Free samples of rain and thunder (600 MB)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Congrats on your first release Tom ! I 'll check this out tonite. Thanks !

the clip sounds great. will d'load later

many thanks :tu:

These are extremely useful! Love this. I've been looking for something like this for ages and these are by far the best I've come across so far.
Thank You!

very fine recording - I have many rain and thunder recordings myself but your recordings, particularly of the thunder, are much better. Thankyou very much

bpblog wrote:I've just released the first free sound library on my new indie sound design label called 99Sounds.

It's called Rain And Thunder and it's a free collection of rain loops and thunder strike sounds which were recorded in stereo using an Edirol portable recorder. The samples are provided as 24-bit WAV files.

There are 64 audio files inside, most of them are loopable. Download size is around 500 MB and the library will take 659 MB on your hard drive when extracted.

The sound of rainfall is one of my favorite sounds in the world and I've always wanted to create something like this. April and May were incredibly rainy in my city, so I've literally recorded new content for the sound library every day.

Download: http://99sounds.org/rain-and-thunder/

If you'd like to collaborate on similar projects, please contact me via the website contact form or a PM on KVR.

Also, I'd love to hear what you think about the quality of this pack! Please leave comments below or on the linked page.

https://soundcloud.com/99soundslabel/ra ... under-demo
Excellent! Thank you! :hail:
[Insert Signature Here]

thanks, these are great!

Thank you very much for these samples! I´m working on a film which includes a "tropical island storm" sequence with heavy thunder & lightning, and as soon as I get to the sound-production stage, these samples will be perfect, I guess. :tu:

Thanks SO MUCH for the positive feedback everyone. It really means A LOT. Also gives me extra motivation to work harder on finishing the next library.
be wrote:Thank you very much for these samples! I´m working on a film which includes a "tropical island storm" sequence with heavy thunder & lightning, and as soon as I get to the sound-production stage, these samples will be perfect, I guess.
Wow, that sounds awesome. Tropical storms are the best thing (I've never been to a tropical island though, but I love it when it rains at sea). I literally couldn't think of a better place for the samples to end up in.

:party:

If there's any chance and if you remember, ping me a link to your movie when it goes online. I'd love to see that scene.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

excellent stuff: thank you very much!
"It dreamed itself along"

Very good quality stuff! Thanks for these! :)
Truly mind-boggling music! - New album out! - And a blog!

bpblog wrote:Thanks SO MUCH for the positive feedback everyone. It really means A LOT. Also gives me extra motivation to work harder on finishing the next library.
be wrote:Thank you very much for these samples! I´m working on a film which includes a "tropical island storm" sequence with heavy thunder & lightning, and as soon as I get to the sound-production stage, these samples will be perfect, I guess.
Wow, that sounds awesome. Tropical storms are the best thing (I've never been to a tropical island though, but I love it when it rains at sea). I literally couldn't think of a better place for the samples to end up in.

:party:

If there's any chance and if you remember, ping me a link to your movie when it goes online. I'd love to see that scene.
Yes, I will!

Jesus these are fantastic, thanks very much!

A couple of friends of mine (who also work on making samples) played a benefit concert last weekend to raise money for victims of the flooding over there. It's good to see that something positive came out of those storms, and not just problems and damage.

And I hope your label succeeds - a high-quality free sample library a month is a great plan.

Just got to tell you this story, as it is just curious...

I've downloaded these samples two days ago in the evening - it was a hot sunny day here in Germany.
Listened and enjoyed the sounds (they're great, btw.), while thinking... Gosh, thank God I haven't experienced something like this here... (I've seen about the flooding in Serbien in the news)... well... not even an hour later out of the blue all hell break loose... though the thunder was in the distance, there was nearly constant lighting, shit lot's of rain and storm. Thank God I was inside my flat, but it was scary anyway... the trees in the neighbourhood were shaking like wild in the storm, the rain was hammering at the windows... and this went on for nearly an hour !

One day later this was the topic news in the newspaper...
six people killed in the storm, hundreds of trees broke, traffic just broke down
(cars, train and airplaine).

Really, it's scary stuff, if Mother Earth strikes you, but anyhow it's still fascinating,
maybe because it makes you feel actually just small in that moment...

Well, I just had to get this of my mind, hope you don't mind... thanks for the samples, great stuff !

Cheers,
Frank

Ah, the thrill, the fear and the ridiculous.

I love the thrill of being out in a thunderstorm but I don't stand in an open field to enjoy them - no I stand under trees, just not the tallest ones around. And when I'm indoors at home with the desktop on and a cheap mic hanging out the window, I'm torn between hoping I'll get a good recording and shutting it all down and unplugging everything just in case we get that once in a lifetime bolt.

Anyway all my recordings are useless shite when compared to these. I now have enough not to ever worry in the future. PC will be unplugged and then I'll just sit in the toilet like my grandma used to do.

I haven't listened to the rain yet but I'm sure they'll be top notch.

Thanks !

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”