Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

donato wrote:
antithesist wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:<snip>
Aren't posts in the main bargain thread supposed to be, uh... "less* than this?"

*pictures, sounds, etc.
You'd think there would also be rules about constantly spamming in several threads and bumping them to the top several times a day, but I guess not?
There used to be a "Mute" button - can't find it now. Has it been gone?

Actually I might want a Mute button even for a thread, sometimes, as my short memory does not always serve well and end up with looking at the same sale again and again. :ud:

Wow, UVI complete toy museum on sale again, who would have thought that? :o :P :lol:

SirKen wrote:
_emanon_ wrote:MAGIX Samplitude Music Studio 2013 on sale for $19.99.

Comes with Free 12GB Independence Basic Sound Library (MSRP $125)

Available until Mar 6.

[Edit] fixed product spelling
Don't bite on this as the included Independence is not an independent add-on (ironically). They don't give you a serial either, so you cannot register and download the updated version instead of using the 3.0.1 one from 2011.
Well, nevertheless I gladly have bit the bullet on this one :D

20 bucks for a complete DAW with plugs/FX, that also supports VSTs, plus 12GB Indy Basic, that is a bargain anyway one looks at it IMO.

To compare: The basic version of Studio One costs lots more than that, and doesn't support VSTs

Gonna set this up on a separate laptop I'm using, play around with it

I already bit last night -- Did not get a separate download or serial -- But the included Independence package, which is apparently integrated into MS2013, is only a 350 MB download. I haven't finished installing all the Sound Packs for the various instruments, but it's possible that running Independence inside MS2013 could trigger further downloads, I guess. Though that would be pretty idiotic.

I have a support request in to Magix now. Will report back on the outcome.

GreyLion wrote:I already bit last night -- Did not get a separate download or serial -- But the included Independence package, which is apparently integrated into MS2013, is only a 350 MB download. I haven't finished installing all the Sound Packs for the various instruments, but it's possible that running Independence inside MS2013 could trigger further downloads, I guess. Though that would be pretty idiotic.

I have a support request in to Magix now. Will report back on the outcome.
Load Independence and it will ask if you wish to download the extra 12GB Library using the supplied application (which is similar to Connect).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Thanks for the info, Aloysius! -- If this is so, I plan to harass Magix a bit about deceptive advertising, since they sell IndeBasic as a totally separate product and the only possibly relevant statement I can find in the small print on the promo page is this one: 'Note: This product is a free extra. In the physical version it is a part of the main product, albeit without its own packaging.' Which is far from being as clear as it it could if they mean that it's forcibly integrated into MS2013 and it therefore totally different from the product that they're using as their cost comparison.

The graphics clearly show two different boxes at the top, and Independence as a separate box in its promo header.

I have a feeling that they're carefully playing with words here. If bitching about it doesn't work, I'll likely see if I can figure out a way to subvert the process.

Normally, I'm not a whiner on this stuff, and hey, it's only $20 -- but this one has me interested in seeing if I can be at least one voice in trying to break some bad behavior on their part. Or at least annoying the crap out of them so they think twice about the cost. :D

Don't forget that Revolta 2 is included in Samplitude. To get that synth for just $20, that is a great bargain just that!

And Vandal SE. Even that for $20 is worth it imho. There are so many extras.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yeah, not saying I feel like I got totally ripped off -- I've read good things about both, and I'm not planning to ask for my money back. I'd just like to get what they were advertising that they were selling...

I'm especially interested in getting a taste of Vandal, even though Sascha moved on to u-he solely, right?

Heck this'll be about the third version of MS I've bought, starting back in the day when it was actually two separate programs, one of them a cut-down version of Logic 5.X, which is the DAW I cut my teeth on. :)
Last edited by GreyLion on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Numanoid wrote:Don't forget that Revolta 2 is included in Samplitude. To get that synth for just $20, that is a great bargain just that!
Can it be used in other hosts?

GreyLion wrote:Thanks for the info, Aloysius! -- If this is so, I plan to harass Magix a bit about deceptive advertising, since they sell IndeBasic as a totally separate product and the only possibly relevant statement I can find in the small print on the promo page is this one: 'Note: This product is a free extra. In the physical version it is a part of the main product, albeit without its own packaging.' Which is far from being as clear as it it could if they mean that it's forcibly integrated into MS2013 and it therefore totally different from the product that they're using as their cost comparison.

The graphics clearly show two different boxes at the top, and Independence as a separate box in its promo header.

I have a feeling that they're carefully playing with words here. If bitching about it doesn't work, I'll likely see if I can figure out a way to subvert the process.

Normally, I'm not a whiner on this stuff, and hey, it's only $20 -- but this one has me interested in seeing if I can be at least one voice in trying to break some bad behavior on their part. Or at least annoying the crap out of them so they think twice about the cost. :D
I complained about it in an e-mail already.

It is not whining when a company is using deceptive practices.

SirKen wrote:

Available until Mar 6.
Don't bite on this as the included Independence is not an independent add-on (ironically). They don't give you a serial either, so you cannot register and download the updated version instead of using the 3.0.1 one from 2011.
Feeling sorry about the original post... I thought the free Independent Basic was an individual plugin, as they quoted the regular price $125, and it sounded worth posting here.
Too bad this has turned to be this way... :hail:

_emanon_ wrote:
SirKen wrote:

Available until Mar 6.
Feeling sorry about the original post... I thought the free Independent Basic was an individual plugin, as they quoted the regular price $125, and it sounded worth posting here.
Is the 12GB library included or not?
It is listed in the basket as part of the product sale so I'm wondering what the confusion is. Is it about whether it downloads separately? Is it part of the Physical Product or does that just a supplied link as some companies do like XLN did with their StudioKeys deal?
Anyway, at 25 USD it does seem worth it, just for other things that were mentioned.

I think the issue is that the Independence is locked to Samplitude (and can't be used in other hosts).

Correct?

BBFG# wrote:
_emanon_ wrote:
SirKen wrote:

Available until Mar 6.
Is the 12GB library included or not?
It is listed in the basket as part of the product sale so I'm wondering what the confusion is. Is it about whether it downloads separately? Is it part of the Physical Product or does that just a supplied link as some companies do like XLN did with their StudioKeys deal?
Anyway, at 25 USD it does seem worth it, just for other things that were mentioned.
The library is included but Independence is tied to the Samplitude itself. To be honest, I haven't tried opening the dll files in another DAW, so perhaps it is just a matter of copying the dll files or adding the path to the DAW.

The bigger issue is, even though they force you to download Independence Pro from within Samplitude, the build you are getting is from November 2011 with no means to update to the latest version.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”