composer collection pro east west

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,
I would like to buy the composer collection from East West but I would like to hear some experiences form you before spending soo much.
any experiences?how is the hard drive?anything to be aware of?

thanks

I have the Cloud Edition of this and the product is awesome. In your case, the libraries are gotten for a fraction of what they initially cost.

I did get Hollywood Diamond on a hard drive...you should not try to stream from this drive. Put it on an SSD. Yes that is an additional investment, but well worth it.

EastWest has great libraries, but part of what makes them great is their size. Loading a bunch of sounds from a standard hard drive is painstaking and can kill inspiration. Loading from an SSD turns minutes into seconds and keeps your mind flowing.

The "Play" software has some bugs here and there. I have not found anything to be "show stopping". However, you might want to do a little research to make sure you are completely compatible.

Alternately you could invest in one month of the Composer Cloud and "test" it out.

thanks thejonsolo ,
I was thinking about trying the composer cloud even though the library available for that month are not the ones I want..but it could be good to test the play software

about the ssd, well yes I have to buy it..

thanks

G

I have a case open with them for the PLAY engine not working properly. It's in unresolved state. It makes everything unplayable basically.

Unfortunately I haven't had the time to follow up with them even though they responded quickly. If PLAY works fine, it's a fantastic bargain for the price. Sadly, that's a big IF in my scenario.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”