SYNFERNO - CINEMATIC SOUND MODULE - 40% OFF INTRO PRICE

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synferno is a cinematic Sound Module containing 300 different kits that can be played in tandem across 4 categories (Bass, Synth, Ambient and Groove)

The 300 Kits can be loaded by dragging and dropping the separate *.NKI files or by using the snapshot function.

Loops can be played polyphonically timestretched within a range of two octaves (24 semitones).
Each part has it´s own color-coded range on the keyboard. You can alternatively play the loops sliced using the "SLICE" button in the SEQ page.

There are special MIDI trigger keys/notes that enable you to turn on/off the FX per part, retrigger a currently playing slice (when sequencer is turned on) and to trigger a volume ("trancegate") per part.

MAIN FEATURES
  • 300 preset kits that guarantee instant inspiration.
  • 1200 24 bit host-synced loops totalling 3GB.
  • central mixing section with 2x parametric EQ per part.
  • seperate edit, fx and sequencer pages.
  • comprehensive effects section with 4x convolution reverb.
  • polyphonic timestretching, MIDI hotkeys.
  • intelligent randomization.
  • per-part step sequencer with sample and loop offset.
  • awesome editing and sound-shaping capabilities.
  • mix and match loops for endless posibilities.
  • fully ACIDized WAV loops ready for any DAW.
  • KONTAKT 5.5+ required.
MIX PAGE

From here you can mix and match the individual loops (parts).

The top LCD shows the current kit or simply "---USER---" if you´ve modified (loaded another loop) the kit. It has no other functionality.

You have 4 LCD´s that represent the current (loaded) loop. From there you can select different loops or let Synferno choose new ones by clicking on the "R" buttons. (Randomize).

The "R" buttons have different functions depending on what key you press at the same time:
  • NO KEY: chooses random loop from the part´s loop list.
  • SHIFT: randomizes parameters in the FX and EDIT page, as well as choosing a random FX preset.
  • ALT: chooses a random loop for all four parts at once.
  • SHIFT + ALT: chooses a random loop for all parts + randomizes FX and EDIT page values (random FX preset).
NOTE: When you press SHIFT and ALT on the first "R" button on the mix page (BASS section) that also alters the sequencer state (on/off) + chooses a random sequencer preset for ALL parts.

The SOLO buttons can be used to solo parts. Clicking any SOLO button with COMMAND/ALT or SHIFT will deactivate any active solo.

For almost all controls you can press ALT and adjust the value for all parts at once. (It´s always stated in KONTAKT´s information window). COMMAND/CONTROL will reset values. SHIFT is for fine-tuning.

The SPACE knobs set the amount of convolution reverb for the selected part. (The "SPACE" toggle button must be enabled in the FX page).

The FX buttons can be used to enable or disable FX sections for the parts. The SEQ buttons will enable/disable the per-part sequencer.

FX PAGE

The STEP FILTER is a tempo-synced bandpass filter that randomly changes it´s cutoff. The AMOUNT controls the strength of the cutoff sweeps. The STEP GATE is a classical volume "trancegate". In the middle are on/off toggle buttons for the various effect sections. To the right is a preset menu with 32 presets and a "R" button that chooses one randomly.

The SPACE REVERB comes with 60 impulse responses that you can choose via the dropdown menu. This convolution reverb is available for each part. (Each with a different IR if wanted). CPU = BAD ;-)

SEQ PAGE

Perhaps the most interesting thing in SYNFERNO. Each part has a 2 x 32 step sequencer that let´s you not only control the sample offset per part but also the loop offset. So basically it loads 32 loops per part into the RAM and then you can offset which one to play. (Really interesting results).

Furthermore, each part has 32 presets (together with the famous "R" button), a rate control (1/2 , 1/4, 1/8 , 1/16), start step and end step offset knobs + a SLICE and a GATE button:
  • GATE button: If the current step in the first (sample offset) sequencer is 0 it won´t play the loop at this moment. (Required for some presets.)
  • SLICE button: Let´s you play the first 24 slices on the keyboard of the selected loop chromatically. ("AKAI-Style"). It will then use the default pitch, that you can still change using the SEMI knobs on the mix page

EDIT PAGE

The four top buttons let the user select the part to be edited. You always have access to the MIX page controls from the currently selected part in the EDIT,FX and SEQ pages. (to the left).

