Ultimate Guitar Kit -- now available for free download

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think I can emulate the slides in sfz format with a keyswitched/CC-switched layer with a wide pitch bend range and the pitch bend step set to a semitone... Not that I've tried it yet (and I don't play guitar at all so I've no idea how good it's likely to sound, either)... And I'm using the SF2 file...

Oh, go on then...

Just a quick reminder (as the link is not in the first post last I looked)

you can obtian this kit from here, no need to register, no ADS (just dont post a direct link to the file anywhere please - I have allready had to change the location of the file) link to the post only, thank you, for example like this,

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=154

Best regards,

Spe3d

:O)

Whooha! This really sounds great! Thanks for sharing this lovely soundfont 8)

Really I'm :love: this!

Thanks a lot GeoffKhan... I really like the guitars you made. First, the trashbluesguitar and now, this one... Wow!
Also, there's one articulation that I left out in the current release -- which are whole-step slides. Would this be useful? Should I upload a new version? It'll add a few megs to the filesize.
Yes, I would like to have it...

Thanks again!
Patrice Brousseau

geoffkhan wrote:Anyways, some of you might remember I posted a few mp3 demos of my guitar soundfont. And now I have finished it!
In the mid range, starting at note A3 and sharply changing to more muted at note F3, and from there down to the bottom, any velocity below 72 gives me a muted sound instead of a decent guitar sound.

I have to play my keyboard fairly hard to keep velocities above that threshold.

futz wrote:
geoffkhan wrote:Anyways, some of you might remember I posted a few mp3 demos of my guitar soundfont. And now I have finished it!
In the mid range, starting at note A3 and sharply changing to more muted at note F3, and from there down to the bottom, any velocity below 72 gives me a muted sound instead of a decent guitar sound.

I have to play my keyboard fairly hard to keep velocities above that threshold.
In most keyboards (actually all the keyboards I've played on) you can adjust the weighting. I designed the soundfont with my fully-weighted Roland FP3 keyboard, and some keyboards may have different weighting, so that's why.

geoffkhan wrote:In most keyboards (actually all the keyboards I've played on) you can adjust the weighting. I designed the soundfont with my fully-weighted Roland FP3 keyboard, and some keyboards may have different weighting, so that's why.
Any idea how to adjust that on a D-50? I've had it forever and it was a demo unit, so there's no manual. I use it only as a controller now.

The font does exactly the same thing when played by my M-Audio Ozone controller. Again, though I have a manual for this one, I have no idea how to adjust weighting.

I'm assuming weighting means the amount of velocity change relative to how hard you're playing?

>> I'm assuming weighting means the amount of velocity change relative to how hard you're playing?

Yes. No idea how to change that on an D-50, though. Sorry!

Since I am a guitar player I don't really need this but I downloaded it anyway.

What can I say ... WOW!

No let me try again: .... WOW!

Great job!
Sounds fantastic.
The layering is brilliant.
It allows keyboard player a wide range of expression just by switching velocities.
There is even slides in there and fret noises.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

A brilliant soundfont. Thank you so much; This ones a keeper :)

Here is small example of how it sounds with Amplitube.

http://www.hififorless.com/personal/andrew/G_sf2.mp3

This is at a fixed velocity of 110 (took the easy way out)
But if you master the velocities you can get so much more out of it.

Please ignor my poor playing, I do not play keyboards.

:wink:

Yeah, right now it sounds like you're just using the vibrato layer. With all the layers you can get much more dynamic sounds out of it. Sounds good, though! I can't wait to try the soundfon--wait, hold on a sec...

News update:

Working on the next version of the Ultimate Guitar Kit.

So far I've added:

- Slides up for the lead guitar patch

- Chord guitar patch

(here's a demo of the slides and the chord guitar: http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelop ... ardemo.mp3)

Currently working on:

- Ballad guitar patch (neck pickup). I've already done all the sampling for it. The articulations include normal tone, slide up, and harmonics.

This coming weekend, I might mixdown the riff I knocked up to practice drumming to... It's rough... but I like it. JCM900, Muzys Stereo Chorus and Blockfish (for some reason Blockfish sounded better than Kjaerhus Mastering Limiter). Might even include the drums (LiveKit7).

Here's a demo (so far) of the ballad/jazz guitar in the Ultimate Guitar Kit:

http://herculeaneffort.adventuredevelop ... ardemo.mp3

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”