Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
Fleer
KVRAF

3249 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:57 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Already got (and love) NSK and Bassalicious. Not really into FM Tines but they sound like the real deal. And that MKSensation has some special keys thrown in with the Roland set. All-in-all quite a bargain indeed.
thejonsolo
KVRAF

1853 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:42 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:$199 for a regular upgrade price is high but debatable. But what annoys me is that they seem to consider this a "sales price" for the upgrade. If you want to upgrade after January 10 you have to pay the full $499 according to their marketing material (or wait for the next sale, apparently).

Note the wording in the email:

"Your previous version entitle you to the best offer you will ever receive. Get V Collection 6 for 199 US$ instead of 499 US$." (that is a copy and paste, so misspells/grammer are theirs too.)

Unless bought second hand...this, to me, is a contract. If they ever offer for less, you are due a refund.

But it also makes you consider if the upgrade is something you want/need.
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Come to think of it, their in-house counsel may interpret this as: your previous version will (always) entitle you to the best offer (you will ever receive). Meaning: we can go as low as we want, you'll always get the best offer at that time, which will then be the best offer you will ever receive. Pretty, pretty, pretty funny.
Tappistry
KVRist

381 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:55 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

shonky wrote:
Fleer wrote:
vstbuzz wrote:VSTBuzz: 80% off “Vintage Keys Bundle” by Gospel Musicians (VST/AU/AAX) - Normally €500 now €99!

More information at: http://vstbuzz.com/deals/80-off-vintage ... musicians/

Now we're talking. Phantastic bundle :tu:

Must admit, I'm tempted but feel that this is probably aimed at keyboardists that can play rather better than myself. Have Lounge Lizard session, Addictive Keys Rhodes, Komplete and AIR's Velvet which will probably do me at present. Can't say I've ever been a fan of the 80s digital piano sound though, would prefer it if I could just buy NSK and Bassalicious and skip the rest (although they're still a pretty good deal for just those two). The sampled grand piano (PM-Grand) sounds really nice and it's only $15 if you pick it up individually, for instance.

Still, nice deal and look like really well put together instruments.

That can be said for just about any sampled piano/keyboard/etc. :wink:

Though I'm with you regarding too much overlap to what I already have. Between Addictive Keys, Komplete 11, and the Puremagnetik Collection I picked up recently, I think I have all the sampled keys I need.

Also, the Puremagnetik collection is a killer deal right now. Been digging into this bundle over the holiday and I'm perplexed as to why I don't seem to see more chatter about their products. (Though I'm sort of new here and I don't hang out much in the Sample Libraries subforum much.)

Pretty underrated company and products imho.
hueynym
KVRist

286 posts since 29 May, 2012

Postby hueynym; Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:12 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

A quick clarification on the semantics of the use of words. The "offer" may be the "best" you will ever receive. That is NOT saying that they are going to give you a better price on a product whose licence you already own. In order for the "offer" to be valid, there must be CURRENT purchase of a new licence. THEN it will be the "best" offer you will ever receive.

One of the issues one runs into when translating documents into English from non-primary English speakers is that they will often apply their logical grammar to English's non-sensical grammar. Even the translation of the price can be different due to arbitrage.

For the few Romance languages of which I have some grasp, I tend to try to read it in its native language first - so, in Arturia's case, I'll read the offer in French then let google.translate have a go and then compare it to what they've written in English - just to see how far off the differences are.

Ultimately, if you already own a copy of a licence for one of their products, you already have the best offer you will ever receive, otherwise you would have waited to purchase it until you got a better price because you knew that at some point in the future you would get an email giving you the best offer you will ever get - and purchase it then.
zadillo
KVRist

68 posts since 24 Jan, 2017

Postby zadillo; Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I don't know why but I still feel confused about what to do with the Arturia upgrade. They do seem to be making it very clear that there won't be a better upgrade price from V Collection 5 to 6 than $199 (at least that's how I interpret the "best offer you'll ever receive" thing). But it still feels odd they'd be that explicit and not leave the door open to offer the upgrade at a lower price in the future, as they have in the past. I feel somehow like I'm being forced to make a decision quickly, but it seems odd that $199 is being treated as a special limited time price and not a normal upgrade price.
murnau
KVRAF

5455 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from right behind you

Postby murnau; Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:40 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

thejonsolo wrote:Note the wording in the email:

"Your previous version entitle you to the best offer you will ever receive. Get V Collection 6 for 199 US$ instead of 499 US$." (that is a copy and paste, so misspells/grammer are theirs too.)

