'ages'.

bigcat1969 wrote:Still playing and having fun here, but having trouble with the word 'ages' and also getting a strong enough ending 'g'. The ending 'g's just seem so soft as to not exist. Words ending with 'ing' seem to end 'in'. I've even tried to stack the ending 'ng' with an opening 'g' to get a little more 'g' in there.
Also the higher the pitch the louder the note. It seems like the highest C is about double the volume of the lowest C.

Answering some of my own questions. The 'eh' can actually double as a hard 'a' in some situations and 'j' is a soft 'g', so 'eh' as the first syllable and 'j' 'eh' 's' as the second is 'ages'.
Thanks for tips. I imagine as we go along we'll be able to create a comprehensive list of phonemes as an addendum to the manual. Maybe there will be some tricks for supplementing vowels by truncation (editing the wave). The volume difference sounds like it could be a bug? I just started playing with it so haven't gotten very deep yet. I like it. I've experienced at least a couple of times a note will ring on but the Kontakt panic button stops the sound.
Also, when I load Blue I have to browse to the Samples folder and select it in order to load all samples. Is this because there are multiple folders with subfolders of samples and sample fixes inside?
What is best way to report or otherwise ask questions regarding these types of things?

I wonder if it would be possible to give the user the option of enabling buttons that become disabled after choosing one of them. For instance, if I want to make the word "I" then I choose Ah but the EE button gets disabled after one choice and I can't combine Ah + EE. Also, I'd like to be able to make the MM vowel an end consonant, but there is no choice for MM at the end of a syllable.
I know my understanding is limited so far but still wonder if it would cause problems in Blue to keep the various buttons enabled anyway. Possibly color-code as not recommended but allow activating them nevertheless.

One thing I'm discovering is that I need to play with the phrase on the keyboard and listen closely to the release samples. Some endings require virtually no space especially if syllables are being run together to make a word, others require what I think of as one beat and others two beats, even if in a word. Part of my problems with trailing 'd' and 'g' sounds is not giving them enough time to breath in the midi file. If you give too much time it can sound choppy, so kind of a balancing act.
Last edited by bigcat1969 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Wordbuilder looks impressive from the video, but it seems to me that it might be useful to have an 'undo last syllable' button as well as a 'next syllable' one. Would mean you dont have to start a whole phrase from scratch if you mess part of it up...
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”