8DIO - My experience

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

topaz wrote:Cellos , programm a fast 16th ostinato.
By the way it’s acknowledged by 8DIO. I made a YouTube video to demonstrate.
Do you have a link to this video, am curious as to how badly it sounds

mcbpete wrote:
I am too.
As I really never noticed it....and I also have (but don't' use Hollywood Strings)
rsp
sound sculptist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQT-39fSN6o
mcbpete wrote:

Thanks @topaz.

I can hear it. Let me try to reproduce it on my system.
did Tyler leave the chat without even responding?
damn.

rsp
sound sculptist

kind off, he basically spun me some kind of nonsense cop out.
zvenx wrote:Thanks @topaz.

damn.

rsp

I totally hear it - It's like it's not quite getting samples in time almost randomly. Does the same thing happen on the export / freeze&flatten ?

I didn't actually try that.

now you do jog my memory though. 8DIO support told me to render and nudge notes to the grid.

speaks volumes that.
mcbpete wrote:I totally hear it - It's like it's not quite getting samples in time almost randomly. Does the same thing happen on the export / freeze&flatten ?

topaz wrote:kind off, he basically spun me some kind of nonsense cop out.

damn.

rsp
I tried it with this library and one form Spitfire, one for AudioBros and one from Cinematic Studio Series, only this one has that issue..
really never noticed it before.
sorry
rsp
sound sculptist

A little advise, what defines an instrument is those little noises artifacts and nuances, without them it would just sound robotic, lifeless and artificial...

If you are looking for a sloppy out of time sounding string library, fill yer boots.

Noise artifacts fine. sloppy timing & unedited samples not.
phreaque wrote:A little advise, what defines an instrument is those little noises artifacts and nuances, without them it would just sound robotic, lifeless and artificial...
Last edited by topaz on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phreaque wrote:A little advise, what defines an instrument is those little noises artifacts and nuances, without them it would just sound robotic, lifeless and artificial...
Absolutely, though in that Youtube example that topaz posted it came across more like one of the performers had the hiccups whilst performing

topaz wrote:If you are looking for a sloppy out of time sounding string library, fill yer boots.

I've been saying this for a long time (since their methods/problems are the same since Tonehammer days).

I stopped mentioning after getting attacked for brining it up.

topaz wrote:If you are looking for a sloppy out of time sounding string library, fill yer boots.

You're right, if it's about rhythmic timing surely it sucks. Btw, have you tried to simulate that issue in Kontakt standalone being fed by external sequencer? or virtual midi cable? It could be some plugin buffering size compatibility setting issue that occurs when using Ableton.

Yeah the buffering and/or PDC and/or some-kind-of-latency-for-whatever-reason was why I was curious as to whether it manifests itself when rendered out.

topaz wrote:kind off, he basically spun me some kind of nonsense cop out.

damn.

rsp
Did you ask for any kind of solution or compensation? Just curious, cause that was the point where we hit a rock wall in my case. Zero solutions policy...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”