Free samples of vinyl noise & crackle (56 MB)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

99Sounds has released Vinyl Noise SFX, a free collection of vinyl noise samples created by Chia from Oregon. He has sampled various old vinyl records with his Numark TTUSB turntable and included the coolest bits of noise and crackle in this free sample pack.

The download pack contains 37 vinyl sounds in 16-bit WAV format, along with SFZ and NKI mappings (Kontakt 5). Download link and interview with Chia on the page below. Enjoy!

DOWNLOAD: http://99sounds.org/vinyl-noise-sfx/

https://soundcloud.com/99soundslabel/vi ... e-sfx-demo

Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Painstaking removing these sounds from all patches that use them right now.
Thank you though.

BBFG# wrote:Painstaking removing these sounds from all patches that use them right now.
Sorry, I can't figure out what you meant there!

bpblog wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Painstaking removing these sounds from all patches that use them right now.
i suppose, he's cleaning the digital files of the vinyl albums, he put on his pc.

... and thank you very much for the files! :)
"It dreamed itself along"

mellotronaut wrote:
bpblog wrote:
i suppose, he's cleaning the digital files of the vinyl albums, he put on his pc.

Actually going through patches/programs on software and hardware to remove them out of the patch/program. It's an effect, and mostly only needed occasionally. It ends up ruining a sound or even worse, a project when it's used all the time. For my purposes, I might use it for two seconds in no more than a single piece out of five hundred.
But thanks for your efforts, I know some live for this.

BBFG# wrote:Actually going through patches/programs on software and hardware to remove them out of the patch/program. It's an effect, and mostly only needed occasionally. It ends up ruining a sound or even worse, a project when it's used all the time. For my purposes, I might use it for two seconds in no more than a single piece out of five hundred.
Got it! You're absolutely right too, the effect tends to get overused nowadays. But I do still enjoy layering (some sounds) with vinyl noise in order to get a more lo-fi feel. It's probably because I made my first steps in music production in the digital age, so I actually like adding some artifacts from the analog era.
mellotronaut wrote:
bpblog wrote:
You're welcome and have fun using them!

:tu:

bpblog wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Actually going through patches/programs on software and hardware to remove them out of the patch/program. It's an effect, and mostly only needed occasionally. It ends up ruining a sound or even worse, a project when it's used all the time. For my purposes, I might use it for two seconds in no more than a single piece out of five hundred.
Got it! You're absolutely right too, the effect tends to get overused nowadays. But I do still enjoy layering (some sounds) with vinyl noise in order to get a more lo-fi feel. It's probably because I made my first steps in music production in the digital age, so I actually like adding some artifacts from the analog era.
:tu:

Ha! I come from the analog age where we spent copious amounts of time trying to eliminate noise and low fidelity... :D

Great little pack! Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

BBFG# wrote:Ha! I come from the analog age where we spent copious amounts of time trying to eliminate noise and low fidelity... :D
That's how it goes! One day when the whole world is driving electric cars, young drivers will be installing gas engines to get that vintage gasoline feel!

:D

Cheers everyone for the responses, have fun using the samples!

bpblog wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Ha! I come from the analog age where we spent copious amounts of time trying to eliminate noise and low fidelity... :D
That's how it goes! One day when the whole world is driving electric cars, young drivers will be installing gas engines to get that vintage gasoline feel!

:D

Cheers everyone for the responses, have fun using the samples!
:lol:
Or worse, aroma canisters to produce the smell of gas fumes, spills and carbon monoxide!

That's the right analogy! 8)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”