Realitone show off Hip Hop Creator at NAMM

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mike Greene wrote:especially with a genre which tends to take itself very seriously.
i mean you could say the same for the music software retail industry. i've been making "entire track" generators longer than anyone but since i spend most of my time trying to survive instead of developing and the breadth of industry detraction, eg. i never finished the "hiphop" generator i started a dozen years ago, et c.

the detraction you're subjected to here isn't worth the time of day to reply to. these people could use some help, since beating the shit out of other people is like a recreational activity... i don't knwo what kind of perspective in the world needs to do that, but it can't be a happy one, can it.

what would be really great imo is if instead of cutting each other down, we refrain from doing so, even, perhaps, lifting each other up.

in a world where we don't see each other as toilets but instead realise the value in a synergetic culture, my work would have received slightly more recognition and support, and by 2017, there would be *dozens* of "hiphop instant generators" instead of just one that someone is trying to sell to people. this culture "progresses" at a snail's pace, so all these nice peoples kids will have to deal with the same dysfunctional society their parents did and worse.

in the meantime, if you check my post in the "kvr site suggestions" from last year, you'll see i've invited a sort of "developer challenge" for music generators. since you're at NAMM, you aren't likely to be interested in not getting paid, course, with this society, can't blame you for that.

but i still think it would be nice if instead of getting crapped on, you could have a nice talk with dozens of other contributive, erudite individuals all making their own thingies, instead of acting like we're gods pretending to dispense manna on those less fortunate than ourselves. that's what you gotta do if you want to "make it in society". me, i live in poverty, which allows me to tell the truth, and make whatever i want without being so concerned about whether the debris of humanity approves of it or not.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Last edited by Musical Gym on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

xoxos wrote:
Mike Greene wrote:especially with a genre which tends to take itself very seriously.
i mean you could say the same for the music software retail industry. i've been making "entire track" generators longer than anyone but since i spend most of my time trying to survive instead of developing and the breadth of industry detraction, eg. i never finished the "hiphop" generator i started a dozen years ago, et c.

the detraction you're subjected to here isn't worth the time of day to reply to. these people could use some help, since beating the shit out of other people is like a recreational activity... i don't knwo what kind of perspective in the world needs to do that, but it can't be a happy one, can it.

what would be really great imo is if instead of cutting each other down, we refrain from doing so, even, perhaps, lifting each other up.

in a world where we don't see each other as toilets but instead realise the value in a synergetic culture, my work would have received slightly more recognition and support, and by 2017, there would be *dozens* of "hiphop instant generators" instead of just one that someone is trying to sell to people. this culture "progresses" at a snail's pace, so all these nice peoples kids will have to deal with the same dysfunctional society their parents did and worse.

in the meantime, if you check my post in the "kvr site suggestions" from last year, you'll see i've invited a sort of "developer challenge" for music generators. since you're at NAMM, you aren't likely to be interested in not getting paid, course, with this society, can't blame you for that.

but i still think it would be nice if instead of getting crapped on, you could have a nice talk with dozens of other contributive, erudite individuals all making their own thingies, instead of acting like we're gods pretending to dispense manna on those less fortunate than ourselves. that's what you gotta do if you want to "make it in society". me, i live in poverty, which allows me to tell the truth, and make whatever i want without being so concerned about whether the debris of humanity approves of it or not.
I don't know if it's just my Australia Day hangover, but I have absolutely no effing idea what that was all about. :ud:

this is what i'm saying, you have no effing idea what that was all about. free west papua.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

May be cool for a 6 year old or 60 year old who doesn't know what good hip hop drums sound like... but wow, this is just bad.

This announcement came about two months earlier than it should have.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

GMusic wrote:May be cool for a 6 year old or 60 year old who doesn't know what good hip hop drums sound like... but wow, this is just bad.
I think this would be an example of what xoxos was talking about.

FWIW, although I'm a middle aged white guy, I do know a thing or two about hip hop. I've produced many hip hop albums, including a top-40 single, and I have gold and platinum albums on my wall to prove it. To think I can't figure out out how to make a decent hip hop drum sound, and that this collection of drums "is just bad" seems a bit silly to me. But, this is the internet, so . . .

Mike Greene wrote:... and I have gold and platinum albums on my wall ...
I have wallpaper on my wall.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Mike Greene wrote:But, this is the internet, so . . .
So...?

While it's true that the internet allows for a lot of anonymous negativity, I find that no more of a problem than people who write off contradictory opinion as just hatin', trollin', or just the nature of the internet

You could just accept that someone feels your product, or at least what you shown in the demo, doesn't sound so hot. I agree with him. Maybe it's because I still see hip-hop as crate-digging, quirky, low-fi, swing-y etc, and not the tepid, straight, derivative sound that you showed in that youtube video

Your 'pedigree' has nothing to do with it (Really! Don't be THAT guy :tu: )

I would be interested to see you really push this thing, to give a better idea. Thing is, I suspect that it being cookie-cutter in nature, means that it is still going to sound a bit too derivative. If it were a standalone program like Dubturbo, I could see it really hitting a market of guys starting out, looking for a certain sound. But once you get into the world of DAW's and Kontakt (Does it work with player?), I'm suspecting that already pre-supposes a workflow that can do all this without this software.

Of course, I could be wrong :shrug: And, having no awards on my wall (And this being the internet, of course), please feel free to ignore my opinion as trollin', hatin', worthless, or whatever oxxo says :tu:

I don't know if this product is for real or not. I don't know if this video was meant to be taken seriously or not, but I am sure of one thing, anyone who is serious about making Hip Hop would never use this product. Maybe if they called it "Trap Creator", it would be a lot more believable. I know I'm Old School, but to me, nothing in that video demonstration sounded like Hip Hop at all.

This is Hip Hop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_zAokBogIA

jacqueslacouth wrote: I don't know if it's just my Australia Day hangover, but I have absolutely no effing idea what that was all about. :ud:
Don't worry. It isn't the hangover.

no time in the day for the mess this discussion will become really,

but if it saves anyone embarassing themselves with more "i am so informed and discerning" nonsense posts, consider for a moment that which you already know deep in your heart -

a capable rapper flows over *anything*

xoxos wrote:a capable rapper flows over *anything*
And a great singer could sing over anything. That doesn't mean the auto-chord accompaniment on your Bontempi will pass for The Metropole Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgoTWdBVmN8

Well he immediately reveals who the target audience is in his first sentence, so little wonder at the negativity as its already been sown

"hip hop for dummies, any idiot can turn this thing on..."
Amazon: why not use an alternative

In a market becoming increasingly dominated by hipsters who are all icing and no cake, where buying $200 shoes makes you a great basketball player, this product might actually be alright.

It reminds me of Guitar Hero and the like, where anybody with an Xbox can be a rock star. Or Instagram, where anybody with a smartphone can be a professional photographer. Now anybody with a computer can be a hip hop producer. Of course, the "purists" know it's not genuine, but if the user is enjoying their experience? I suppose that's what's important. That, and sales figures, of course.

It seems self-parodying, which may work to its benefit. The demonstrator definitely keeps a sense of humor about it anyway. Of course the "pros" will scoff at this attempt to have technology "replace" them.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”