tcStretch

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here is a Beta version of my latest plug-in: tcStretch

tcStretch is a Windows VST 2.4 plug-in for time stretching, pitch shifting, and blurring. Time stretch can be up to 1 million times slower. Pitch shift is plus or minus one octave. Blurring blends nearby spectral material to make the output less static.

Playback is sensitive to transients in the source material. Playback rate and blur amount are set independently and automatically adjusted according to the transient contour of the material being stretched. Playing transients at a faster rate than non-transients tends to make the output sound less obviously stretched. Playing transients more slowly than non-transients emphasizes the stretchiness [good when playing in reverse mode with highly transient material]. Adding blur brings in some subtle (or not so subtle) randomness which helps to keep the output less static.

To use the plugin, load a sample (WAV or AIFF), start your DAW transport, and set playback and blur amounts to taste. (Future version will have play/stop controls for playback independent of DAW transport). Region selectors can be used to isolate a portion of the sample to repeat. Volume envelope can be applied for fades.

This is a beta release, first iteration. There are several features I would like to add so changes are likely. Win x64 and Win 32 version available. Zip file includes a PDF manual. Feedback, complaints and suggestions welcomed!

http://tonecarver.wordpress.com/tcstretch/

Edit: Nov 17 - new version available adds 32-bit version and includes fix for region start/end crossover bug.
Edit: Nov 22 - version 0.4 - bugfixes and new feaures (* not backward compatible with earlier versions *)
Edit: Dec 13 - version 0.5b - tooltips, bypass indicator, bug fixes
Edit: Jul 3, 2015 - version 0.5d - misc fixes, automatable jump buttons, better preset saving/restoring
Edit: Jul 5, 2015 - version 0.5e - bugfixes for preset loading, for project restore, smoother range selection handles, smarter zoom limits.
Last edited by ToneCarver on Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:02 am, edited 5 times in total.

Oh, nice, thank you, ToneCarver !
I like the "dirty" spectral display :)
Do you think it could also process incoming audio (instead of loading a file) ?
And does drag & dropping a file from a DAW will load that file into TCstretch (it would be awesome) ?

Thanks for new tool! Judging by description its gonna be one of favorites in my arsenal for sound destruction

Always a pleasure to see a new ToneCarver plugin!
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Hey Man, why not the 32 bit??? :'(

Patience Turello, as he said, no reason to bugfix all versions in parallel, get one running first.

In

just

ice

:cry:

Thanks! Best of wishes!

great plugin
- a problem in Reaper
1. there is a problem with the markers where if you advance the startmarker past the end marker it causes a crash in Reaper.

and a feature request
2. provide zoom on the waveform in that first marker window

Thanks for the kind words and feedback.

New version is up.
- includes 64 bit and 32 bit versions
- fix for the region start/end crossover bug

:)

sinkmusic wrote:Do you think it could also process incoming audio (instead of loading a file) ?
This is not a high priority at the moment, but maybe someday.
sinkmusic wrote:And does drag & dropping a file from a DAW will load that file into TCstretch (it would be awesome) ?
Drag and Drop is something I would like to add soon, after I get a few technical details figured out.

woggle wrote: - a problem in Reaper
1. there is a problem with the markers where if you advance the startmarker past the end marker it causes a crash in Reaper.
Yup, thanks. Found it, fixed it and uploaded an updated version. Let me know if that does not fix it for you.
woggle wrote:and a feature request
2. provide zoom on the waveform in that first marker window
Agreed. This is likely to happen in the near future.

[quote="ToneCarver"}
- a problem in Reaper
Yup, thanks. Found it, fixed it and uploaded an updated version. Let me know if that does not fix it for you.

[/quote]

works a treat - manually or via the automation - great work! :tu:

deleted - dumb double post

Version 0.2 is up with preliminary support for Drag-and-Drop file loading.

Please let me know if you have issues with this. The 64-bit version works fine for me but I was not able to drop files to the 32-bit version running bridged in Reaper x64. It may work fine running 32-bit native though ...

http://tonecarver.wordpress.com/tcstretch/

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”