- Deleted -

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

- Post Deleted -
Last edited by hephaestussounds on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Virtual Instruments since 2013
----
http://www.hephaestus-sounds.com

I just listened through the sound demos of the "grand" and the "upright" pianos.

They sound terrible, IMO.

Apparently, you have strived for "small" libraries. To my ears, they sound as if for dynamic response, you've replaced a reasonable number of samples of each note with a lowpass filter modulated by velocity. The piano/pianissimo parts sound muffled, as if a wet blanket has been thrown over the instruments.

"…extremely good for cinematic scores, soundtracks and live concerts." Sorry, I don't think so…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Absolute terrible. How do you dare to ask a significant ammount of money for that crap?

ps. yes, i said crap.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

- Post Deleted -
Last edited by hephaestussounds on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Professional Virtual Instruments since 2013
----
http://www.hephaestus-sounds.com

Sorry, i didn't want to disturb your feelings but it have to been said.

Most free Libraries sounds way better then your commercial product (even after you drop the Price now suddenly).

Didn't you know all the free Stuff that is available nowdays or how it comes that you try to sell this "quality"? - i suggest a bit of research next time?

At least you chose the right name cause this is really the "Valley of the Pianos" so nobody can say you tried to fraud. :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I didn't think it sounded bad at all.

Of course, expectations are higher for a commercial product, especially when words are thrown around such as "perfectly recreates a real grand piano". Nobody's actually done that yet, so it might be better-received if the marketing hype was toned down.

I'd market it as a lightweight sampled piano and leave it at that. There is certainly room in the marketplace for a just-OK piano that doesn't gobble lots of RAM and CPU. And lets you conveniently adjust the amount of CPU without having to reconfigure multis.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”