Lunaris, Pads Instrument by Luftrum.

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear Friends.

It's about time I reveal some information about Lunaris.

The past seven months I have been locked inside my sound cave, crafting this pad instrument titled Lunaris. I think I got some 500 emails back and forth with the GUI designer, the scripter, Native Instruments and the many sound designers involved around this - but now it's almost here, it’s done, encoded, tested, bugs are eliminated, it's sounding great and running smooth! The user interface is created by Koke Gómez (the guy behind some of Tarilonte's interfaces) and the programming is done by the otherworldly scripting oracle Mario Krušelj. Concept, idea and sampling are all credit myself.

Lunaris is a 4-layered instrument containing over 250 pad presets from classic analog pads to lush ambient pads, deep pads, cinematic pads and any pad in between, including 30 original Luftrum pads from the Prophet-6. Lunaris also contains sequenced pads from underscoring elements to more contemporary rhythmic patterns plus a selection of dark, avantgarde and obscure pads. The 240+ presets are created by world-class sound designers as Arksun, Bigtone, Himalaya, Luftrum, Martin Walker, Adam Pietruszko, Twolegs Toneworks and Brandon Clark.

Lunaris is licensed to and powered by the free Kontakt Player so the full version of Kontakt is not required. It will run without limits in the free Kontakt Player and can be loaded directly in your DAW as with any other plugin. No additional purchase required. Well, you need a DAW to host it so that's sort of required (...and a computer to host the DAW, aaand electricity to power the computer, but other than that!)

At the heart of Lunaris are more than 200 NKI instruments of multisampled pads, field recordings, synth transients and soundscapes to mix, sculpt and shape into the perfect pad structure. The sound sources alone, can be combined in over 416 million combinations. Not only is Lunaris a dream pad machine, it is also a full bodied creative tool that can excel at anything from soundscapes to synth leads, as well as drones and organic textures, complementing both the producer, composer and the sound designer.

Lunaris is NKS ready and designed for use with Komplete Kontrol keyboards. All essential parameters and values are loaded into the display and grouped into intuitive pages - so you can edit the main controls of Lunaris directly on the hardware.

Lunaris is available on luftrum.com for $159 enter lunariskvr in the promo field during checkout for $20 off the current price. Below are the first two vids of Lunaris. The first is mostly my own presets, the second contains presets from some of the other SD's involved.

Any questions, let me know.

Peace and out,

Luftrum
http://www.luftrum.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lvEPTy9o8g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5jRCSfDVT0
Last edited by Luftrum on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Sound great! Although I already have more pads than I could possibly ever use in a lifetime, I might just have to pick this up anyway. :)

Looks and sounds great, plus it has the involvement of a number of top notch sound designers.

I'd possibly quibble a little about the imho slightly high (full) price, but this product offers some wonderful sounds and Luftrum has been exceptionally generous on some of his other sound products I've bought previously.
Also, he always offers great and friendly customer support, so I'm happy to buy it at the stated price (and also it has a discount for a while).

Excellent effort Luftrum - I hope it sells well :tu:

Sounds beautiful!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

It's great to read..both on there and in the email I received today..that this is at long last going to go on sale. I've been really looking forward to it since I first found out about it..it's simply the release of the year for me, personally. Been a big fan of Luftrum's work from the old Alchemy days..and it's great to see the work of Himalaya included in this, as I'm also a huge fan of his work, too.

While I know the price is a lot to some..and, obviously, it would have been nice if the price was a little lower..I think the full asking price is totally justified, given the quality of sounds and the work in general that's gone into the production of this..all of which must have cost a small fortune in both time and money.

That said, it's not like I have the money to throw around, so i have to be a bit "picky" about what I spend it on, in order to hopefully get the best value for the cash I do have..and I know for a fact I've paid more for less in the past, so I honestly don't have any second thoughts about splashing out on this. I put it up there with the likes of Omnisphere or even NI's Kontakt itself, for the quality of its sounds and the fact I know it's going to be used on every track I produce. (What can I say?..I'm a Pad guy! :wink: )

In short, it's one tool I know I "must" have, regardless of how much it costs..and I don;t usually say that about many programs / libraries that come along..but this is one of those rare times when you just know what you're being offered is going to remain fresh and useful for a long time to come.