I dunno what the majority of people think but i don't like this kind of "It's now or never" sales. I'll pass.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
Fleer
KVRAF

Postby Fleer; Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:54 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

One of these days they'll make you an offer you can't refuse.
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2122 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:55 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

8)
mutantdog
KVRian

1396 posts since 21 Sep, 2007, from The Infinite Void

Postby mutantdog; Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:13 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I don't know how many emails i've received telling me "hurry now, sale ends at midnight" or something to that effect, followed by another email the next day saying the sale has been extended an extra week. I think there's a parallel there to this whole Arturia thing, it may be the best price they will offer ever but i doubt it's the last time they will offer it.
Subversia - Wrench EP out now.
Soundcloud - Twitter - Facebook
Kurdish Mayfield
KVRist

44 posts since 9 Mar, 2011

Postby Kurdish Mayfield; Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:58 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mutantdog wrote:I wasn't gonna buy any new synths, even skipped Thorn (for now). But Fathom for a fiver seems like a no-brainer.

I got this and tried for the 1st time last night. Some good sounds and interesting layout but its a massive CPU hog. More than Serum or even a fully loaded Omnisphere on my pc. Cant use for now
ghettosynth
KVRAF

10592 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:45 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

zadillo wrote:I don't know why but I still feel confused about what to do with the Arturia upgrade. They do seem to be making it very clear that there won't be a better upgrade price from V Collection 5 to 6 than $199 (at least that's how I interpret the "best offer you'll ever receive" thing). But it still feels odd they'd be that explicit and not leave the door open to offer the upgrade at a lower price in the future, as they have in the past. I feel somehow like I'm being forced to make a decision quickly, but it seems odd that $199 is being treated as a special limited time price and not a normal upgrade price.

It is almost certainly not the "best offer that you will ever receive." Even if they have changed their plans to do deeper sales, which I doubt, there's only so much space between their retail price and their upgrade price. V7 will almost certainly be a "better offer" even if the upgrade price is slightly higher.

Further, that statement does not preclude that you will receive the same offer again, which is so likely that I would bet actual cash that it will happen.

They are hoping that your FOMO will get you to pull the trigger. Unless you need it now, you are almost certainly better off to wait because there is a nonzero chance that the price will be lower and an almost certainty that the same sale will be offered again.
soundbylaura
KVRian

557 posts since 13 Nov, 2014, from Atlanta, GA

Postby soundbylaura; Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:04 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

ghettosynth wrote:
zadillo wrote:I don't know why but I still feel confused about what to do with the Arturia upgrade. They do seem to be making it very clear that there won't be a better upgrade price from V Collection 5 to 6 than $199 (at least that's how I interpret the "best offer you'll ever receive" thing). But it still feels odd they'd be that explicit and not leave the door open to offer the upgrade at a lower price in the future, as they have in the past. I feel somehow like I'm being forced to make a decision quickly, but it seems odd that $199 is being treated as a special limited time price and not a normal upgrade price.

It is almost certainly not the "best offer that you will ever receive." Even if they have changed their plans to do deeper sales, which I doubt, there's only so much space between their retail price and their upgrade price. V7 will almost certainly be a "better offer" even if the upgrade price is slightly higher.

Further, that statement does not preclude that you will receive the same offer again, which is so likely that I would bet actual cash that it will happen.

They are hoping that your FOMO will get you to pull the trigger. Unless you need it now, you are almost certainly better off to wait because there is a nonzero chance that the price will be lower and an almost certainty that the same sale will be offered again.

There Is Always Another Sale(tm)
Don't let me buy any more ethnic winds.
telecharge
KVRist

354 posts since 22 Feb, 2014

Postby telecharge; Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:52 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

soundbylaura wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Unless you need it now, you are almost certainly better off to wait because there is a nonzero chance that the price will be lower and an almost certainty that the same sale will be offered again.

There Is Always Another Sale(tm)

+1, but something to consider is the size of developer, and how often they discount. It's easier to pass on the big guys who discount frequently than the smaller indie devs who might only have a sale once a year.
Ryan99
KVRian

518 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:55 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

ghettosynth wrote:

Honestly, I don't understand what is different this time than the previous versions. I bought V3 on the KVR Marketplace. Then Version 4 was on initial upgrade offer at 199$, same thing for Version 5.

Later, I received lower upgrade offers every time, so I would not worry about that. It will come if you can wait.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)