New Drum Samples Website : SM Drums

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DSmolken wrote: I think so... try adding gain=6 or volume=6 to the regions you want. That might not interfere with the amplitude_onccXXX=100 opcodes that are there now.
Yep, volume=9 works like a charm :)

Cool. Do you think we need volume adjustments for any of the kit pieces, or was that just for the extras you borrowed from Big Mono?

DSmolken wrote:Cool. Do you think we need volume adjustments for any of the kit pieces, or was that just for the extras you borrowed from Big Mono?
I used it only for the borrowed snareroll :)

Ah, good. So I think that means the SFZ mappings are pretty much finished. And that leaves documentation... muslimpunk, can you take care of that, or at least recycle what you can from the Kontakt documentation? I can make a list of which MIDI CC is assigned to what in which mapping if needed.

Also, we got Reaper and FL Studio templates with buses set up, do we need those for any more DAWs?

That is great news !

Sure , i will work on a short installation guide.

Plus the FL and Reaper templates can be shared with the pack.

And the problem got solved .... via help on this thread :
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=1497937

online rendering (realtime rendering) was the key.

I think with that I can publish this online, once I have done a short write-up.

@DSmolken : THANK YOU for your absolutely fantastic job on this !

Please let me know (here or PM) if you would like to add something to the write-up or maybe add a short bio for the about page.

question 1 : it looks like you used pretty every sample in that stereo pack ! is that correct ?

question 2 : can you please share your final release sfz set again , just to be sure I have the latest edit ? And also the FL template ?

I can now firmly say that this is a landmark moment for free sampled drums. The whole thing uses around 1.2 GB which is like a record. The only thing comparable RAM wise is Kontakt.

muslimpunk wrote:And the problem got solved .... via help on this thread :

Cool ! so it had nothing to do with the settings in sforzando ?

Yeager wrote:
muslimpunk wrote:And the problem got solved .... via help on this thread :

Cool ! so it had nothing to do with the settings in sforzando ?
Apparently so !

But the requirement to render realtime is a sforzando thing. I have been told that most professionals use this option anyways (as opposed to an offline render), to avoid any vsti / fx related artifacts in the render (like this one).

So consider me informed :)

muslimpunk wrote:I think with that I can publish this online, once I have done a short write-up.

@DSmolken : THANK YOU for your absolutely fantastic job on this !

Please let me know (here or PM) if you would like to add something to the write-up or maybe add a short bio for the about page.

question 1 : it looks like you used pretty every sample in that stereo pack ! is that correct ?

question 2 : can you please share your final release sfz set again , just to be sure I have the latest edit ? And also the FL template ?

I can now firmly say that this is a landmark moment for free sampled drums. The whole thing uses around 1.2 GB which is like a record. The only thing comparable RAM wise is Kontakt.
You're welcome. Here's the complete set of mappings and FL templates:

http://we.tl/nr45nT1gy4

I didn't use the closed hi-hat #2 folder, other than that everything else in the stereo drums got used.

When you release this, can you give credit for the SFZ mapping to D. Smolken and link to the Karoryfer Samples page? www.karoryfer.com/karoryfer-samples

We can also add a link to you on our site (like we have to bigcat and Peter Jones' sites) and generally brag about being involved with this because, yeah, this really is one of the biggest and most complex free sample libraries of any kind.

If I move the FL patches to a separate folder , would it affect anything ?

The program will ask for the location of the sfz files and samples anyways , I'm assuming.

The folder structure I was thinking was :

SM Drums - SFZ
--SFZ Files
--FL Projects
--Reaper Projects
--Documentation

What are your thoughts on this ?

And yes, I will link to your site :)

I think the .sfz files all have to be in the main folder of SMDrums, to put them in a subfolder could probably work after adding ..\ in front of the sample file paths for all the regions.

I don't know about the FLP files, but I guess they might as well go in a subfolder - the first time someone wants to use them I guess they'll have to reimport the correct SFZ file into each instance of Sforzando, then save, and from then on it should work with their correct paths.

There will be a readme or installer txt that clearly mentions the placement of the sfz files. It will also be mentioned in the getting started write-up.

So you're OK with having all the SFZ files in the main SMDrums folder?

Yeah ... Its just a simple placement excercise , and in no way hinders the use of the samples for other purposes at all.

Unless.... you can re-write the sample referencing in all the sfz files to reflect the fact that they will be in the SM Drums folder in a "sfz files" folder.

Its totally your call . :)

Haha, predictably enough I'd rather avoid doing another round of search/replace on all these files. They can stay as they are.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”