Vivid Kontakt Suite: WE HAVE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED~!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VIVID Kontakt Suite

^ Nice one Matt, thank you for getting deep, didn't think of going right into it.. Tell you what - I'm totally willing to pay you or do something nice in turn if you do find a way to automate this vs doing it manually. I would indeed do it manually after figuring out how to be sure (I think it would mean just putting the bars I'm going to export at the beginning of the timeline in Logic and setting the loop points around it there, not 100% sure yet though need to test on a few DAW's/MAC+PC..).

Thank you for the info re the other instruments that have a preview, there was one bit of code I found that got kinda halfway there but it wasn't enough..
Get All My Free Plugins/Packs/Etc...
>> http://www.toneden.io/lofiradio >> :phones:

Norbz wrote:.....

The MyCode is addressed on the previous page here, it's for you guys if you want to learn KSP - it's your first knob/label and you can take it from there.
Thank you. :)
Norbz wrote:Good to hear everything is going smooth for everyone so far (here and elsewhere..).

The MY CODE is actually for you guys. I know there's hours of footage in the tutorials but I go over it a bit.. For those trying to understand at least the basics of KSP since I'm leaving it all open, it's your first knob/label, naked, and you can learn it up to that point and keep going if you vibe with the learning curve like I did.

Looking at it from a new users POV, yeah it probably looks funny and like it doesn't belong... :).

Cheers!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

OK so I built a little C program that reads MIDI files and moves all the events so everything starts at 0 and ran it against all the Vivid MIDI files. It makes them much more usable, but I'd keep the originals around. Never can tell what this kind of automated processing will do. Zip is on my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6PJ_ ... nkycVl6a28

Just replace the midifiles directory inside VIVID\Resources with this one (rename the old one to keep it)

There are 3 MIDI files that have multiple tracks. They have been "moved" so the first track starts at 0 and the other tracks keep their place relative to that, but I'm not 100% sure what exactly these tracks are supposed to be (they are kind of strangely setup). You might want to look at them and hand-edit them. They are:

VIVID\Resources\midifiles\5-LEADERS\FROM-COMPOSITIONS\TRAPVOX2-GLIDETHIS.mid has 6 tracks
VIVID\Resources\midifiles\1-FULL-COMPOSITIONS\132-SLAMHOUSE\TRAPVOX2-GLIDETHIS.mid has 6 tracks
VIVID\Resources\midifiles\3-CHORDS\FREESTYLED\ORCH-STABS.mid has 11 tracks

The code is supposed to keep blank space at the end (it moves everything so the start is at the first note) but to be honest I'm not sure that's working, many of the files don't seem to be/end on full measures, (so making them loop may be an issue). But this does seem a lot more usable.
-Matt

thanks!

msorrels wrote:OK so I built a little C program that reads MIDI files and moves all the events so everything starts at 0 and ran it against all the Vivid MIDI files. It makes them much more usable, but I'd keep the originals around. Never can tell what this kind of automated processing will do. Zip is on my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6PJ_ ... nkycVl6a28

Just replace the midifiles directory inside VIVID\Resources with this one (rename the old one to keep it)

There are 3 MIDI files that have multiple tracks. They have been "moved" so the first track starts at 0 and the other tracks keep their place relative to that, but I'm not 100% sure what exactly these tracks are supposed to be (they are kind of strangely setup). You might want to look at them and hand-edit them. They are:

VIVID\Resources\midifiles\5-LEADERS\FROM-COMPOSITIONS\TRAPVOX2-GLIDETHIS.mid has 6 tracks
VIVID\Resources\midifiles\1-FULL-COMPOSITIONS\132-SLAMHOUSE\TRAPVOX2-GLIDETHIS.mid has 6 tracks
VIVID\Resources\midifiles\3-CHORDS\FREESTYLED\ORCH-STABS.mid has 11 tracks

The code is supposed to keep blank space at the end (it moves everything so the start is at the first note) but to be honest I'm not sure that's working, many of the files don't seem to be/end on full measures, (so making them loop may be an issue). But this does seem a lot more usable.
Wow,

How can I thank you for doing this? Do you have an online store/do you sell anything?

I'm very grateful and appreciate you for taking time out of your day to help me!

Norbz wrote: Wow,

How can I thank you for doing this? Do you have an online store/do you sell anything?

I'm very grateful and appreciate you for taking time out of your day to help me!
It's cool, it wasn't really that much work. I had been looking for an excuse to try that midifile library and this was as good as any. 50 lines of code and I had a little command line tool. Sadly the weather was much nicer and I ended up having to mow the yard too.

I also created a second command line tool to add the BPM to the file names, but I'm not sure you really want those (if you do, I can share them, let me know) . I have a large collection of MIDI loops that I have been thinking about how to get their tempo. I'm not sure this is the answer for that though, I don't like how the file names get changed. I'm thinking I need something else to solve that problem (see the tempo of a MIDI file). Maybe an extension to the file browser I use (XYplorer) would make it possible to have it show the tempo. Or perhaps a windows file explorer extension. Not sure. Have to think about it some more.

Thanks for giving out Vivid to the older VSTi purchasers, I love Kontakt libraries, so this was a very generous bonus. Good luck with the release.
-Matt

Thank you again Matt!!

I hope the yard looks good!

I'll try to play with these first and hopefully others are seeing this and can verify that they are working fine in their DAW's. Re the BPM - if it's not much to do it then sure I'll take those too and try to do a comparison to be sure they are working as intended however it's ok if you can't - again I really appreciate this and if there is anything I can do for you please don't be shy :).

Here's the version where all the files are renamed with BPM at the end of the file names. Might be useful for you (or anyone).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6PJ_ ... HRxWWg2bzg

I did figure out how to get BPM in XYplorer using a Custom Column and the code I wrote to extract the BPM, but it's kind of slow. Can't actively browse directories with it, have to use it by clicking on a file in the explorer. Still it's a nice solution for my browsing random MIDI files. SONAR doesn't have anyway to see the BPM and when you drag and drop a MIDI file it loses the tempo.
-Matt

Again, thank you :)

You are good peoples and may karma continue to bless ya~!

Going to play with them a bit, and replace the install file.

Hi Norbz.

Got my link. :hyper:

Download was quick enough. Installation was painless. :D

I had about 15 minutes to go through the modules and play with some of the sounds this morning. I think there is something in here for everyone! :clap:

Thanks a ton! :hug:

BBC

808-3.mid from full compositions/120 jacked is not trimmed; first 32 bars are empty. I installed the updated midi files.
I only loaded 3 midis so far, so I don't know if there are others that need checking.

Edit: Is it not supposed to be trimmed since it's a component of a full composition that only plays beginning at bar 33?

All the files I processed have the BPM at the end of the file name, so a file named 808-3.mid would be one of the originals. The processed version should be called 808-3_120bpm.mid

When I checked the midifiles update download it had the right version. The original download version starts at measure 33, the new one starts at measure 1.

Because the new files all have different file names, if you just copied them over the old ones you will have both. You should delete and re-extract the new ones.
-Matt

thanks Matt, works now

Anybody recently bought this. No posts since middle of last year anywhere on the net, any users experience good or bad?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”