How many NKI's do you have on your computer?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got about 30,000 :o

They do acummulate quite easily :D

Zero.

Somewhere in between those last two answers...

mac os x shell script to rescue!

[ waltercruz stark0 ~ ] mdfind 'kMDItemKind == "Kontakt Instrument"'|wc -l

~ 2500

You have me beat Numanoid, still I'm pretty surprised to come up with 17 thousand. Many from Komplete and Kirk Hunter Diamond and many are variations on a theme.
I must admit to wondering how many instruments do people really use? If you include every patch on every synth, every 'instrument' on Sampletank 2, Dim Pro, Kontakt we have an insane amount of 'instruments'. Is there a favorite piano, violin, etc... that gets used for most projects and so only a handful ever get used or do people really use the vast palette we have?
Of course if you mess with creation, you wonder if anything you make or at least assemble ever makes it out of the vast sea of nkis or vstis and ever gets used in a piece that sees the light of day.

bigcat1969 wrote:You have me beat Numanoid, still I'm pretty surprised to come up with 17 thousand. Many from Komplete and Kirk Hunter Diamond and many are variations on a theme.
I must admit to wondering how many instruments do people really use? If you include every patch on every synth, every 'instrument' on Sampletank 2, Dim Pro, Kontakt we have an insane amount of 'instruments'. Is there a favorite piano, violin, etc... that gets used for most projects and so only a handful ever get used or do people really use the vast palette we have?
Of course if you mess with creation, you wonder if anything you make or at least assemble ever makes it out of the vast sea of nkis or vstis and ever gets used in a piece that sees the light of day.
Honestly just a couple of handfuls.

I probably use about 10% or less

You don't want to know. :)

11k :o

And I will never in my life use all of them... TBH most of the simple synth patches are a bit so-so compared to your favourite subtractice VST.

the fewer the better

OK, got the list out.

33961 NKIs
2434 NKMs

Phew. :D

Just a bunch of nkm here:

mdfind 'kMDItemKind == "Kontakt Instrument" || kMDItemKind == "Kontakt Multi"'|grep nkm|wc -l

total 5756

EvilDragon wrote:OK, got the list out.

33961 NKIs
2434 NKMs

Phew. :D
So, this is about 36,000 different patches. It means if one would like to preview them... let's say spending 10 seconds for each one (selecting+loading+at least listening to 1 note)... it means 100 hours = more than 4 days without break... nah, simply impossible. Let alone if one would like to make comparisons among them. As far as I am concerned, the fewer the better: 401 nki, 22 nkm. And consider I keep on buying and making new patches and libraries...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”