Straight Ahead! Jazz Drums/Brushes?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Everyone,

I see that these are on sale at Kontakthub for 50% off (not sure when the sale ends). I think these libraries are overpriced at the non-sale price, but with the sale they are worth considering. Does anyone have experience with these? I have the EZD Jazz library as well as the Superior Roots Brushes, Rods and Mallets, but am wondering if the loops in SA Jazz sound more realistic or offer more variation that the Toontrack loops. Alternatively, can anyone recommend a midi library for brushes that I could use with my Toontrack libraries that would give me a good set of brushes loops? Brush loops, IMHO, are pretty difficult to get sounding good.

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I have not used them - yet - but I've heard them, and they sound great. All the standard articulations are supported, and then some (e.g. Latin patterns).

4.5 out of 5 stars for quality, but only 3 stars for overall value because $180 is on the high side for a Kontakt drum library of any kind, especially one that requires full Kontakt. But at half that price it's a worthwhile purchase, IMO, given the relative dearth of jazz-oriented drums out there. If there's a better jazz kit for less than $90, I am unaware of it.

Cinesamples has a couple of brush kits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jWQlZ0na6w

Bought today - thanks for your thoughts!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”