The amplifier section controls the amp envelope and the filter section the filter envelope. The MODWHEEL section allows for volume and filter changes per part. Switching on LP (lowpass) and HP (highpass) will result in a nice DJ-like filter effect.

LOOP SPEED CONTROL lets you change the loop speed for the currently selected part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHxLBipCiFc

Available from Kontakt Hub
https://www.lootaudio.com
Kontakt Libraries, Plugins, Patches, Samples and Deals.

I don't manage to see that this is that much more different than Ambiloop Vol 1 and 2, except that those are much less expensive costing just one tenth of the the price of Synferno?

Synferno got 300 construction kits, while Amiloop Vol 1 and 2 "only" got 100 each, but that can hardly explain why Synferno costs £70 while Ambiloop Vol 1 and 2 only cost £7 each

Numanoid wrote:I don't manage to see that this is that much more different than Ambiloop Vol 1 and 2, except that those are much less expensive costing just one tenth of the the price of Synferno?

Synferno got 300 construction kits, while Amiloop Vol 1 and 2 "only" got 100 each, but that can hardly explain why Synferno costs £70 while Ambiloop Vol 1 and 2 only cost £7 each
That's a beautiful GUI though Numanoid. I confess I haven't checked out the sound yet though.

Numanoid wrote:I don't manage to see that this is that much more different than Ambiloop Vol 1 and 2, except that those are much less expensive costing just one tenth of the the price of Synferno?

Hi Numanoid,

there are 1200 loops in total, a lot have been overworked. There´s brand new material, the GUI has been completely redesigned, there is a lot more in-depth control, you have a new dual-sequencer per part, you can play loops sliced if you prefer, there´s a dual EQ for each part, browsing has been made easier using snapshots... the list goes on :D

OK I usually wait for reviews and such before buying; and also usually demos; but this one, after reading website and listening to recorded demos I bit. And I'm having a blast, this thing is fun as hell. Never got Ambiloop but had been interested to get it in past; this thing, I can understand what is going on enough to just play, and you can make good changes quickly, with not too many controls (IMO just the right ones are there), and the GUI is fantastic (both on the eyes and in use.) Did I mention it's fun? I also saw Blendstrument came out in Feb 2016 (and is now the ad on kvr edges), also interesting, maybe a bit more content underneath, also more focused on pulsing the various content, seems more tweaking to do with that one (still interested in that, but this one was instant satisfaction.)

synzh wrote:OK I usually wait for reviews and such before buying; and also usually demos; but this one, after reading website and listening to recorded demos I bit. And I'm having a blast, this thing is fun as hell. Never got Ambiloop but had been interested to get it in past; this thing, I can understand what is going on enough to just play, and you can make good changes quickly, with not too many controls (IMO just the right ones are there), and the GUI is fantastic (both on the eyes and in use.) Did I mention it's fun? I also saw Blendstrument came out in Feb 2016 (and is now the ad on kvr edges), also interesting, maybe a bit more content underneath, also more focused on pulsing the various content, seems more tweaking to do with that one (still interested in that, but this one was instant satisfaction.)
Thanks, Synzh! Glad to hear you´re enjoying it!

http://www.producerspot.com/synferno-ci ... igid-audio

Producerspot just reviewed Synferno, if you want to have a read :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loIjzw6ZH60

An in-depth walkthrough video has just been put online. Be sure to check it out!

A cut down x-mas edition, can be had for free :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

The full version is $26 at VSTBuzz.
http://vstbuzz.com/deals/75-off-synferno-rigid-audio/

"Cinematic" must be the most over-used word of 2016…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote:"Cinematic" must be the most over-used word of 2016…

/Joachim
I agree :hihi: :oops:

Spitfire31 wrote:"Cinematic" must be the most over-used word of 2016…

/Joachim
Indeed, but people asked for more and "cinematic" instruments are very popular.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”