Rhythmic Robot release FREE PatchVault taster for Kontakt

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi folks!

We're hard at work on an epic collection of vintage patches from old synthesisers (first on our list: Jupiter 6. Second: PolySix. For some reason, sixes seem to be featuring a lot.)

The intention is to wrap vintage sounds in a very pocket-friendly, simple-to-use Kontakt interface which emphasises hands-on control and immediacy. While we're still elbow-deep in the sampling itself, we've released a FREE taster so you can get an idea of what it's going to be like. The taster is the very first factory patch in the J6, so this is probably the first sound you would've heard if you'd bought one back in the day :)

Head on over to http://www.rhythmicrobot.com/product/patchvault_taster and grab yourself a free download. There are some more details about the future of PatchVault on our News pages here: http://www.rhythmicrobot.com/patchvault ... -you-think

Best wishes,

Prof (and Mongo)

Many thanks! Any chance of including Wav files?

Meh. This whole patch thing is incredibly boring imo. The patch concept seems to be just rehashing sounds that are available in a hundred places already. I wish RR would get back to their amazing weird crazy unique stuff.

spirit wrote:Meh. This whole patch thing is incredibly boring imo. The patch concept seems to be just rehashing sounds that are available in a hundred places already. I wish RR would get back to their amazing weird crazy unique stuff.
Well, we've got plenty of that coming your way soon too – see below! – but given that we've got these classic synths kicking around the lab, we thought why not sample the heck outta them in any case? A bit of off-the-cuff market research says that plenty of people do still want to get their hands on the classic patches; and while you're quite right that they exist out there already, a lot of them are very shoddily sampled and we just reckon we can do better :wink:

I do agree though that the main string to RR's bow is "amazing weird crazy unique stuff", so here's a sneak preview of what's coming next in that area:

PTV wrote:Many thanks! Any chance of including Wav files?
Yes, you can get your hands on these. Drop me an email on the site's Contact Us page ( http://www.rhythmicrobot.com/contact-us ) and I'll talk you through it :)

the professor wrote:
PTV wrote:Many thanks! Any chance of including Wav files?
Yes, you can get your hands on these. Drop me an email on the site's Contact Us page ( http://www.rhythmicrobot.com/contact-us ) and I'll talk you through it :)
Great! Thanks :D

Thanks for the taster :-)

Hello Prof & Dr Mongo,
a good taster - I think it will be satisfy the expectations to a "one-sound-of-a-classical"synth.....
With the few controls everyone can fiddle and change the sound for their own needs....from Pluck to Pad and to change
the character of the original....I like it - what´s the price for the forthcoming "collection-synths"?

Your new "Poly770" looks very good - I think it´s a no brainer and I will bought immediately (I´ve bought some of your
lovely things in the past). The only thing i`m missing is the Ringmodulator in the VCO2 section for the need
of experimentalism....so i hope there´s something like some special waveforms or some equivalent in the effects section.....
Looking forward to it....

kujashi :-)

Schiffbauer wrote:Hello Prof & Dr Mongo,
a good taster - I think it will be satisfy the expectations to a "one-sound-of-a-classical"synth.....
With the few controls everyone can fiddle and change the sound for their own needs....from Pluck to Pad and to change
the character of the original....I like it - what´s the price for the forthcoming "collection-synths"?
And adding another or more layers of the same patchs, one can build fifths, or sevenths, easily by midi transposing the layers

Even with only one patch there are many possibilites :tu:

Sounds awesome congrats!
www.TheSamplingHandbook.com - a step by step guide to creating custom sample libraries for Kontakt

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”