Suggestions for Replacing Rapture (Pro)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Guys,

I have a ton of content in Rapture that I'd like to convert over to a new synth/sampler engine. Anyone want to share their suggestions?

Ideally it would be:
- Cross Platform Win/OS X
- Loads Multisamples, velocity, keymapping
- Synthesis engine of sometype
- Ability to layer both synth and samples
- Decent effects and modulation

I always thought Alchemy the closest thing to Rapture, but you know how that goes :dog: ... Should I just go with Kontakt?

Hope you are all having a great summer if you're in the northern hemisphere. :party:

Thanks!

By "content" I assume you me samples, not synth presets. If it's synth presets, then you're out of luck. No other synth will load and use those - you probably don't need to be told this.

If it's sample content you want to port over to the new instrument, then it's likely to be SFZ files (commonly used with Dimension and later Rapture Pro) and not plain-old WAV files. HALion 6 checks all the items on your requirements list, but does not import SFZ data. Falcon, likewise, checks all the items, but I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) it does not import SFZ. If you have WAV files, either instrument will do the job.

Falcon DOES import sfz's, with some limitations (but of course is a monster with them once in).

Rapture is pretty unique, tho... I'd just keep using it for as long as it works :)

David wrote:Falcon DOES import sfz's, with some limitations (but of course is a monster with them once in).
Falcon was my first thought too.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

EvilDragon wrote:Rapture is pretty unique, tho... I'd just keep using it for as long as it works :)
Agreed, it's my fav sfz "player" even with Falcon on hand. Feels kinda toy-like in this day and age (I just picked it up at a heavy discount a few months ago), but sounds marvelous, and easy to use.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

The replacement doesn't need to import .sfz, that is just a bonus.

When I want to play with stuff, I mix up Sforzando with MUX. It's damn flexible.

Chad@PA wrote:Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies.

The replacement doesn't need to import .sfz, that is just a bonus.
I just remembered that Synthmaster probably checks all the items on your list as well. Plus it's way less expensive than HALion 6 and Falcon. It does do SFZ, I believe, but I don't know how well - I've used Synthmaster but I don't recall ever trying its SFZ capability.

SynthMaster 2 works well with single sampled SFZ/WAV files. Have not tested it with multi-sampled SFZ/WAV files. You may or may not run into problems with looped WAV files. But if you do, it is easy to fix.

I think the big three you should be looking at is Falcon 3, Kontakt 5 or Halion 6.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”