Found Maschine: a new Maschine expansion from Sound Dust...and a new free Maschine kit.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you ever wondered about the sound of a drum kit made from multi sampled snow, an onion, lawn mowers, a broken double bass, and the ghost of Thomas Carlyle...... wonder no more.

A new Maschine2 expansion from Sound Dust, and sister to the Kontakt based Modular Chaos Engine#1, Found Maschine re-tinkers with the 800 found sounds of the original and comes up with something entirely different.

Great for anything from Tom Waits hippity hop, quirky lo-fi Mr Scruff-iness, wonky Flying Cobra wooze to itchy glitch pop and dark and noble film score throbbiness.

Found Maschine contains:
800 x 24bit tagged .wav samples
16 x Drumkits (Groups) with pre programmed sequences.
196 x Tagged chromatic instruments (sounds).
18 x Massive synth patches.
16 x Drumsynth patches.
15 x projects.

Have a listen here...

https://soundcloud.com/sound-dust-1/sets/found-maschine

For a limited period get them bundled together for £20 from Sound Dust
Last edited by pendle on Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boing

Great sounds in this. Do you sell it separately? Can't seem to find that option on your site...

Hi Dredd

Glad you like it.

Sorry, but I reckon 20 quid for 800 samples, 16 kits, 196 instruments etc is a pretty good deal if you look at other expansion sets out there.....and you get the very nifty Kontakt Chaos Engine too :wink:

cheers
Pendle

Shut up and take my money.

Bought. :love:

keyman_sam wrote:Shut up and take my money.

Bought. :love:
That's the spirit

Thanks Sam :tu:

pendle wrote:Hi Dredd

Glad you like it.

Sorry, but I reckon 20 quid for 800 samples, 16 kits, 196 instruments etc is a pretty good deal if you look at other expansion sets out there.....and you get the very nifty Kontakt Chaos Engine too :wink:

cheers
Pendle
Yeah I agree, just thought I might be doubling up on the sounds, but your product sends fairly priced for sure...
Are you a member of maschine movement on Facebook? You'd definitely get some sales through there...
In fact in the morning I'll drop a link to your site and the examples on there.

Expect money from me nearer the end of the month :wink:

Thanks Dredd :)

I'll be putting up a free Fireworks only Maschine expansion kit pretty soon.

Fireworks Maschine contains:
64 x tagged 16bit .wav samples
6 x Kits (Groups)
68 x Chromatic instruments (sounds),
all fully tagged for quick use.
1 x projects.

This is what she sounds like...
https://soundcloud.com/sound-dust-1/rem ... s-maschine

The fully free Fireworks Maschine is now yours for the taking.

http://dulcitone1884.virb.com/fireworks-maschinefree

Nice, thanks for sharing! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Cool, thanks for the fireworks. :D

As far as Found Maschine goes, after following instructions exactly there were still some issues with "missing" samples that had to be manually located (in one kit all 16 sounds had to be located). Not really unusual for third-party Maschine kits, unfortunately.

There seems to be a fair bit of reuse of samples among kits, which I'm not opposed to but this was maybe more than typical. Would have been nice to see some variations of kits where the sounds with "randomized" pitches are instead; I'll probably wind up doing that myself on a case-by-base basis. Some great sounds though and I'm sure I'll be using it :)

Funny you should mention that Mr Foo, I'm working on fixing and rebuilding some of the kits at this very moment. :tu:

Maschine it seems is quite an unforgiving mistress, possibly be design. I suspect Ni of deliberately making expansion building arcane so they can scare off the casual builder and keep the market to themselves...... but maybe I'm being paranoid :ud:

I hope to get the update out early next week.

cheers
Pendle

The Found Mashine update has just been posted out to all you lovely people who bought her.
All missing sample issues have been resolved, the tagging is more thorough and there are new sounds, groups and projects for you to play with.

If anyone here doesn't get the update email let me know and I'll get things sorted out.

The Evolved Maschine, partner to the Modular Chaos Engine #2 will be along soon ish : )

cheers
Pendle

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”