Realivox Blue - Vocal Sample Instrument Released! And . . . On Sale!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Realivox Blue

Darkle wrote:Also, Is there a problem with authorizing it with NI?
Only the Kontakt Player version authorizes with Native Instruments. They charge us a fee for that, which includes both the ability to run in the free Kontakt Player, as well as the ability to appear in the Libraries tab. So we give customers the option of whether they want to pay for that or not.

If you bought the "Full Kontakt" version and want the Kontakt Player version instead, send me an email and I'll send you a code so that you can get the Kontakt Player version for $15. ($114.95 minus the $99.95 you already paid.) That $15 is less than what NI charges us, by the way.

Mike Greene wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Is anyone else getting the cacophonous sound of piano strings being scraped with wire brushes at 100 mph when playing B...
Yikes! That B is the "Repeat Key." It should just repeat whatever is the last note you played...
I'm going to be way to busy to look at this today but I have a few questions:

- Is the Repeat key meant to work with chords or only single notes?
- Could the note hangs be happening because of polyphonic playing?
- The "scraping piano" sound Musical Gym refers to really sounds like a unique sample, like it doesn't belong in this library at all; when it happens again, I'll try to record it.

With ref to a community word builder library, is there anything that can be done to formalize the text input box so that copy/pasting from an external source would be possible? Like using characters like "[", "]", ")", etc to demarcate top, ending and consecutive consonants so Blue can make sense of the input? Actually, it would be nice to have a little more leeway in editing the contents of that box.

From the response seen so far, it seems that Blue is gathering quite a following and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to become one of the classic.

Hopefully, in Churchill's words, "This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. It is, however, the end of the beginning." I have a feeling we'll see a small revolution from Mr. Greene.

I'd love a Blue with a raspy, male country singer…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:I'd love a Blue with a raspy, male country singer…
Call him "Red".

DSmolken wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:I'd love a Blue with a raspy, male country singer…
Call him "Red".
And the trademark word for him should be "dumbass"! :)

:D

Last edited by bigcat1969 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Señor Gato Grande, you need to give the legato a try. It will connect your syllables and make the singing a zillion times smoother. Just click the "Phrase" legato button, then play with your notes overlapping as you go from one note to the next. (In other words, no spaces between each note.) It's really easy that way. Give it a try! :wink:

Breeze wrote:- Is the Repeat key meant to work with chords or only single notes?
- Could the note hangs be happening because of polyphonic playing?
The repeat key is only for single notes. It should do nothing in Poly legato mode, since it's unnecessary to play overlapping notes in poly legato mode.
Breeze wrote:- The "scraping piano" sound Musical Gym refers to really sounds like a unique sample, like it doesn't belong in this library at all; when it happens again, I'll try to record it.
Please do. I'd like to see exactly what it could be.
Breeze wrote:With ref to a community word builder library, is there anything that can be done to formalize the text input box so that copy/pasting from an external source would be possible? Like using characters like "[", "]", ")", etc to demarcate top, ending and consecutive consonants so Blue can make sense of the input? Actually, it would be nice to have a little more leeway in editing the contents of that box.
I don't think this is possible. KSP (Kontakt's scripting language) is very unfriendly when it comes to manipulating text. It's a common complaint amongst developers.

On the bright side, I've added a back-space button. It was surprisingly difficult to code, and I'm still testing, but it seems to be working well. That update should go out in the next couple days.

You do it it comes out loverly. I try and it comes out a jumbled mess. Any chance of a brief video entitled 'Legato for bigcat and other idiots'?

mmmmm sounds really delicious!! :D
Anechoic Chamber Screaming :o

OK trying to understand legato and hopefully not hurt sales with my cruddy demos.
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/blue-legato-attempt

Steps to Reproduce Violent Piano Strings Scraping in Blue (Proceed At Your Own Risk!!)

First, turn your volume way down and take off those headphones!!
Ok, put an oo in the text box
turn on vowel or phrase mode
play the oo
switch to poly mode
play the oo in poly mode on the repeat key
notice you need to click panic to stop the oo from sounding on and on (here it sounds like the natural oo)
now play the repeat key again
hurry, click panic to get rid of the scraping piano strings!!

Note: the repeat key isn't designed to be used in poly mode, so this behavior would not ordinarily occur when using the instrument properly.

Edit: I'm doing this in the full version of Kontakt. I forgot if the player version has a panic button. I suspect it does.

bigcat1969 wrote:OK trying to understand legato and hopefully not hurt sales with my cruddy demos.
https://soundcloud.com/bigcat1969/blue-legato-attempt
Luther heard that!

Lol not complaining about the song, frustrated that Mike can make Blue sing and I make her lisp!

Congratulations Mike and Realitone! This sounds amazing! It smells of a whole lot of sweat :) and the price seems generous for the work put in.

How long is the introductory offer on? I'm pretty low on cash at the moment, in addition to being a natural cheapskate :(
I hope I can get it soon
regards
Josiah

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”