Weresax - free alto sax with bonus saxcordion and sxnth

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Weresax

Sure, that depends on the instrument. Pitch doesn't make much sense for drums, EQ might. Pitch and EQ makes a lot of sense for bowed strings, though. In those synths I've randomized sample offset.

Forgot to say I did the Kontakt deed, twice actually.

WIPS - http://www.mediafire.com/download/z34ou ... x_WIPs.zip
Based on the Big Bob WIPs scripts.

Electric - http://www.mediafire.com/download/4pdsl ... ectric.zip
based on Mickaël Ménager's script and GUI.

Please credit Mr. D Smolken on your singles and albums.

If you are bored and have the bandwidth, see which version (if any) you like better.

bigcat1969 wrote:Please credit Mr. D Smolken on your singles and albums.
Nah, no need for attribution if you're going to use this in songs. We only really want attributuin when redistributing as samples. We just can't write a license agreement that would distinguish between the two in a legally precise way.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6299738

Somebody sent us this remix using Weresax. Not letting the poor player breathe, but sounds quite nice. Always cool to see how people use your samples.

https://soundcloud.com/dee-p-tree/fireb ... tree-remix

And Weresax is somewhere over 2000 total downloads now, which is also a nice ego boost.

Updated this with smaller knobs, and also Shinyguitar and Scarypiano, because apparently after some updates, the knobs were no longer visible on some Windows systems. Now Weresax and Shinyguitar use the same knobs our newer instruments do, so it's not all bad as our stuff looks more consistent across the board now, and Scarpiano a smaller version of its eyeballs.

So, if you don't see the knobs in these instruments, download them and overwrite. Maybe fixing years-old freebies isn't worth the time, but they keep getting dozens of downloads a day, all are over 10000 downloads each, so I figured some people will benefit from the fix.

How did you make a Tube sound cool? War Tuba is so fire. I personally love the Sfzando player but think it may be the only reason these libraries aren't bigger because it can be a pain to work with at times. Took me months to realize I had to drag and drop the doc to get the gui to appear lol.

Oh, I just sampled a tuba player from a folk-punk band. He doesn't sound like your typical tuba player. It's a fairly cheap tuba, too.

DSmolken wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:35 am Updated this with smaller knobs, and also Shinyguitar and Scarypiano, because apparently after some updates, the knobs were no longer visible on some Windows systems. Now Weresax and Shinyguitar use the same knobs our newer instruments do, so it's not all bad as our stuff looks more consistent across the board now, and Scarpiano a smaller version of its eyeballs.

So, if you don't see the knobs in these instruments, download them and overwrite. Maybe fixing years-old freebies isn't worth the time, but they keep getting dozens of downloads a day, all are over 10000 downloads each, so I figured some people will benefit from the fix.
I downloaded the latest Weresax, Shinyguitar and Scarypiano. Just tried Scary....something wrong with the withering knob now...it sort of disappears inside itself to be replaced by another, then another.
Haven't tried Weresax or Shiny...they might have the same problem. Windows 10 here...I didn't actually have a problem with the knobs before this but just thought I'd update anyway...probably no need to I guess, but anyway, thought you should know about this.

Argh, I might have exported those knobs with the wrong number of frames, then... I've had that happen before when working on test instruments. I'll look into that and redo the fix.

DSmolken wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:53 pm Argh, I might have exported those knobs with the wrong number of frames, then... I've had that happen before when working on test instruments. I'll look into that and redo the fix.
Phew, for a moment there I wondered whether the multiplying cancerous knobs were a scary joke about 'withering'.

Found and fixed... turned out it was just a typo in the frame number for that knob's configuration, which is why the other three worked fine. That'll teach me to test a fix and go "yup, the knobs work" after just moving two of the knobs!

Weresax..upon dragging the XML in.... Windows "Import error---document: extra characters following root element". I pressed OK (I think)...it then loaded and said installed successfully.

DSmolken wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:34 pm Found and fixed... turned out it was just a typo in the frame number for that knob's configuration, which is why the other three worked fine. That'll teach me to test a fix and go "yup, the knobs work" after just moving two of the knobs!
Yep, the withering knob fixed, but it doesn't seem to do anything?

It should (as before) control the release time in the envelope. I didn't do anything to its functionality.

I'll check later if it actually does or not... maybe it even never did for years, just nobody told me.

DSmolken wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:21 am It should (as before) control the release time in the envelope. I didn't do anything to its functionality.

I'll check later if it actually does or not... maybe it even never did for years, just nobody told me.
Sorry, yes it is controlling release time.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”