Kontakt 6 new features

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently got into instrument building in Kontakt 5.

With the update to 6, there is this new feature for builders and I am curious to know what others think of it.

The Creator Tools standalone app looks promising. Any thoughts?

What I am most interested in is the applications of the wavetable module. What kind of instrument would use it and to which advantage.

Creator Tools is quite useful for debugging scripts as you can see many more lines at once than meager single line at the bottom in stock Kontakt. And instrument editor, while not being able to change each and every little part of the NKI, is great when you need to deal with a large number of groups and zones, if you want to change the order of groups, map thousands of samples in a certain scheme, all by using Lua scripts.

Aaah, hello my fellow Reaper user. I've been seeing your posts on Reaper, NI, KVR and also VI Control forums for some time. You are certainly involved and I appreciate your input.

So will creator tools be available to everyone for any version (not really part of the V6 update, just a new app?)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

CT will only work with K6 (particularly the instrument editor part), but should be available to everyone AFAICT.

EDIT: You can still do debugging for K5 instruments, but gotta do it from K6.

Maybe this will convince me finally to learn lua scripting properly. (Or not, bash and sfz have got me a long way so far... Mapping samples for Kontakt has, though, been a huge barrier to my doing it, as it's such a ****ing nightmarre.)

Is there a compelling reason for a non-library-building user who primarily uses Kontakt 5.8 for buying/using 3rd party libraries, Output stuff, etc to upgrade to version 6? I see they added 3 new instruments (Analog Dreams, Ethereal Earth, and Hybrid Keys), but I'm not sure they'll blow my skirt up. :party:

Thoughts?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

As I see it (user-featurewise) - no!
But it's possible that you will be urged by new libraries / libraries updates to buy Kontakt 6 to make them work.
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

KONTAKT 6 ships with three Play Series instruments: ANALOG DREAMS, ...
sound layers, many of which utilize KONTAKT's wavetable synthesis engine, ...
So it appears they're featuring it as a kind of synthesizer.

Ethereal Earth looks like a Geosonics or Haunted Spaces, SonicCouture-with-Chris Watson-based concept. Which makes me want to buy Haunted Spaces, and sorry one more again about not having the cash when it was half-price. I think I should pre-buy K6. I'm not a big power-user, mind. I don't script or develop at all and it's been a long time since I even built any instrument importing samples and mapping, cutting samples and all this.

But it's too likely SonicCouture for instance is going to come out with something soon using it. I'm using Geosonics like a synth basically as it is. For me the 'wavetable synthesis engine' is promising.

jancivil wrote:
KONTAKT 6 ships with three Play Series instruments: ANALOG DREAMS, ...
sound layers, many of which utilize KONTAKT's wavetable synthesis engine, ...
So it appears they're featuring it as a kind of synthesizer.

Ethereal Earth looks like a Geosonics or Haunted Spaces, SonicCouture-with-Chris Watson-based concept. Which makes me want to buy Haunted Spaces, and sorry one more again about not having the cash when it was half-price. I think I should pre-buy K6. I'm not a big power-user, mind. I don't script or develop at all and it's been a long time since I even built any instrument importing samples and mapping, cutting samples and all this.

But it's too likely SonicCouture for instance is going to come out with something soon using it. I'm using Geosonics like a synth basically as it is. For me the 'wavetable synthesis engine' is promising.
I know that feeling. I had to really scrape the bottom of the barrel to find cash to get Elecotro-Acoustic from SonicCoutures sale, but I am glad I did. It is great. As for features I was hope that NI would bring a "marketplace" kind of solution so that buyers could get refunds or sell trade their libraries within their download service.

pljones wrote:Maybe this will convince me finally to learn lua scripting properly. (Or not, bash and sfz have got me a long way so far... Mapping samples for Kontakt has, though, been a huge barrier to my doing it, as it's such a ****ing nightmarre.)
Haha ... for me it is quite the opposite: I step from Halion and Kontakt to sfz! :D
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

New GUI, no?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:New GUI, no?
no
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
no
Huh. Thought I'd read someone say the new version was going to come with support for high-PPI displays and be resizable. Thanks for correcting me.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
no
Huh. Thought I'd read someone say the new version was going to come with support for high-PPI displays and be resizable. Thanks for correcting me.
It was kind of beat to death in another thread, but as a user there isn't much here. 3 synths, a couple of reverbs and effects. But no real change. Evidently there is some stuff for library devs. But, I don't see anything that suggests this is K6. More like a 5.9. I don't really have a huge issue. But it was a bit disappointing to wait 8 or whatever years for a couple of synths and reverbs. I don't see myself updating any time soon.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”