How to read AKAI sampler compatible CD on PC [solved]

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

At a jumble sale I picked up a Wizoo Nord sample CD-Rom, which is compatible with AKAI S3000 sampler.

Using a prog like Audiograbber I can see that there is a data track of 575MB on the CD, but I do not get access to the content in Windows Explorer.

Is there any way I can copy the content of the disc onto my harddrive so that I can use it in Kontakt (which is supposed to be able to read AKAI sample format).

The computer I run Kontakt on doesn't really have a CD-Drive, so I would prefer not to open the content in Kontakt directly from the CD.
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Curiously enough, I was just having this very same issue in the past day with a ''Will Lee Bass'' AKAI sample library (nrg. format).

Windows Explorer will not read AKAI discs (as you have also found out!).

First, try a software package, such as PowerISO or MagicISO/MagicDisc, which are free trial versions and can mount your AKAI CD onto a virtual drive (they can also extract info from AKAI nrg files etc, but it is the mounting onto a virtual HDD that will be quickest to them use in Kontakt on a PC).

Then, once the AKAI CD is mounted on the virtual drive, open up Kontakt (my preference was in standalone mode) and load up one AKAI preset file.

Unlike Windows, Kontakt will recognise AKAI files.

Load the files one by one, save them as nki files in a folder of your preference, and hey presto (hopefully!).

Cheers.
Last edited by Doug1978 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doug1978 wrote:once the AKAI CD is mounted on the virtual drive, open up Kontakt (my preference was in standalone mode) and load up one AKAI preset file.

Unlike Windows, Kontakt will recognise AKAI files.

Load the files one by one save them as nki files in a folder of your preference, and hey presto (hopefully!).Cheers.
Great, that is a perfect solution, will make an ISO with Daemon Tools and check it out later today if I can get it loaded in Kontakt :tu:

Yup, this worked like a charm :love:

It only takes a couple of seconds to load a patch from the ISO into Kontakt so I don't think I'll bother converting them to NKI's

The disc was made back in '99 but it sounds suprisingly meaty, the patches really got some deep low-end to 'em :tu:

I still use Will Lee Bass patches in Kontakt… converted from Soundfont, articulations merged… that library is awesome! :)
You need to limit that rez, bro.

There is difficult to find info about Wizoo products on the net.

Wizoo was taken over by Digidesign/AVID so their sound went into ProTools

I just want to post an image of this product as there was really no image to find even in Google.

Peter Gorges did a gorgeous job, Patches shimmer and move in that lovely analog way. A fantastic bargain for the €1 I paid for it :oops:

After Avid ditched their on-staff developers, several people from Wizoo went on to form AIR https://www.airmusictech.com/
Need sounds or manuals for your vintage synth? Check out www.vintage-synth.com

jsepeta wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:42 am After Avid ditched their on-staff developers, several people from Wizoo went on to form AIR https://www.airmusictech.com/
5 year old thread is 5 years old. :roll:
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Shame Magicdisk brings up Malwarebytes and won't work on Win 10, I looked at buying Daemon tools but they didn't PayPal option, not having much luck here :(
Last edited by JKuk991 on Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have a fully licensed copy of PowerISO and it works perfectly on Windows 10. Perhaps you meant something else?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sorry yes my bad, it was just Magicdisk (edited)

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”