Bass City - Free analog/FM bass collection by PatchArena/99Sounds (and some cool synth photos)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass City

For the latest 99Sounds release, I joined forces with Chad from PatchArena in order to create a tasty collection of electronic bass samples.

Chad has sampled a whole bunch of classic FM bass sounds from the Yamaha TX81Z module, including a tasty modified version of the Lately Bass patch. He also provided a nice set of analog bass sounds from his Korg EX-800 synthesizer.

I added a set of bass patches from my trusty Korg POLY-800 keyboard, mostly inspired by Italo disco and 80s electronica in general. Although it's a rather limited synthesizer, I tend to fall in love with its unusual mix of lo-fi feel and analogue warmth (don't shoot!) over and over again.

The library also contains Kontakt 5 and SFZ patches. The Kontakt 5 version features filter and envelope controls on the front panel, whereas the SFZ patches show filter controls when loaded in sforzando by Plogue.

We also took pictures of these three synthesizers, which you can check out on the download page linked below. I've posted a couple of examples here.

Anyways, we'd love to hear what you think about the library and we'd also love to hear how you've used it in your music! If these samples end up in your tunes, send them over and we'll featured them on the download page!

Download: http://99sounds.org/bass-city/

https://soundcloud.com/99soundslabel/bass-city-demo
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Very nice looking and sounding for that matter! Thanks for the cool freebies.
Go to Bedroom Producers Blog and Hear the World. :D

Now if the EX800 and TX81Z could run on batteries I could take them to the park too... 8)

Thank you, this sounds tasty. I appreciate putting extra effort into sfz.

Zombie Queen wrote:Thank you, this sounds tasty. I appreciate putting extra effort into sfz.
Thanks so much! Good to know the extra controls are being used! :phones:

Thanks for these. I used to have a Poly800, but never got round to sampling it. Great to have sfz versions too :tu:

I hope that these samples will bring back some memories then!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”