Problem with Kontakt 5 automapping

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For some reasons it doesn't seem to work. All the notes are messed up and don't go to the right root key. I follow this tutorial and only get errors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MufbG3SZRJ0

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? The samples are labeled like this:

C1-Acid Bass
C2-Acid Bass
C3-Acid Bass
etc..

Edit: For unknown reasons, I don't have the "make it root key" option when I do my auto map setup. I only have "Using Sample Root", I guess it's the same thing?

You should still have "Set to single key" option, though? Use that, then auto-stretch the zones option in the Mapping Editor.

(BTW using MIDI note numbers is better than actual note names.)

EvilDragon wrote:You should still have "Set to single key" option, though? Use that, then auto-stretch the zones option in the Mapping Editor.

(BTW using MIDI note numbers is better than actual note names.)
It almost worked! When I "auto map - setup" and select "Set to single key", I hit apply and the root keys are on the right keys. The only problem is when I auto stretch the mapping, the root key get all go to C3. There must be something I'm doing wrong.

Hmmm, that doesn't happen over here.

(Don't use the "Root" button, use the one to the left of "Auto" button in the Mapping editor!)

What works for me...
Drag in samples
Automap - Set to Single Key
Batch Tools - Move Root Keys to Center
Autospread zone key ranges
Deselect all zones

Make sure Auto Move Root Key is on.
Drop samples one octave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5mkcZBGUcI
No sound except hitting the keys on the instrument so don't crank up the volume and then get killed by bells.

Thanks BigCat! That worked! :tu:

When you have "Set to single key" selected, it automatically sets the root to that key as well, so there's no need to do "Move root keys to center", AFAIK.

...if you have sampled your instrument in equal ranges, e.g. every minor third, and you want the root note to be the lowest note in the sampler, just drag all your samples into the mapping editor and move them to the lowest note. Keep the mouse button pressed and move the mouse up or down and Kontakt will stretch the note range equally. But you have to name the samples correctly in order to get this method to work, i.e. number the samples consecutively at the beginning of the file name like this: "01_sample_name_C_1" etc...

EvilDragon wrote:When you have "Set to single key" selected, it automatically sets the root to that key as well, so there's no need to do "Move root keys to center", AFAIK.
For some reason Kontakt doesn't always place the sample's root key to the right note. Sometimes it works 100%, other times one or two notes are way off. I don't know why it's doing this on my computer, but at least when I move root key to center, I'm 100% sure it will be on the right root key.

Thanks for your help guys! :tu:

EvilDragon wrote:When you have "Set to single key" selected, it automatically sets the root to that key as well, so there's no need to do "Move root keys to center", AFAIK.

this is bullshit and wrong again. this is the ONLY way what ALWAYS works. idiot

cause the root key get all go to C3

kontakt engine works with rootkeys sometimes total randomly in buggy automap.
THIS is the only stable way, you dilettant.

Such nice tone you have there, you're gonna go far with it! And especially since you disallowed receiving PMs (yet you have no problem attacking somebody else on this board through them). Consider yourself reported. Bye!

aliens_earth wrote:kontakt engine works with rootkeys sometimes total randomly in buggy automap.
THIS is the only stable way, you dilettant.

4 posts, two of them with personal attacks...I'm Hink, a mod here...please drop the the attacks
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

bigcat1969 wrote:What works for me...
Drag in samples
Automap - Set to Single Key
Batch Tools - Move Root Keys to Center
Oh thank you thank you thank you. You have saved me hours! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”