Thanks and congrats to all involved..rush on launch day! :tu:
Ambient Mechanics

Thanks for the kind words quantum7, dark water, ATN69 and Solaris65.

I have just added Bigtone to the list of sound designers contributing with presets to Lunaris, and the preset count has now reached 250 in total, but the presets alone doesn't make up the library - the sampled content does too, the ability to layer and sculpt your own pads from the more than 200 sound sources available is also what makes Lunaris shine.

I'm in dialogue with NI's QA at the moment and release is still getting closer and I am still aiming for mid July. :)
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Waiting for the in-depth videos. :love:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Luftrum wrote:Thanks for the kind words quantum7, dark water, ATN69 and Solaris65.

I have just added Bigtone to the list of sound designers contributing with presets to Lunaris, and the preset count has now reached 250 in total, but the presets alone doesn't make up the library - the sampled content does too, the ability to layer and sculpt your own pads from the more than 200 sound sources available is also what makes Lunaris shine.

I'm in dialogue with NI's QA at the moment and release is still getting closer and I am still aiming for mid July. :)

Bigtone as well? Man, this just keeps getting better and better with each update! :D

Seriously, thanks for putting this together..really looking forward to utilizing it on coming future projects..can hardly wait. It's my birthday on the 19th of July and I'm already dropping hints to the wife. :wink:
Ambient Mechanics

This is the second vid in a series of three that will cover the sounds and features of Lunaris. In this vid I go through the user interface and the functions of Lunaris such as the Random, Timestop, Filter Split and Flux Motion.

I am keeping my release date and Lunaris will be out this Friday, July 14. :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUCxKGfVS-0
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Just seen it is released on rekkerd.org and available on luftrum shop.

But: no intro offer :cry: :cry: :cry:

tatanka, I received an announcement email with an intro offer, not sure if that's because I'm on his distribution or because I own some of his other products. Out of respect to Luftrum I won't share details on a public forum, I'll leave that to Luftrum to advise availability to KVR.
From the demos, this sounds a glorious sounding set, really superb, but I'm going to pass (unfortunately), it's a tad too rich in my current circumstances - though to be honest, I can think of many other average products I have effectively wasted money on in comparison - hey ho! :dog:

Yes, sorry for not posting here before now! Lunaris is out today and of course I have an intro offer - just enter lunariskvr in the promo field during checkout for $20 off the current price. The intro discount is valid until July 24. Enjoy!

http://www.luftrum.com/lunaris/
Luftrum
Sound Designer

Congrats on the release!

Will definitely be picking this up (but might miss the intro).

elxsound wrote:Congrats on the release!

Will definitely be picking this up (but might miss the intro).
Contact me via email Josiah, I got a special serial number and a free copy of Lunaris with your name on, just waiting to be send to you - and you know why. :)
Luftrum
Sound Designer

This one is absolutely amazing as I thought when I read about it first :o.

I am no sound designer at all, usually mostly depending on presets, but his one make creating own modulating, evolving pads, soundscapes and athmospheres just a breaze :D .

Hit the random button, use the filter split to make the overall sound out of these brilliant, clear soundsources even more differenciated, give it that extra with the flux motion and youre done.

Just playing around with it in an existing song for a few hours and already have 2 new snapshots better then evrything I have done before in this area :D

Its all where it should be and easy to use, solo buttons to audition which combinations you want to hear, clear buttons of WHAT you are editing at the moment, sounds easy but so many libs proove that it seems to be NOT that easy ( :tu: for graphic and scripting).

Only thing that falls a little apart form the rest (but maybe cause its not on focus of this) is the sequencer. I did not found a button/key combination for simple reset/turn off. And the bar had been set up in this area very high lately so it really falls a little apart from the rest.

And some kind of (petty) request come to my mind with the sequencer but maybe would sense with other parts too for some noobs like me: a few presets fo load to get an idea whats possible always appreciated :oops:

Just for to add some simple rhythm/pulse to one of the soundsets to even give it a little more live this would be great for some future update.

Sigh....feared that even before I bought...what should I do with all my other pad/athmosphere/soundscape libs.... :lol:

And to make things clear: even with my wailing about the sequencer it is still a 11 when count goes to 10 (maybe even a 11 + :lol: )
Last edited by tatanka on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”