Best Nexus2 Hollywood Expansion?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking to buy Nexus2 on a hopeful Black Friday discount, but unsure about the best Hollywood expansion to get with it? Here are the contenders in my mind, as I can only afford one right now, and want it be as all inclusive as possible:

1 - Hollywood (the original XP)
2 - Hollywood 2 Core Library
3 - Hollywood 3 Epic Collection

I realize this question is very subjective, but I was wondering if those who own or are very familiar with the expansions thought one library stood out from the others as being more impressive or particularly useful, or noticeably weaker and full useless of fluff, etc.?

I've listened to all 3 over and over, and they all seem to be very similar - and no clear winner stands-out!?

Thanks!

For the price, you better save your money and buy a real orchestral library.

Go to Eastwest and you can buy right now their Hollywood orchestra (silver edition) around 125$ at some online retailers.

Ryan99 wrote:For the price, you better save your money and buy a real orchestral library.
+1 The hollywood expansion sounds nice in demos but it also sounds just like Nexus. There are a lot of SQ presets which are ready to use and thats what makes them sound "good" at 1st look. These instruments may be good for EDM or HipHop tracks. Compare it to libraries where you'll get dozens of GB samples in all different variations and modes (legato, pizzicato, ...).

Thanks for the insight, Ryan99 and Soundplex. I'm fully aware that I will get much more realistic sounds and variations with a dedicated library, but I'm also trying to balance good sound with quick and relatively easy performance. The demos I've seen of the Nexus2 Hollywood 3 Epic Collection, in particular, look exactly like what I need/want! But, I'm examining other avenues as well, Nexus just caught my attention (I wasn't originally considering new orch sounds).

BTW, Ryan99, do you remember where you saw such a deal on EWQL Silver? Many retailers list this as "No Longer Available", at least in my searches. Thanks again!

EWQL deals are on their website

Wow Ryan99, that seems like a pretty fantastic bargain, for the quality provided! Is there some issue with this PLAY engine? I kind of remember hearing about some controversy over it, but paid no attention at the time, as it didn't affect me.

And thanks nineofkings for the obvious heads-up! I just assumed the best deals would come from their vendors. :)

Their newest version of Play (5) seems to be working great on PC and Mac. For me on PC, no problem.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”