UVI.net releases Vintage Vault and...

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vintage Vault

Numanoid wrote:
UVI Doctor wrote:This is a boxed product only...
Too bad :(
completly agree , too bad , as basically Guitar Center are not good for europeans !

was interested to buy this but shipping only are no option for me , so i move on and spend the money to other things !

UVI Doctor wrote:Synth Legacy is considered as a very light vintage synths bundle with one unique GUI (4 GB compressed samples).
No comparison with Vintage Vault which bundles every scripted instruments, all the samples and layers needed and many great features ! (63 GB compressed samples / previously 114 GB "uncompressed").
You will find some duplicates, but very light versions in Synth Legacy.
Hope this clarifies things out,
Different (but related) question:

How much overlap is there between Synths Anthology and Synth Legacy? It appears to be pretty substantial. I already own Synths Anthology (and love it). I'm trying to determine if Synth Legacy will give me a lot of new sounds.

jsp1979 wrote:How much overlap is there between Synths Anthology and Synth Legacy? It appears to be pretty substantial. I already own Synths Anthology (and love it). I'm trying to determine if Synth Legacy will give me a lot of new sounds.
SA hasn't got a dedicated GUI interface, so tweaking and that is much more fun with Synth Legacy.

A mouthwatering list:
Synth Legacy includes sounds from these classics:
Alesis Andromeda, Roland Jupiter 4, Roland Jupiter 8, Roland VP-300, Roland TB-303, Oberheim Matrix 6, Oberheim Xpander, Oberheim OB-X, Studio Electronics ATC, SCI Prophet 5, Yamaha CS-80, Elka Synthex, RSF Kobol, Korg PS-3200, Moog MiniMoog, Moog MemoryMoog, Waldorf Pulse, Access Virus C, Yamaha AN1X, Novation Nova, Waldorf Q, Clavia NordLead, Yamaha DX7, Yamaha DX100, Yamaha FS1R, Korg DS8, NED Synclavier 2, Waldorf Microwave XT, PPG Wave 2.3, Casio VZ-1, Casio CZ-1, Korg DW8000, Kawai K4R, SCI Prophet VS, Korg Wavestation, Yamaha SY22, Kawai K5000, OSC OSCar, Seiko DS301, Ensoniq VFX, Roland JD-800, Roland D-50, Korg M1, Ensoniq Fizmo, Yamaha SY77, Mellotron M400, Fairlight CMI IIx, E-MU Emulator 2, Ensoniq SQ80, Korg DSS1 and Korg MS20.

Those posts don't really address the question.

I already have Synth Anthology, and when I look at the preset list for Synth Legacy, I see that say 75% of the ones I checked are already in Synth Anthology.

How much overlap is there between the two products?

The GUI for Synth Legacy is nice, but I'm not interested in just paying for a GUI upgrade if I already have 75% of more of the presets.

Any enlightenment from UVI on this?

Hey guys,

Synth Legacy (SL) is an exclusive limited edition instrument created for Guitar Center’s 50th anniversary that gives you the sounds of 50 vintage synthesizers and samplers at an amazing price.

SL is composed of 80% from Synths Anthology but with redesigned sounds with new FX and new filters ; all available within a flexible GUI with new scripting parameters.
You will also find new sounds from Kawai K3, Synclavier, Fizmo, and many more.

Quick note :
Synth Legacy is now available worldwide as a physical product through Guitar Center.
They are still working on the download version – this should be available very soon.

UVI Doctor wrote:Quick note :
They are still working on the download version – this should be available very soon.
thank you and thats really nice to hear about the download version !

still waiting for it

I had discounted getting this as a boxed only item due to shipping costs, but a download version would be most excellent!

(duplicated post)

UVI Doctor wrote:Hey guys,

Synth Legacy (SL) is an exclusive limited edition instrument created for Guitar Center’s 50th anniversary that gives you the sounds of 50 vintage synthesizers and samplers at an amazing price.

SL is composed of 80% from Synths Anthology but with redesigned sounds with new FX and new filters ; all available within a flexible GUI with new scripting parameters.
You will also find new sounds from Kawai K3, Synclavier, Fizmo, and many more.

Thanks for the information. I like the sounds of Synth Anthology so much that I'll still might get Synth Legacy as well.

Picked up SynthLegacy at GuitarCenter, having waited 20 minutes for the guy at the pro audio counter to finish chatting with his friends (and it wasn't about the merchandise). Brought the disc home, only to be informed by the installer that the rar containing the sample library is corrupted. So I activated the serial number on UVI's website and tried downloading the library, but at UVI's download speed, the download will last well into tomorrow.

Everything UVI and GC could have f****d up, they did.

yevster wrote:Picked up SynthLegacy at GuitarCenter, having waited 20 minutes for the guy at the pro audio counter to finish chatting with his friends (and it wasn't about the merchandise). Brought the disc home, only to be informed by the installer that the rar containing the sample library is corrupted. So I activated the serial number on UVI's website and tried downloading the library, but at UVI's download speed, the download will last well into tomorrow.
Same story here, only in my case the download completed... and it was also corrupt. I actually attempted installing from disc and also downloading on two different computers with the same results. The download appears to just be a ZIP of the contents of the disc. If the discs are all corrupt and the download is a zip of that, it would make sense.

Submitted a support request.

EDIT: 7-Zip, PeaZip, and the built-in Windows unzipping thing all failed to extract the downloaded version almost instantly, and didn't unpack any files. I tried out WinRar just because UVI's site recommended WinRar for Windows users. WinRar did report errors during unpacking, but it also unpacked the RAR file out of the zip, which I was then able to unpack into the UFS file. I thought I was finally in the clear, but I just spent some time with it, and while I was able to load several patches, Cubase just crashed when I tried to load the patch "MTX-Matrix Robot." I think WinRar was just being more forgiving, but it didn't actually work.

Hi folks,
We've identified this PC issue while uncompressing the Zip file.
It's been fixed out and it's currently being uploaded.
This should be available from your UVI account (My Products tab) within next 2 hours.
Thanks for spotting this out and sorry for the occurred inconvenience.
Wish you all a great week-end !
Cheers,

nice , i see its even downloadable from UVI Account !

why in the hell Guitarcenter sells them as shipping only , instead of selling as download version with delevering the serial only ?

i know the UVI staff said very soon , but i don´t think it will happen before Guitarcenter has sold out all those DVD´s !

very dissapointing to be honest and i don´t understand this reasons as well !

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”