Orange Tree Samples - Paradise Marimba NOW AVAILABLE!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Orange Tree Samples is proud to present Paradise Marimba, an extensively-sampled five octave marimba with a gorgeous tone.

We collaborated with Chris Poehler of Lujon Audio to produce Paradise Marimba. While many other marimba libraries tend to sound very percussive and bright, we specifically selected this marimba for its warm, full sustain. The lowest two octaves of the marimba was so rich-sounding that we sampled it with softer bass marimba mallets as an alternate option to the standard mallets. These bass marimba mallets work excellently for ambient, cinematic music.

Paradise Marimba accompanies our Pure Jazz Vibes sample library, also recorded at WaterSound Productions, in Studio City, California. As with the vibraphone library, Michael Aarvold engineered the session.

We always aim to recreate the playability of the real instrument as closely as possible, which is why we included realistic playable rolls. These scripted rolls recreate the same way a real marimba player divides the notes between mallets when playing a roll, plus make it very convenient to incorporate into your playing using the mod wheel. The velocity and speed of the rolls can also be dynamically changed in real-time. Additionally, there are repeat keys available on the keyboard which simply repeat the last note or chord you played--that way you can essentially play your own rolls.

Paradise Marimba also includes an articulation that we've never seen available in any other marimba sample library: staccato hits. That’s when the marimba player hits the bars of the marimba and holds the mallets against them in order to quickly mute them, creating a staccato effect.

Audio Demos:
Demo #1: Oasis Reggae
Demo #2: Alpha Cat

Features:
- 3.9 GB of 24-bit samples (compressed to 1.4 GB using Kontakt's lossless NCW compression)
- Up to 11x round-robin with four dynamics, chromatically sampled
- Realistic playable rolls
- Separate close, mid, and far mic signals for mixing flexibility
- Alternate bass marimba mallets, muted hit articulation

Format:
Due to the extensive scripting, this sample library is available in KONTAKT 4 / 5 format only. The sample library requires the full retail version of KONTAKT 4 / 5, so it is not compatible with the free KONTAKT Player.

Price:
$79 USD (regularly $99), instantly downloadable purchase. This $20 OFF introductory discount expires on September 30th at 11:59 PM PDT.

Downloads:
Paradise Marimba - User's Guide (PDF)

Visit the product page here: Paradise Marimba sample library for KONTAKT

Or you can click here to order Paradise Marimba directly
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

the modeling of kinetic energy is particularly exciting

similar to BFD3's modeling of cymbal washes, which is at once noticable. I'll have to find the money for this one.

VSL's marimba has a 'secco' articulation, which is muted before it fully rings but I don't think it's done by sticking the mallet on impact.

I'm playing mallets in real live. There are so many bad marimba libraries (sampled or synthesized) out there, it hurts.

I didn't have the chance to listen to the demos on monitors, but from what I've heard so far, Paradise Marimba finally really nails the sound. It sounds like the real deal on my phone and on laptop speakers. Great job, OTS! :tu:

Thanks!!

I recorded a short video walkthrough to release tomorrow, so stay tuned for that. I'm thinking of recording a video focused just on the mod wheel rolls, since that feature makes it easy to incorporate rolls into your playing.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

I had another listen using proper gear and it just confirms what I thought. The library sounds awesome :hyper:

Well recorded, great presence! Bravo
Guitar, Drum and Bass sample libraries for Kontakt
www.pettinhouse.com

Here's a video walkthrough of the Paradise Marimba sample library for Kontakt. This video focuses on the different mic positions, the playable rolls, and the bass mallets option:

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Great stuff, Greg! :tu:

Soooo, given what you've been delivering with Pure Jazz Vibes and Paradise Marimba, what about other chromatic orchestral percussion like
- Xylophone
- Glockenspiel
- Tubular Bells
- Timpani

;)

Here's a video showing how to play rolls using our new Paradise Marimba sample library. The mod wheel approach makes it easy and convenient to incorporate realistic rolls into your marimba performance.

We also just added a new audio demo by Chris Poehler. You can listen to it here:

Sheila Loves To Samba
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

We're pleased to announce that you can now download a FREE playable demo of our Paradise Marimba sample library for Kontakt. The round-robins are limited to 2x (the full version has up to 11x round-robin!), and the range of the instrument is decreased--but other than that there are no demo restrictions.

Also, remember that Paradise Marimba is available right now for an introductory discount of $79 instead of the full price of $99. This discount ends September 30th, so don't miss out!

You can visit the Paradise Marimba product page here for audio demos and videos, or order the Paradise Marimba sample library directly.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

We just received a fantastic endorsement for our Paradise Marimba sample library for Kontakt from Jay Graydon!

Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”