Sampler that saves files inside the project

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a VST sampler that would copy the sampled files inside the project folder, so that when I move the project to another computer for instance I can still read it without manually looking for the right files. I know that the EXS does it in Logic, but I'm using Cubase.
Thanks in advance.

djeos546 wrote:Hi everyone,
I'm looking for a VST sampler that would copy the sampled files inside the project folder, so that when I move the project to another computer for instance I can still read it without manually looking for the right files. I know that the EXS does it in Logic, but I'm using Cubase.
Thanks in advance.
Maybe this thread will help you: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63970

Anyway, you may face some difficulties, since the top samplers on the market use libraries with compacted and encripted data files. Probably the only way is to save the sample instruments to the project folder WITH the samples (Kontakt can do this, for exemple, as can Falcon too) and then copy everything.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Maybe this thread will help you: https://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63970
I already know this, but it just saves the audio files imported directly into the project, not the ones used by a VST like Geist.

djeos546 wrote:
fmr wrote:
Thanks in advance.
I already know this, but it just saves the audio files imported directly into the project, not the ones used by a VST like Geist.
Then you have to save the instruments (the patches) WITH the samples into the project folder, as I said (assuming Geist can do this - I don't know Geist). Or bouncing the tracks as audio. Anyway, if Geist is present in the destination computer, wouldn't the instruments be there too (and consequently the samples)?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
djeos546 wrote:
fmr wrote:
Thanks in advance.
Then you have to save the instruments (the patches) WITH the samples into the project folder, as I said (assuming Geist can do this - I don't know Geist). Or bouncing the tracks as audio. Anyway, if Geist is present in the destination computer, wouldn't the instruments be there too (and consequently the samples)?
I tried looking for such a feature in Geist but apparently it can only save absolute path. For instance if my sample is in Home/Music/Project, Geist can only find it in that location. If the project is moved somewhere else like Home/Archive/Project, Geist will still look for the sample in the Music folder. And the same happens if I move it to another computer.
That's why I'm asking about another sampler that would be able to copy the file in the project folder, and look for it in there even if this folder has been moved.

I believe New Sonic Arts Nuance can do this. I'll dig up the manual later on and check.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”