How can I import a sample with chromatic and auto time stretch in ST3?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a single wav file and I want to play this sample across the spectrum but I don't want the time to change as I play different notes. What I've tried so far
Sampletank3 , I imported it chromatically and nothing happens.

The wav file is 16bit mono 44.1khz and a wave file.

thank you.

As far as I know, you can't. :? :neutral: :x :cry: :dog: :(
The only way: do that in ST2, then "import legacy instruments" in ST3.

Wooow Im surprised this isn't possible in sampletank 3.

Tell me about it! It wrecked my plans of making an instrument set for ST3.

bigcat1969 wrote:Tell me about it! It wrecked my plans of making an instrument set for ST3.
Unfortunately ST3 can only import single wav/aiff samples, and just one single sample per note (meaning: key by key. So no stretched zones :cry: ). No velocity zones, too :x . Consequently there is no way to build new instruments for ST3 (importing your own samples) directly, unless you just want to play it as a basic pad controller (for loops or single hits: one for note).

I however managed like this:
(1) importing my samples in ST2 (which lets you have stretched zones and velocity levels)
(2) Converting them via "import legacy instruments" in ST3.
(3) Finishing my work (effects, ADSR, filters etc.) in ST3.

:dog:

I believe that this bug is fixed in 3.0.3. However, you need to use import by name to set your root key and get the sample to play across the keyboard; chromatic import only maps to one key per sample, chromatically up from the start note you select in the dialog. Also, there is a protocol for how to name your samples your when using import by name. That is documented in the manual.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”