What and why do you buy with ur $100 falcon voucher?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I`m new with uvi, only use relayer. Now i bought falcon and got this $100 voucher.
But now i have no idea what i should buy with it.
I don`t search at something concret.
I`m interested in your choices and the motives for that.
Thank you :D

PS: maybe this thread would better be placed in the soundware-forum? I now how sensitive some people here can be :hihi:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

I bought string studio, didn't put a lot of thought in to it, just picked one! I am a sucker for the old school string sounds though, and they sit well in an ambient multi...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If I had the voucher, I would maybe sit on it a while to see if there would be any sales on the UVI bundles around black friday for example

Don't think you can use it on sale items, plus it runs out in 2 months

I`ve already seen this, but my inquiry is not so specific like yours.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

aMUSEd wrote:Don't think you can use it on sale items, plus it runs out in 2 months
OK, then I would use the voucher to get either UVX-3P or UVX-10P 8)

I think for me it's a toss up between the Ethnic library and the gongs. Anyone know what the quality and playability of the world library is like, does it have legato instruments?

aMUSEd wrote:I think for me it's a toss up between the Ethnic library and the gongs. Anyone know what the quality and playability of the world library is like, does it have legato instruments?
FWIW, I was pretty disappointed with how much of it was loops, rather than actual instruments...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uvi/SC11-World ... Manual.pdf
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

can't use it on sale items, can't use it on plugins (like relayer or sparkverb), can't use it past two months... can't even give it away.

I guess we should be grateful we can use it at all.
Last edited by Daags on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll probably get the String Machines. I already have the whole Mtron Pro collection, so no point in getting another smaller set of those sounds. I own an MKS-70, so the -10P is out. The toy museum sounds like fun, but I can't quite fathom who the market is that would pay so much for a novelty collection. Honestly, I'm not setting my expectations very high with String Machines, since they obviously can't recreate the divide-down functionality of the original oscillators. I just don't see anything else worth getting at the sub-$100 price point.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Daags wrote:can't use it on sale items, can't use it on plugins (like relayer or sparkverb), can't use it past two months...

You can use it on sale items
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
Daags wrote:can't use it on sale items, can't use it on plugins (like relayer or sparkverb), can't use it past two months...

You can use it on sale items

is that a change of policy ? because I seem to recall you saying the voucher couldn't be used on, for example, 'black friday' specials ?

Daags wrote:is that a change of policy ? because I seem to recall you saying the voucher couldn't be used on, for example, 'black friday' specials ?
Almost sounds like you are disappointed about that? :?

whyterabbyt wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I think for me it's a toss up between the Ethnic library and the gongs. Anyone know what the quality and playability of the world library is like, does it have legato instruments?
FWIW, I was pretty disappointed with how much of it was loops, rather than actual instruments...

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uvi/SC11-World ... Manual.pdf
Ah, that's no good then. I have no use for loops, I want playable instruments.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”