The Winstons - Amen, Brother. Do you have this record?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There is also a great little plugin for the Amen Break (PC only). I think there is a thread on KVR about it some where.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cfj6NTobTA4
Synth Magic synths for Konatkt - ARP Quadra, Polymoog and many more. www.synthmagic.co.uk

thecontrolcentre wrote: Because it gives you "that sound" ... its not something you can program. The Amen Break is to drum'n'bass what the 909 is to techno, or the Funky Drummer / 808 to hip hop.
Of course you can program it. You can even make it sound like the original, if you tinker enough - check the user presets's libary of Addictive drums for example.

anomandaris1 wrote:Of course you can program it. You can even make it sound like the original, if you tinker enough - check the user presets's libary of Addictive drums for example.
I'd like to hear you try!

NAD wrote:
anomandaris1 wrote:Of course you can program it. You can even make it sound like the original, if you tinker enough - check the user presets's libary of Addictive drums for example.
Me too. Lets hear it :hihi:

deastman wrote:Right. As the documentary posted above discusses,, this one sample has become an integral part of popular culture. It is partly the pattern, but also the timbre of the actual recording.
But more than often it is used as a foundation to fatten up the main groove.

So timbres then get lost.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
NAD wrote:
Me too. Lets hear it :hihi:
Thought not ... :phones:

I'm bumping this to say.

Do not buy this guys sample pack if you come across it as I did.

He can't even be bothered to sample the break from original source himself.

Sampling from physical media has nuances, the input level massively affects the sound of the sample.

Sampling in general has been the blind leading the blind for a few decades now, basic no nos like this should not be tolerated.

This entire thing is just silly. Stop looking backward and create something new.

Or just buy your own copy of either the record, Color Him Father, or the 7" single, which are cheap and plenty available. Hell, there's even modern day represses if you want em. Sample your own Amen and destroy it yourself.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”