Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

standalone wrote:
chrisby wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:Super good deal though for those that eventually want the full product. Since they have 1/2 off upgrade sales you could basically get s1v2 pro for 155$
:o

Seeing how they devalute their own products, I would hardly pay more than 30 bucks for an upgrade.
Well, I'm not sure they are actually devaluing their products. These kind of deals appeal to people like me who have absolutely need for more stuff. Especially when they are already well covered in a particular area.

I certainly was tempted to grab it for 5$ even knowing that I have no need for it and might not use it very much. But in the check-out saw that they have no Paypal or Google wallet option and skipped it as I rarely tend to give out my credit card number during those impulse buys.

But then again, if I had bought and maybe liked it I could even have upgraded later and so on... So not at all necessarily devaluing a product.
Kinda weird as pretty much my thoughts as well though when I got to the payment page they did have paypal so I went ahead and bought. Not at all sure I'll ever use it though but it does seem to have good reviews so who knows....
That's funny, there was no Paypal option for me either. I purchased the Goldbaby soundset using my pre-paid card, very handy for internet.

I wonder why they offer Paypal payment only for some people, maybe it depends on your location. I'm in Europe.

The orders are dealt by Plimus, a company specialized in on-line payments. So using your credit card wouldn't be as dangerous as if it were Presonus who did it, but using a pre-paid card is a lot safer in any case.
I had the same problem yesterday morning. No PayPal option. "Luckily" i had some problems with my credit card and couldn't purchase for hours. I had some problems with the "Remove Products" from the Cart as well and I cleared my browser's cookies in order to refresh it. Upon visiting the website again several
hours later the PayPal option was there (and I live in Europe also)!

I suggest you try the same. Clear your browser's cache&cookies, restart it, and see what happens. I've checked out the website and I see the sale is still ON.

So it could be just a glitch after all. I already purchased but it's good to know for people that were put back by the lack of Paypal option.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

robotmonkey wrote:Well, I'm not sure they are actually devaluing their products.
Well what do you call it when selling it at 95% off ? Obviously it looks like the regular value at 100 bucks is vastly overpriced?

Lets say I was a user that had bought it at full price.

And then x numbers of people get into the deal at 5 bucks.

And then for some reason or other I need to get some help from Presonus support.

Would it take longer or shorter time to get that support request handled, seeing that suddenly x numbers of other users suddenly have got the same software, and may need support as well?

I doubt selling software at 5 bucks a pop will give them a lot of funds to add staff to their support dept.

Numanoid wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:Well, I'm not sure they are actually devaluing their products.
Well what do you call it when selling it at 95% off ? Obviously it looks like the regular value at 100 bucks is vastly overpriced?
luckily it was a one day only affair and i think they are putting their money on potential upgrade customers.
nevertheless 5$ is a strange decision. i wonder if it's legal because it could be considered a dumping price and
unruly competitivity.

the 100$ price tag is normal for this kind of package, considering the market for intro daws. i played with S1 these
past few hours and all I can say is that I'm really impressed and left craving for using it with my plug-ins :hyper:

cocoazenith wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
luckily it was a one day only affair
It still costs $5 on the website ;)

Numanoid wrote:Well what do you call it when selling it at 95% off ? Obviously it looks like the regular value at 100 bucks is vastly overpriced?
It's also free with any Presonus interface.
Would it take longer or shorter time to get that support request handled, seeing that suddenly x numbers of other users suddenly have got the same software, and may need support as well?
FWIW, I'm a Studio One Professional user and I've never contacted their support team. It's a straightforward DAW.
I doubt selling software at 5 bucks a pop will give them a lot of funds to add staff to their support dept.
If they do another upgrade sale soon, they'll now have a lot more customers to buy those upgrades.

On impulse, I am (was) half interested in:

Ampire XT Metal Pack
Goldbaby Essentials

Including Taxes, that comes to Total €9.38

but ...

No PayPal Option for my Country

So ...

No Purchase.

I have a copy of StudioOne (via their previous sales) but I stick with Ableton because (despite it's faults) I am used to it. If Presonus had a PayPal Option for me today, I would have handed over the tenner. If they read this, I'm sure they'll be devastated by their loss. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Uncle E wrote:It's also free with any Presonus interface.
Unfortunately the interface is not free :D If only they would sell that for $5
If they do another upgrade sale soon, they'll now have a lot more customers to buy those upgrades.
Yeah, I think that we will soon see Studio One 3

There seem to be only two type of developers:

1- Greedy bastards.

2- Those that devalue their products.

Studio One 3 > Late this summer.

standalone wrote:Studio One 3 > Late this summer.
You know that, or predict it's coming?

I know it. A Presonus representative said so during an interview. Delays may happen of course.

standalone wrote:I know it. A Presonus representative said so during an interview. Delays may happen of course.
Time to update this thread then:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=359432

Or to let it as is: Last post, one year ago, next Friday.

I don't think anyone is holding his breath waiting for it to be bumped.

standalone wrote:Or to let it as is: Last post, one year ago, next Friday.

I don't think anyone is holding his breath waiting for it to be bumped.
You never know, somebody maybe need to let out air, I'm gonna have to quote you ;)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”