Vivid Kontakt Suite: WE HAVE OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED~!

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VIVID Kontakt Suite

I've been watching the vids and learning quite a bit. I don't think I'll be able to fully appreciate all it has to offer until I finally get some hands on. I think it was a good idea to delay pre-orders until you got the tutorials/demo videos out. Great work.

^ Thank you kindly!

On that note: We have officially launched.

I am starting to email the winners with their links now and will update this again once everyone has theirs, theirs should be done within the next few hours.

The website now reads $99.97 however if you click the buy button the checkout will still be at $79 until 8:00pmEST or shortly after for the last minute folks (you have 3.5hrs) that want to save a few bucks.

Grab it at: http://www.dubturbo.com/vivid-index.php
Get All My Free Plugins/Packs/Etc...
>> http://www.toneden.io/lofiradio >> :phones:

meant to send pm
post deleted

Excited to check this out, it looks awesome and great work on the tutorials!

Thanks guys,

OK ALL WINNERS HAVE BEEN PM'd AND EMAILED WITH YOUR MEMBERS AREA - GO GRAB VIVID~!

If you didn't get an email or I missed you in the PM accidentally:

----
Simply go to: http://www.dubturbo.com/vivid-members/index.php

And you’ll login with your email as your username, and the first part of your email before the @ symbol as your password.

So if you are john@gmail.com, the login would be:

EMAIL ADDRESS: john@gmail.com
PASSWORD: john
----

Any demos you guys do please post them right here (soundcloud/youtube) and I'll host them on the site - you get some plays/views and I get to show people user made stuff (which I like a lot when browsing new tools/stuff I'm thinking of getting..).

Also curious how long this takes to download for most of you. 2.5 gigs, most are doing it in 10min which is awesome for me.

Anyway, back to the server for a bit to fix up little stuff. Thank you all again and I hope you winners enjoy your good VIVID karma :)

Just got my link - thanks Norbz!

Download speed was at my local maximum of 50Mbit :tu:

In the A-VIVID-1MAIN.nki there is a tab called MY CODE with a button called MyKnob/Label - is that maybe some leftover from experimenting? (I loaded B-MIXEDx3).

Installation was simple, will watch some tutorials now...

Great work from what I heard so far.

Thanks again and cheers!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Good to hear everything is going smooth for everyone so far (here and elsewhere..).

The MY CODE is actually for you guys. I know there's hours of footage in the tutorials but I go over it a bit.. For those trying to understand at least the basics of KSP since I'm leaving it all open, it's your first knob/label, naked, and you can learn it up to that point and keep going if you vibe with the learning curve like I did.

Looking at it from a new users POV, yeah it probably looks funny and like it doesn't belong... :).

Cheers!

Also downloaded and installed -- fast download and works fine. Thanks your time and effort developing this library, and for keeping the KSP open and providing a sample knob/label - great idea should one want to extend the library. Off to give it a try...

Got the PM, the emai, and the download.

Took about 20 mins to download.
Installation went fine.

And it's not even my birthday...w00t!
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

I got unexpected end of data error during extraction. Will redownload in case I only got partial file. Size I have for zip is 2290688 kb. Redownload speed tonight is about 1 mb faster, around 2.5.
Edit: Second try is 2673710 kb; I think I got it all this time.
Installed and loaded fine. Started playing with first D-EDM patch and am still on it exploring all the great samples across my 88 key controller; very cool. Just realized there are many samples out of range of my controller on both ends which is great; either set in piano roll or transpose controller for those.
Last edited by Musical Gym on Sat May 06, 2017 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

No Account
Email problems

Sent some PMs
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Norbz wrote:Good to hear everything is going smooth for everyone so far (here and elsewhere..).

The MY CODE is actually for you guys. I know there's hours of footage in the tutorials but I go over it a bit.. For those trying to understand at least the basics of KSP since I'm leaving it all open, it's your first knob/label, naked, and you can learn it up to that point and keep going if you vibe with the learning curve like I did.

Looking at it from a new users POV, yeah it probably looks funny and like it doesn't belong... :).

Cheers!
Ha - okay, I didn't get that far with the tutorials yet :-)

Thanks Norbz!

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Download speed was fast, library seems fun. kinda reminds me of the emu planet phat series.

great for urban styles, need to dig in more but so far it's cool :-)

Hi Norbz,

first big thanks for having the opportunity trying this big thing out :hug:

Download and "install" (unpacking) works like charm, no problem.

Now first experience. I must admit I took a track I already started yesterday with completely different kind of music style then your main target group, an 80 BPM kind of ambient/chill out/soundscape but with some rock rhyhtm kind of stuff. I used Infindibulum and beat knitter for generating (two other brand new libs flying round here in the forum actually :hihi:) so it is kind of a "acid test" for useability on normal/conventional stuff not starting with D.... or H.... or ...U or whatever :lol: .

I promise I will make a new song later with the included midi files (really curious about the midi pattern builder) that of course will be more in the targeted group of users.

Back to first experience: system is win 64 with waveform (former Tracktion) 64 bit version 8.1. CPU is no problem with the few instances I use so far but I have to crashes loading instruments for the first time (after restarting it runs without problem) I would refer to high ram load while loading (aobut 6 form 8 GB ram is occupied by actually 6 instances of vivid).

To the included sounds: sound quality over all is great. What I love most is the great surface with the easy to find AND easy to use effects and modulation. Effects all very instantly useable (love the formant thing), great the included presets for the lfo modulation, that is really, really fun and easy to play with :D .

Now to the "not included sounds" :ud: and first wish for an update: the sounds in the former different vsti versions had lot more "conventional" stuff ("normal" kind of accustic drum kit, electric bass guitar) which I would need for that kind of sound I am trying to reproduce at the moment.

And now the most missed: the great sounds of the atmosfire (sigh...., bring it back to vivid dont let them get lost forever, please...) :pray:

Even the conductor I would think is missing some great sounds from the (not official released) orkestra vsti, these were so instanly useful, another wish for addition.

But I think will be no technical problem, just add some banks in the respective modules.

Of course it depends on which final target market you will concentrate and I see the file size of course increasing with more samples that might be of no interest to most of the users.

Only "downer" :hihi: in the effects section: when I see the "R" underneath the presets I hoped it stands for "Random" but was just reset, so if there could be a random function added at this point for modulation....

So, thats for a first impression from a "marginal group user":

Great surface with easy to use effects/modulation :tu:, great overall soundquality :tu: and maybe something to add for an old ambient/soundscape/conventional fart like me :party:

I second tatanka's perspective. Similar old ambient/soundscape fart here. Meanwhile, downloaded just fine in 20 minutes.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”