What and why do you buy with ur $100 falcon voucher?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Still looking at the prepared piano - anyone get it?

Just to chime in:

I got the extreme fx library because I wasn't too interested in any of the instruments
or spending any more money at this point.

It seems a nice sound pool to feed into the granular system although I doubt I would use it for
anything else.

-Cheers

I got Extreme FX. Really, they have the most boring sample collection in the world. I'm literally not interested in any other single item, and I get the feeling many others feel the same way. Now that they've got a really good product in the form of Falcon, they need to take a look at how to support it much better with high quality sample libraries in a broader scope of modern genres.

KEv

Anyone have Gypsy Jazzy?
Last edited by audientronic on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audientronic wrote: Anyone have Gypsy Jazzy?
Conclusions.

Maybe the instrument part is not so lush, but it does seem to serve its purpose, offering some additional variations. The construction kits and UVIrtual Bands offer so many useful elements that I put this library at the top of the chart when Electro Swing or Jazzy House is an option. I also find enough useful elements for my EDM production, so more or less, if you are working in any of those genres, you can’t go wrong with this library. All elements are top-notch, the number of included variations is more than satisfactory, and what is more important, the loops and phrases sound really inspirational. I always do my homework before I order anything, so yes, all my expectation were fulfilled. The library costs $199 USD or €145,32 EUR, not so cheap maybe, but you will be fully rewarded for that money. A ton of guitar, violin and double-bass licks and phrases that will literally jump out of your speaker as soon as you put your hand on the keyboard. And that’s all that counts.

Check the whole review @ http://soundbytesmag.net/gypsy-jazzy-by-uvi/ :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Thanks.

For anyone interested your not just limited to soundbanks, you can get an effect, but only with a soundbank, then apply your voucher.

I got Relayer and the Sweep Machine. My reason for Relayer is pretty obvious...it just rocks. Sweep Machine was just to speed up where I used to automate simple sweeps. I just tweak for a few seconds, store the preset, and have great reusable sweeps.

But Relayer is what I wanted, heh!

Got Darklight IIx and I'm happy with it.
It's nice to be able to have access to all layers, add effects to them, and even extract samples (very interesting for the drum machine part)
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

knewspeak wrote:For anyone interested your not just limited to soundbanks, you can get an effect, but only with a soundbank, then apply your voucher.
To late.. Again, i wasn't smart enough to even think about this method could work.. :)

Doesn't matter it's a great tip! Thank you! :tu:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

aMUSEd wrote:Still looking at the prepared piano - anyone get it?
Ok bought it - well worth the money, what a great toy! Especially running it through Falcon's effects, although I am missing a granular effect. I did try loading the entire sample set into Ircam Multi Granular but it didn't work. Needs a bit of tilt eq to bring up the bottom end slightly and reduce the top.

deleted, info already posted
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

aMUSEd wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Still looking at the prepared piano - anyone get it?
Ok bought it - well worth the money, what a great toy! Especially running it through Falcon's effects, although I am missing a granular effect. I did try loading the entire sample set into Ircam Multi Granular but it didn't work. Needs a bit of tilt eq to bring up the bottom end slightly and reduce the top.
i have it from before and it is great, just too bad there's no round robin samples, so sometimes difficult to play
(well, it's a prepared piano so already difficult to play I guess ;)

How does something like Waverunner integrate with Falcon?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:How does something like Waverunner integrate with Falcon?
Not exactly sure what you're asking so I'm not sure if this will help. But, it shows up in the soundbanks list just like all the others. Once loaded, on the Info page you see the main gui just as you would in Workstation. All the controls in that gui work just as they would in Workstation. Then of course since you're in Falcon you have access to all the details of the sound within the other tabs.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”