Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Meffy wrote:The original Bargain Center thread has got so long that it nearly locked up my browser when I went to split off a small digression into its own thread. Therefore I'm starting this New Bargain Center. Feel free to repeat recent, still-valid bargains from that thread if you like.

The original thread is here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139692
Would be nice to have a separate thread for discussions and one for just posting bargains, nothing else. Perhaps not possible but would be nice...........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sure, start one. Call it "Bargain Center: Discussion" or something similar. Link to it here. [edit] Never mind, I just did it.
Last edited by Meffy on Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Why not make an own bargain "center" as subsection of the page? This way people can comment on each bargain seperately. Negative downside though: multiple post about the same bargin. So there need to be proper rules, like:

- Only post once
- As much detail as possible (in the topic and the first post
- state when you found this, how you found this and how long it is running.

Much like this:

TOPIC: Immaginary Summer Deal 2009 (until end of september)

Found: via email promotion
Date: 01. September 2009
Running until: 31. September 2009

Info:
Plugin pack this and that for that and that money. If there are enough people who sign up, chances are you get a bonus.

The Market Place would be less clutered, too.
Just my 2c
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Creating forums and sub-forums I can't do.

[edit] BTW, if nobody objects, once the thread proper gets going I'll delete these first meta-topic posts or split them off. If someone has a good reason they should stay in this thread, I'll leave them.

Teksonik wrote:
Meffy wrote:The original Bargain Center thread has got so long that it nearly locked up my browser when I went to split off a small digression into its own thread. Therefore I'm starting this New Bargain Center. Feel free to repeat recent, still-valid bargains from that thread if you like.

The original thread is here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139692
Would be nice to have a separate thread for discussions and one for just posting bargains, nothing else. Perhaps not possible but would be nice...........
I totally agree. It would be nice to keep the new one less cluttered. It's good to know when you see the Bargain Center is updated, it's not just someone saying, "What does this do?" (I might have done that once or twice in the past myself)

Also, I think "We can haz a bargain" would be a better subject name.

:-} Mention that to mods next time a split is needed.

Ceej wrote:
elxicano wrote:Buy 1 Get 1 free at www.soniccouture.com until Sept. 9th :)
Where? How? I can't find any information about this on their website nor on their forum here at KVR.

(I know we're no longer supposed to "discuss" bargains in this thread, but... if a post on this thread has insufficient information, it seems convoluted to ask about it in the OTHER thread and then maybe have to have a duplicate any responses back here. Plus, what happens if the OP isn't watching the Discussion thread?)
Just cut and paste to this thread like this. The idea is to keep the other thread clean, just for announcing bargains. Hopefully Meffy will delete any posts in the other thread that do not directly report a bargain..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I hardly ever comment here, but here's my 2 cents... If there's a bargain, please post it and others can follow up and maybe get it... I've definitely benefited from that in the past... but this thing of 50 posts over gossip and things that have nothing to do with the product, just detract from the original heads up, which is what's important...

Teksonik wrote:Just cut and paste to this thread like this. The idea is to keep the other thread clean, just for announcing bargains.
Yup.
Hopefully Meffy will delete any posts in the other thread that do not directly report a bargain..........
Heavens, no. Keeping up would be a big task. Like most threads, it's up to participants in the thread to do their best to keep things straightened out, and there's nothing in this division that approaches the force of "rules" -- just a suggestion for making the main Bargain Center thread even more chocked with the wholesome, nutritious goodness your pocketbook craves.

If things get really out of hand, by all means notify a mod. Otherwise the two threads are a facility I think will be useful but I can't see being terribly hard-nosed about it.

yarrr...i personally don't like two threads...one to post the bargins...then another one where i have to hunt down discussions on the bargin? By discussions i mean talk of people's experience getting the bargin, any fine print, prices changes, etc. - NOT the bullshit.

but i see the point of having a nice clean thread for bargins only.

again...yarrrr, for the hell of it.

lates

t-willy

I think ideally, people would only put deals up in the bargain center. If you want to talk more about the deal, then someone should create a thread for that deal.

Use the threads however you see fit. They're there only for the people who post in them. I'd think mods will be unlikely to go around enforcing separation of content unless there's a major derailment and we notice or someone complains.

Meffy wrote:Use the threads however you see fit. They're there only for the people who post in them. I'd think mods will be unlikely to go around enforcing separation of content unless there's a major derailment and we notice or someone complains.
Yeah, I definitley wouldn't expect the mods to create those threads or separate the deals.

is the bigfishaudio 40% off deal not working for anyone else, I looked a couple of days ago at some tonehammer stuff that was listed with the discount, but looked again last night and there was no discount listed on it.
Their website now says that it should continue until the morning of the 8th so i dont see why its not showing, im really interested in the Frendo.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”