magix independence pro software suite worth the valentines sale ?

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have sample workstations galore (sampletank, kontakt....) but was thinking about the magix independence pro software suite in the actual valentines deal (40 % off) not because of included sample instruments (so only the smallest version) but in case of the included fx (origami reverb for example) and the possibility to load vst/vsti into it, so just for general workflow enhancement.

To use it as multi fx for example or just for combining vsti/vst/fx and save/reload the presets easy. In know it is no nice gui and would need some time to dive into it I suppose but in general it does not sound bad (I had the free version some years ago and worked with some magix products).

Anyone made any experiences in this directin, worth it ?

Origami is nice as a convolution reverb. The sample library is pretty good. But this is software that hasn't seen an update since 2013 – the version in Best Service's Engine is actually newer to the point that you can't open recent Engine libraries in Independence Pro. (I haven't tried this often, but Galaxy-X won't load, for example.)

I haven't tried it for multi-FX hosting. To be honest, I'd rather use something like Bidule or Blue-Cat's Patchwork as these get active development so, if plugins throw up compatibility problems, they will get fixed quickly.

I got Independence when Yellow Tools did their final blowout offer. I'd probably not consider it now if I didn't have it unless there was a sign of future development. Although there is a chance Magix might restart active development, at the moment it seems to be going the way of Gigastudio. However, even though there have been numerous OS X releases since 3.2 went out, it's still running and stable enough. So, on a PC, it should stay running for a while.

Hi Gamm-UT,

thanks a lot for the info, that clears it for me :-).

Loading the best service libs I already have was one thing I had in mind, so if the only "update" is to block this....

And I have freestyle already as main "patch-bay" which is actively develloped too. So only for the origami wont be worth it I would think.

I used to own it in the late 'we don't respond anymore' phase of yellow tools. There were a few instruments which I loved. They had great character. Plus a lot of filler presets I didn't care for at all. So don't get wowed by the size of the library.

I got it running for the recording of one song on OS X, but immediately after initial completion, It just stopped working because it somehow unregistered itself. And in trying unsuccessfully to restore it, it spent all c/r slots on my one machine. Always telling me it was now registered and after a restart being unregistered again. I've never in my life been as angry at anything or anyone.

And they guys wouldn't reply to any mails anymore so I never got it running again and sold it. That license transfer went well thanks to the professional Magix support who took over nine months later.

While I was using it, it had serious issues with automation and would crash at least once every day, usually more often. It would also have bursts of white noise at full volume before crashing so that was always fun.

The FX which I had high hopes for weren't impressive at all.

So I hope Magix have improved the installation and registration when they introduced their own copy protection. And if they fixed the issues I encountered, it's probably a decent sampler now.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

The Magix authorisation is a lot better than under Yellow Tools' C/R system. Then again, it would be hard to find anything worse than Yellow Tools' system.

I was in contact with MAGIX support in the fall of 17. They told me that they no longer support Independence. That said the Independence libraries can be loaded in Engine2 a free player that can be downloaded from "Best Service". While Independence is running fine here on Win 10 64, when it fails you would lose Independence Live and FX (FX is the Origami vst).

I actually like the libraries and have been a long time user but not sure if I would make that purchase today.

Thank you all for your replies,

it really makes things clearer for me. I just have used the engine as free player with a few best service libraries I have (and all the great demoes just again available) and just thought, well, with an updated "professional" version and some additional fx, might be worth it....

I really dont get why magix bought this stuff when they have no intention to devellop it anymore...

I vaguely remember getting something from humble bundle and being underwhelmed. I just logged onto my account and couldn't find whatever it was I got and no way to redownload. That didn't impress me much either. Likely avoid.

Hmm, is this another EU only sale? I cant find anything about it anywhere. I wouldn't mind
getting the (unlocked)VST version during a good sale.

Regarding the humble bundle, all that stuff should be listed in your account, unless you didn't claim it and
don't have the original email. That would make it the buyers fault, although I'm sure they would help you out.

-Cheers

It came with a 30 dollar credit or something like that and I was hoping I could find what instrument pack(s) I got with that credit and if it would work with another DAW. Mostly so I could remember what I thought of it. Probably if I reinstalled the Magix DAW and went through that I could find it. It's just not worth the hassle to me. Lets be honest I've spent too much and have KU11, a bit from Berlin and some other decent stuff. Way more than I need and this stuff isn't gonna compete with that.

pekbro wrote:Hmm, is this another EU only sale? I cant find anything about it anywhere. I wouldn't mind
getting the (unlocked)VST version during a good sale.
Needs a coupon code: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p7008523

@Gamma-UT

Thanks, although I wound up buying Acid Pro 7-8 ($89) with it for some reason. Nostalgic GAS I suppose.

I've had Independence Pro since Yellow Tools and can say that Magix have defently improved the authorization and bug fixes. Never had a crash on my system since then.
Inde Pro still has alot to offer, great effects and sample library. Still use it today.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”