What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Bleepman, free retro lo-fi synthesizer for Kontakt 4 - released

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

3402 posts since 1 Aug, 2005, from where butter flies

Postby Zombie Queen; Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:30 pm Bleepman, free retro lo-fi synthesizer for Kontakt 4 - released

You can tell I spent a big hunk of 80's playing videogames. This is another bleeping synthesizer for Kontakt.

looks:

sounds:
http://soundcloud.com/fairlyconfused/bl ... ng-presets

It's free to grab and use, weights 1MB zipped, requires full version of Kontakt 4.2 or newer. You don't need a facebook account or registering anything to download the file, in fact, you don't even have to like it.

details:
http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/20 ... epman.html
Last edited by Zombie Queen on Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

2606 posts since 20 Sep, 2004, from Atlanta

Postby blortblort; Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:40 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

once again proving that K5 is quite the pandora's box when the right cook is in the kitchen ;)
masterful stuff here. Loads of phun and phunktion :tu:
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:20 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

Thank you, so is it usable without any hints and help?

Small update, new file uploaded;
- modulation sequence can be now assigned to 2nd unison note properties
- saving/loading presets
- sequence auto generation, which is quite fun, the automaton can now generate larger sequences using randomizer buffer, this is dependent on modulation target, for pitch sequences it will stick to a randomly picked scale...
- some minor fixes.
KVRAF

2606 posts since 20 Sep, 2004, from Atlanta

Postby blortblort; Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:56 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

No docs needed ...work fine for me !!!
improvements sound killer too! I have to download it afterwhile and get back to you!
thanks again, ZQ!
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:32 am Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

Cool. Here, quick demo for the new feature.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9UMQ_QIQlw
KVRer

3 posts since 28 Sep, 2011, from http://jork.bandcamp.com/

Postby jorkenstein; Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:48 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

This. is. fan. tastic.

Thank you!
Signature blocked until 5 posts made
KVRer

1 post since 5 Feb, 2014, from victoria, bc

Postby robohymn; Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:24 am Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

This is awesome. Exactly what I was looking for for a project. No problems using it, very nicely done GUI. THANK YOU!!
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:54 am Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one having fun with this. I wasn't really plan to develop it much further, but as I was playing around, I've been tempted to try some things... So one more little update, the last before final.
Changes:
- fixed arp-sequence interaction for shadow notes, sequence modulator was overwriting arp for uni voices, now they work together.
- sequence transformations now apply to randomizer buffer in 'looped random mode'.
- new arp modes, pattern - this is using pre-generated sequence for arp; uni-split - this is using monophonic keyboard slip to separate voices, main voice will only play in monophonic part, and shadow notes only in polyphonic part, so you can trigger pitch sequences with one hand, and play lead melody with the other.
- mod wheel new function - it will modify start point for looped random mode and pattern arp, simply put, move mod-wheel to change pattern.
- snap pattern - kind of little, simple scale enforcer for pitch sequences and arp patterns.
KVRAF

4337 posts since 19 Jun, 2008

Postby Shabdahbriah; Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:26 am Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

Looks like a LOT of fun to be had, and I will play this weekend.

Thank you :)
Perception is the ultimate "reality" ~ but not, the ultimate Truth.
KVRAF

1506 posts since 22 Apr, 2009, from Belgrade

Postby bpblog; Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:59 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

It's loads of fun, thanks for making this!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:46 am Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

Thanks for writing about my stuff, I appreciate it.
KVRist

124 posts since 23 May, 2008

Postby nofrets; Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:49 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

Lovely! I'm working one-handed for the next few weeks, so this couldn't have come at a better time!
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence." - Robert Fripp

My music on SoundClound
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:20 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

Hope, you find it enjoyable toy.
Also, this thread is getting a bit old and despite lack of news, this device is neither finished nor abandoned. It's still almost there, I'm writing a short manual to cover some less obvious concepts and I was tweaking pattern generation and pattern snap (scale enforcer) routines, cleared some cosmetic bugs too. Hope to get it done by the end of the month, I'll put info in this thread and on my sample-blog. If you have any suggestions, shoot.
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:01 am Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

It seems that Kontakt doesn't support automation of ui_tables, or I'm too dumb to figure it... Anyway, I wanted to edit sequences with hardware controller's sliders, so I made some simple support for midi learn. This is gonna be one of new little things in final version. Here, I was playing around with it, keeping one finger on the keyboard and fumbling with sliders...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMxe5pgFxCo

Also I found that sustain pedal functionality is broken, so one more thing to fix...
KVRAF

Postby Zombie Queen; Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:21 pm Re: Bleepman, K4 synth, free beta

The download file has been updated.
There were two major problems: extra voices were going off-tune in monophonic mode and sustain pedal wasn't working. Hopefully those issues are fixed now. Sustain pedal thing gave me a lot of headache, it's combinations with mono mode (and its keyboard split mode) and arp modes made some things twisted inside out. I can only blame myself for making things too complicated. I hate to spread a broken gadget, so here's another beta update, although I wasn't planning it.
I'm not sure, if many people actually use sustain pedal. Mine has backwards polarity, so I added polarity switch, available via synth menu. Before anyone asks, if you activate monophonic mode and split the keyboard, sustain pedal state will only affect monophonic part. It's not a bug, it's a feature. :P
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries