!! SPITFIRE - ALBION R.I.P. - Get the original for the last time £149 - DETAILS POSTED

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Albion 2: Loegria Albion 3: Iceni

Numanoid wrote:Ah, then I get it, it is a revolving door :lol:
8)

I'd really like to get any of the Albion libs, but they're so very expensive. Oh well, the best don't come cheap.

@elxsound

Well, it's still pretty big price. You can get VSL SE1 for a little bit more money and variation in instruments. But seeing as Albion was originally made for professionals only, it is a suberb library. Loegria is great too, it's for smaller and more intimate sound, but epic nonetheless.

I just got a newsletter about this from from Time & Space - you can use PayPal there :)

http://www.timespace.com/product/ALB1-1 ... ion_i.html
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

This is an instant buy, regardless of what they are no doubt replacing it with.

** GET THE ORIGINAL ALBION FOR THE LAST TIME AT NEARLY A 60% DISCOUNT **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7msMfxbJcU

Yes, it’s true. After countless plaudits and awards and years of offering many their first steps on their Spitfire journey, it is time to retire the jewel in the Spitfire crown. Albion was the first in a series of products from Spitfire package together everything needed to create contemporary sounding film music.

Over the years, Albion has made its way into many A-listers hearts as an awesome sketch pad for blockbuster movies, her many curios gracing contemporary award-winning movie soundtracks. She has underscored countless AAA games, and continually ensures that there is rarely an evening in front of the television where her beautifully recorded-to-tape tones won’t grace your airwaves. Not to mention the odd surprise appearance on hit records that have decided to go ‘widescreen’! For these reasons, and many more, we consider Albion to be a modern classic in sample-ware.

When released in 2011 it garnered universal praise as a game changer not only for her quality of sound and tools specially curated by Spitfire's team of award winning composers & producers, but also for her extraordinary bold price point. It quickly found its way into the palettes and hearts of music makers the world over from award winning power users to students stepping out into their careers as successful media composers.

So it is with heavy hearts and a proud tear in our eye that we must now put her out to pasture. We will naturally continue to support a product we're truly proud of. This will include any new feature discoveries we may make along the way (Albion was recently upgraded to be hosted by our new BML codebase).

Therefore, this will be your last chance to buy the original Albion, and we hope that offering it to you at the price of £149 (RRP £349 - OR AROUND $230 from $540 IN US DOLLARS!) is a compelling incentive for you to join this adoring club. More importantly, we hope she provides you with many more years of happiness.

FOR MORE INFO AND TO BUY: http://www.spitfireaudio.com/albion

This page http://www.spitfireaudio.com/albion says "This library is a free "Kontakt 5 Player" Library".

But the Albion User Manual uses Kontakt 4. Which is it? And if now for Kontakt 5, are the old Kontakt 4 instrument files still available?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:This page http://www.spitfireaudio.com/albion says "This library is a free "Kontakt 5 Player" Library".

But the Albion User Manual uses Kontakt 4. Which is it? And if now for Kontakt 5, are the old Kontakt 4 instrument files still available?
Albion has been updated, numerous times I think. I doubt the Kontakt 4 files are obtainable anymore through conevntional means. You could try email Spitfire-support and maybe they'd send you the old files, provided you have purchased the product.

That did it for me, there is no tremolo for strings.

Aryaroman wrote:That did it for me, there is no tremolo for strings.
Is there a list of articulations for all instruments? Or are the patches more like "Strings-Sustain", "Strings-Short" etc?

SirKen wrote:
Is there a list of articulations for all instruments? Or are the patches more like "Strings-Sustain", "Strings-Short" etc?
They're in high and low patches. Newer Spitfire products have the articulations loaded in the patch, but I think Albion has them as just patches, like Strings-sustain.

The Spitfire product page for Albion lists them. They're in the details/dwelling deeper.

Aryaroman wrote:
SirKen wrote:
They're in high and low patches. Newer Spitfire products have the articulations loaded in the patch, but I think Albion has them as just patches, like Strings-sustain.

The Spitfire product page for Albion lists them. They're in the details/dwelling deeper.
That's still okay, I guess. However, the lack of tremolo is a bit disappointing.

SirKen wrote: That's still okay, I guess. However, the lack of tremolo is a bit disappointing.
You can fake it with the ostinatum.

JessicaSA wrote: ** GET THE ORIGINAL ALBION FOR THE LAST TIME AT NEARLY A 60% DISCOUNT **
Yes, it’s true. After countless plaudits and awards and years of offering many their first steps on their Spitfire journey, it is time to retire the jewel in the Spitfire crown.
Any chance you´re going to retire Albion III any time soon? :hihi:

epiphaneia wrote:
JessicaSA wrote: ** GET THE ORIGINAL ALBION FOR THE LAST TIME AT NEARLY A 60% DISCOUNT **
Yes, it’s true. After countless plaudits and awards and years of offering many their first steps on their Spitfire journey, it is time to retire the jewel in the Spitfire crown.
Any chance you´re going to retire Albion III any time soon? :hihi:
They never seem to have sales on II-IV. Maybe this christmas though?

I already have a number of Orchestral libraries (EWQL Hollywood Diamond, EWQLSO Gold, UVI, Steinberg, Nexus2 Hollywood 2&3, etc.) but I snagged this and I am impressed. It certainly serves as a great compliment to what I have, and it feels like I can get backgrounds hashed out quicker and then build on the idea before the inspiration dies. Some products like Hollywood Diamond can be a real killer on the inspiration as you seek specific articulations out just to get to your idea.

Would love to see 2-4 on sale too!

thejonsolo wrote:I already have a number of Orchestral libraries (EWQL Hollywood Diamond, EWQLSO Gold, UVI, Steinberg, Nexus2 Hollywood 2&3, etc.) but I snagged this and I am impressed. It certainly serves as a great compliment to what I have, and it feels like I can get backgrounds hashed out quicker and then build on the idea before the inspiration dies. Some products like Hollywood Diamond can be a real killer on the inspiration as you seek specific articulations out just to get to your idea.

Would love to see 2-4 on sale too!
They have unusual warmth. They record on tape, then digitalize it.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”