Realitone Fingerpick with Pattern Player Released and On Sale!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After much delay, we’re finally releasing Fingerpick, a Kontakt Player acoustic guitar library focused on . . . oh, go ahead . . . guess! That’s right, fingerpicking! (You were expecting us to call it RealiFingerpick?)

I've done a lot of pretty big projects here in this studio. We’ve recorded acoustic guitar on a ton of records, commercials and TV shows. We’ll frequently try multiple guitars to see which one sounds best for a given song. This Takamine usually wins, even over my Martin and some very expensive guitars other people have brought in. (Skeptical? As always, our 30 day full refund policy applies. Yes, we’re that confident.)

We felt that not only was the choice of guitar important, but as we recorded, we had the player play as if he were actually fingerpicking a song, as opposed to simply saying, “Use your finger instead of a pick.” It makes a difference, because with all due respect to other libraries, I believe this one sounds like real fingerpicking.

Now, you know how we are here at Realitone. We insult you! Yes, just like with RealiBanjo, we treat our customers like they’re a bunch of musical nitwits who don’t know what patterns (rolls) a player would actually play. Okay, I know what you’re thinking - “How dare you, Mike! I may not know what a banjo player would play, but everybody knows what a guitar player would play!” Well, don’t take this the wrong way, but . . . are you sure? Yeah, we can all figure out an arpeggio. But do you know what a Travis pattern is? Or a Cape Roll? I didn’t.

But let’s suppose you do. Realitone makes another assumption, possibly even more insulting. You see, we believe you’re lazy! (Don’t feel bad, I am, too.) Why fumble around on your keyboard to figure out a bunch of patterns when we’ve already done the work for you? Plus, some of these patterns are original ones that these guys brought in, so you might find some new inspiration.

So how does the Pattern Player work? Well, you could watch the video below, but here are the highlights: You play chords (major, minor, 7th, 9th, 6th, sus4, dim, augmented . . . 14 different chord types for all 12 roots) on the upper octave “green keys,” then Fingerpick automatically plays whatever style pattern you’ve selected (29 to choose from, selectable via keyswitches) in sync with your sequencer. Coolness!

Here’s the best part. We’ve priced Fingerpick at $119, but because y’all are my homies, we’re offering an introductory price of $79. Only 79 bucks! So cheap you’ll probably want to buy two! (That’s just a joke. Don’t buy two. But don’t buy zero, either. Goldilocks says buying one is just right.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO8RTc9 ... e=youtu.be

Sounds great. With the Swing slider is it possible to transform a pattern to, say, a country shuffle?
Ilk

Great write up and vid for a wonderful instrument at Realitone's high level of quality. Congrats!

Well, was that one of the easiest Paypal decisions this year!

Fab instrument, Mike. An inspiration goldmine, irresistibly presented, as always.

Some shuffle patterns would be great, as I. Lehti suggested above…

Congratulations to yet another success! Now, where's that raspy C&W/Roots male voice lib (someone à la The Handsome Family, Far From Any Road)? ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I. Lehti wrote:Sounds great. With the Swing slider is it possible to transform a pattern to, say, a country shuffle?
That's a good question. The slider certainly gives you the shuffle feel on any of the existing patterns, but I can't say whether any of these particular patterns would qualify as authentic Country. I'm not saying they wouldn't, it's just that Country isn't my forte.

We're still adding patterns, though, so it would be great if you could give me a song reference or two, then I can tell my guy, "Play that!" :D

Spitfire31 wrote:Well, was that one of the easiest Paypal decisions this year!

Fab instrument, Mike. An inspiration goldmine, irresistibly presented, as always.

Some shuffle patterns would be great, as I. Lehti suggested above…

Congratulations to yet another success! Now, where's that raspy C&W/Roots male voice lib (someone à la The Handsome Family, Far From Any Road)? ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim
Thanks Joachim! Shuffle patterns will definitely be on their way, and as mentioned to I Lehti, let me know any specific ones you have in mind.

As far as our rootsy male voice goes, I'm tryin', I'm tryin'! :D

Actually I'm stumped for naming a tune but maybe some delta styles like this guy is using in the intro of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj1steSoysg
Could probably achieve these effects with the swing slider anyway.
Ilk

I. Lehti wrote:Actually I'm stumped for naming a tune but maybe some delta styles like this guy is using in the intro of this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj1steSoysg
:love: :hyper:

I have a feeling they would groove better if played, rather than 'swing sliderized'.

/Joachim

I. Lehti wrote:Actually I'm stumped for naming a tune but maybe some delta styles like this guy is using in the intro of this video.
Good stuff! We'll add some like that.
Spitfire31 wrote: I have a feeling they would groove better if played, rather than 'swing sliderized'.
Good point. I think we'll make them as swing, and then the slider would un-swing them. In other words, it would sound correct when the slider is to the right, and moving the slider to the left would be "you get what you get."

Mike Greene wrote:
I. Lehti wrote:Actually I'm stumped for naming a tune but maybe some delta styles like this guy is using in the intro of this video.
Good stuff! We'll add some like that.
Spitfire31 wrote: I have a feeling they would groove better if played, rather than 'swing sliderized'.
Good point. I think we'll make them as swing, and then the slider would un-swing them. In other words, it would sound correct when the slider is to the right, and moving the slider to the left would be "you get what you get."
:tu:
/Joachim

Having started to get acquainted, and enamoured, with Fingerpick, I've been looking for one handy little feature that appears to be hidden or maybe non-existant: a latch function.

I'm spoiled to have a bit of leeway when using the strumming function of, say, RealGuitar and Orange Tree's Evolution series. Basically, the strumming will continue until I momentarily hit another chord, leaving my brain and fingers time to figure out which one. Also, it won't stop if I should fumble and hit an illegal one. ;-)

So, a Latch function of some kind would be most welcome, if feasible.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Sounds really great, Mike!
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

cotton-pickin' fantastic!!

Spitfire31 wrote:Having started to get acquainted, and enamoured, with Fingerpick, I've been looking for one handy little feature that appears to be hidden or maybe non-existant: a latch function.
That's a good idea. A few people have asked for a sustain pedal option for holding the chords, which I'm going to add, but a latch function would probably be cool, too. I'm assuming that a keyswitch is used to cancel the latch, so the can stop it?

Mike Greene wrote:
Spitfire31 wrote:Having started to get acquainted, and enamoured, with Fingerpick, I've been looking for one handy little feature that appears to be hidden or maybe non-existant: a latch function.
That's a good idea. A few people have asked for a sustain pedal option for holding the chords, which I'm going to add, but a latch function would probably be cool, too. I'm assuming that a keyswitch is used to cancel the latch, so the can stop it?
Exactly. That's how it usually works. And since I use a 37 key iRig Pro keyboard when travelling, it would be great if the cancel key wouldn't be too far from the chord keys range… ;-)

Kind regards,

Joachim

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”