SJ Orchestral soundfont (70MB) available

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kriminal wrote: I refistered, but cant log in, after several attempts got tired of waiting too :roll:
Want my login?
I'm serious, I'd have no problems with sharing it.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Thanks, Garret and Kriminal, I've been looking for a good library to install on Kontakt and VSampler, maybe Orion....can't remember offhand if the sampler can read SF2 files, ditto with other studio-in-a-box samplers.

You've saved me a ton of time!

Regards,
Bruce
Reviews http://www.musicfaq.net
Selected tracks from new album TRAUMA :
http://netnewmusic.ning.com/profile/BSatinover

x_bruce wrote:Thanks, Garret and Kriminal, I've been looking for a good library to install on Kontakt and VSampler, maybe Orion....can't remember offhand if the sampler can read SF2 files, ditto with other studio-in-a-box samplers.

You've saved me a ton of time!

Regards,
Bruce
The Sampler in Orion can, if thats what you mean.

The link for my site is dead now, i had to take it down after a few weeks due to bandwidth probs, but i think it was up long enough for most ppl to get it :wink:

Sascha, i finally got in just now, but thanks :)

downloaded dxs super orchestra from sf2midi.com at this address:

http://www.sf2midi.com/getfile65316894. ... 05c7462915

problem with zip file. tried twice, but no luck. anybody manage to unzip it?

- tucker

DL and unzipped fine here, but havent tried it yet.

Kriminal wrote:DL and unzipped fine here, but havent tried it yet.
Same here, unzipped just fine.
Sound is very nice, but unfortunately loop points aren't. No clicks but you can hear things swelling up and down, which is no good thing for held notes.

Sascha Franck wrote: Same here, unzipped just fine.
Sound is very nice, but unfortunately loop points aren't. No clicks but you can hear things swelling up and down, which is no good thing for held notes.
Ditto on that. Program 4 was the only one I kinda liked, but the loop points do make it unusable for drawn out stuff and it sounds too keyboardy with short staccato notes.

Squidfont is my go to for strings, but I think GPO is on my christmas list this year.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

freeztar wrote: Squidfont is my go to for strings, but I think GPO is on my christmas list this year.
What's Squidfont?
Apart from that, GPO is something pretty high on my purchase list as well. But I'd guess Kick Arse Brass is even more important for me (while there's some useable free string patches, all brasses seem to suck big time, at least everything big-band style).

guys,

Im at college right now but when I get home, I'll find my best string sf2's and all are free and not copyright etc... The super orch strings I have do have good loop points and is beautiful, kind of like what youd make for very pretty vibrato-ish smooth strings... Come to think of it, I think they were old tracker strings that were in .xi format changed to .sf2.... Im not sure, they might be a BIT out of tune, too... But I will surely post here when I get home :)

I was afraid to sign up to midisf2 is it going to spam me? Maybe I should just sign up my yahoo email acct or something to be safe :)

RonC

rpc9943 wrote: I was afraid to sign up to midisf2 is it going to spam me? Maybe I should just sign up my yahoo email acct or something to be safe :)
Just enter ANY information (I shouldn't spread such news, but you don't even need a valid eMail adress) and it'll work. So getting spammed is no option. Just remember the login info and you're all set.

Sascha Franck wrote: What's Squidfont?
Apart from that, GPO is something pretty high on my purchase list as well. But I'd guess Kick Arse Brass is even more important for me (while there's some useable free string patches, all brasses seem to suck big time, at least everything big-band style).
Hmmm...I'll have to check out that Kick Arse Brass...I've been looking for some AT LEAST decent soft brass for a while. Never heard of this, so off I go to google.

Squidfont is great...for a free sf2. There are 47 different programs. Just like most other free products, it is hit or miss. It does really well on legato and pizzicato strings but it also includes several horns that sound... :roll:
This is where I got it from.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

freeztar wrote: Hmmm...I'll have to check out that Kick Arse Brass...I've been looking for some AT LEAST decent soft brass for a while. Never heard of this, so off I go to google.
Oh, it's Kick ASS rather...
http://www.samples4.com/catalog/
Thanks, will check!

ok im home now... weird i cant get those strings to unzip proper either... weird

RonC

wait i got it to work... and, well it looks like they've beat me. Its like a better version of what I had. WOW. Sorry guys to lead you on. I'm going to mass download all sf2's from sf2midi now ;)

RonC

rpc9943 wrote: I'm going to mass download all sf2's from sf2midi now ;)
Quite some task. At least sorting them out that is.
As usual, 70+ percent total crap, 20+ percent mediocre, the rest being OK.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”