Hollow Sun in the JMJ Electronica trailer!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you look closely, you'll see a Hollow Sun Kontakt instrument at the very beginning of the Jean Michel Jarre's Electronica album trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw02ZVo4ea4

Sorry if it has already been said, I just thought it was really cool to see something from a member of our community in a JMJ video!

Ahh, the MLM Minis. :)

JMJ and Steve were quite good friends. A nice way to honour that friendship :)

That's cool !!!
It is what it is...

ScrewMakerMusic

I'm using Stringodyne too, wow :o As the saying goes, great minds think alike :D

I've only bought two of the Hollow Sun libraries.
I found one a bit disappointing, but the other is fantastic.
"Pulstar" is superlative.

Which one did you find disappointing and why/what could be improved?

EvilDragon wrote:Which one did you find disappointing and why/what could be improved?
It's not a bad one.
I think I just expected something more than just standard FM banks from the FS1R Collection.
Something that showed it to be the monster that so many refer to it as?
Just didn't strike me as anything unique really.
I was playing Pulstar the other evening though, probably lost a good hour or two in tweaking with it.
User friendly in so many ways and still quite deep in output. Definitely the one I suggest to all to check out from Hollow Sun if they could only buy one from them.

Ah I see. Right, IIRC FS1R Collection was the case of one of Steve's friends sampling a selection of patches from it before he sold it away, and then Steve jumped in and made a library out of it.

Pulstar is one of the crowd favourites, though, indeed. :)

I like FS1R, as I do not have the hardware, the pathces give me a bread/butter serving of that.

Numanoid wrote:I like FS1R, as I do not have the hardware, the pathces give me a bread/butter serving of that.
I definitely have no shortage of 'bread and butter' from most things on my drive.

I tend to therefore look more for 'manna & ghee' sets.
And the off world variants in 'soylent spectrums'. :wink:
FS1R quickly became redundant for me. :shrug:
I find some of the developers that have very good emulations of the past, have even better visions of their own to offer as well. Hollow Sun and Synth Magic both spring to mind in this realm, as well as Rhythmic Robot and Hideaway Studios.

Evil Dragon/Hollow Sun should do a FS2R update

Adding a new GUI and also a set of impressionistic patches alongside the more realistic ones :hyper:

I'm not sure if that's gonna happen. I would much rather focus on new stuff rather than endlessly updating old stuff...

Hollow Sun has long been some of my goto stuff. I was privileged enough to do several demos of the MLM machines over the years. I do wish Steve's record label would have taken off. It was a good idea.

Hah that Album is totally stacked. And some interesting choices of talent.

So the input for Stringodyne came from Dotcom?

I had thought it had come from more conventional string synth machines

Yep. Steve was anything but conventional :)

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”