KORON: Traditional Instruments of Iran. 10gb / 10 Middle Eastern instruments, available now!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to KORON: Traditional Instruments of Iran, our most extensive and largest world instrument library yet! Originally conceived by producer Siavash Mozaffari, this collection will take you on a journey through the rich musical heritage of Iran through 10 deep-sampled instruments (5 melodic, 5 percussive). In total, there are over 17,000 samples across two mic positions, including over 1,200 performances and phrases for your inspiration.

KORON includes the following instruments:
  • Kamanche: Four-stringed bowed instrument thought to be an ancestor of the Western violin
  • Santoor: A type of hammered dulcimer with a haunting and resonant tone
  • Setar: Four-stringed plucked and strummed instrument with a long neck and movable frets
  • Tanbour: An ancient fretted and strummed instrument with three sets of strings
  • Tar: A crucial instrument in Iranian classical music with three sets of two unison strings played by plucking and strumming
  • Bendir: Wooden frame drum with a skin membrane, played with fingers and brushes
  • Daf: Larger Persian frame drum reinforced with metal rings, thought to be a precursor to the tambourine
  • Kuzeh: Unique Iranian instrument constructed from clay with holes that can be opened or closed to create fascinating sounds when struck, similar in some ways to the tone of an Indian tabla
  • Tombak: Goblet-shaped hand drum that is foundational to Persian music with a wide top, great for both bassier tones and treble-heavy rim hits
  • Zarbe Zoorkhaneh: Over 2,000 years old and originally used by knights during fitness workouts, a larger version of the Tombak
Though KORON has more instruments than any world library we've released, it does not skimp on depth - we recorded multiple strings and frets, true legato and glissando articulations (where possible), dozens of drum techniques, etc.

The large pool of performances and phrases can also be used to augment your writing for each instrument, instantly adding character, and can be edited right in the KORON interface.

Whether you are seeking to write traditional and authentic Middle Eastern music OR you are looking to add unique non-Western sounds to your modern productions and scores, KORON will no doubt be a source of great inspiration and creativity.

KEY FEATURES
  • 17,000+ samples / 10gb
  • 10 instruments total
  • 2 mic positions
  • Per-articulation envelope settings
  • All-in-one percussion patch
  • Microtuning support and native authentic scales
  • 9 instruments worth of performances and phrases in multiple tempos, time signatures
  • Built-in easy FX rack
  • Total Articulation Control Technology - TACT
  • Performance patches with easy phrase editor
AUDIO DEMOS

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/sets/dem ... ts-of-iran

VIDEO WALKTHROUGH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd3YgaKSFhE

PRICING / AVAILABILITY

Koron: Traditional Instruments of Iran
is available now for the introductory price of $179 (MSRP: $199) through March 31st. Kontakt 5.5.2 (full version) is required.

Let us know what you think!
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Would you consider selling instruments separately or in smaller packages?

If enough people request it, sure!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

zircon wrote:If enough people request it, sure!
Here :party:

What does Koron mean?
:borg:

It was just a Google away...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koron_(music)

As a devote lover of Persian music, I am very interested.
Yet I do not see a ney.
This is not a very big problem - there is no singer like Mohamadreza Shajarian either, and I a neither Kayhan Kalhor nor Hamid Motebassem - but do you have plans to extend the library?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:As a devote lover of Persian music, I am very interested.
Yet I do not see a ney.
This is not a very big problem - there is no singer like Mohamadreza Shajarian either, and I a neither Kayhan Kalhor nor Hamid Motebassem - but do you have plans to extend the library?
World wind instruments are part of our Ventus series... a Ney is planned :-)

zircon wrote:If enough people request it, sure!
me too

Noted :-)

BTW, new demos have been posted from Henning Nugel and Ian Dorsch! These are hugely creative and mix traditional with modern styles in totally new ways. Check 'em out:

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/koron-th ... ian-dorsch

https://soundcloud.com/isworks/koron-ca ... -live-bass

ErikH wrote:As a devote lover of Persian music, I am very interested.
Yet I do not see a ney.
Hi ErikH

Thanks for the comments. I did the recordings for Koron in Iran. I'm glad that you are a fan of Persian music and know these artists. As much as I would have loved to have Kayhan Kalhor play on this library, he's an international superstar with bigger and better things to do than coming to a studio and play his instrument note for note. It's like releasing a piano VST and having customers complain about why Herbie Hancock was not the one playing the keys for the library. I will assure you that I found the best players money could buy and some of them had played in concerts with the artists whom you mentioned. If there is a big enough demand for the library to expand I would love to expand it.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”