Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

BBFG# wrote:Not sure if it's just their regular AP or if it's part of their current sale (which is a voucher for the NEXT buy). Never really checked it before this last debacle.
Best Service; Fanfare $173.29 Download.
Shipped shows at full price, $399.00

Not as cheap, but it begs the question, "how low is too low for SLogic to pull the license out from under it?"
Just checked it out. Looks like the boxed version is going for €149 yet the download version is going for a whopping €339! :o

BBFG# wrote:Not sure if it's just their regular AP or if it's part of their current sale (which is a voucher for the NEXT buy). Never really checked it before this last debacle.
Best Service; Fanfare $173.29 Download.
Shipped shows at full price, $399.00

Not as cheap, but it begs the question, "how low is too low for SLogic to pull the license out from under it?"
398.99 and 9/10ths :P
Last edited by thenumber23 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

I had bought an Amazon/Music123 Fanfare a couple of weeks ago. I received it last week and the serial didn't work. I contacted Music123 for a replacement, and received that replacement today. Unfortunately, the replacement serial number didn't work either. As a side note, I noticed the first 5 digits from the serial numbers between the two copies had a difference of 1.

So the replacements aren't working either then. In that case, I may be in the same boat.

I'll be getting my replacement from MF Saturday according to UPS/USPS tracking. Guess I'll post an update then...

astonisher wrote:So the replacements aren't working either then. In that case, I may be in the same boat.

I'll be getting my replacement from MF Saturday according to UPS/USPS tracking. Guess I'll post an update then...
So it does look like Sample Logic are stopping all future activations, and the serials have not been stolen.

I hope they prove me wrong and you get a working Fanfare this time, I am still waiting for my software, and will also post the result.

It seems info is scarce about this situation and from what I have found so far this is the only site letting folk know there are problems with Sample Logic Fanfare activations.

Good luck.

The only other possibility I can see, and I believe someone eluded to this earlier, is that there was a printing/packaging error, with many duplicate serials, and it is SL that is jumping to conclusions.

SL products finally pulled from MF website.

Unavailable on Amazon as well, so I guess all the affiliates have pulled it now.

Numanoid wrote:25% off at Falkemedia 17-21 april, so Beat magazines cost €4,43:
http://www.falkemedia-shop.de/catalogse ... lt/?q=beat

Not a bad deal when the latest issue (100, 4/2014) includes the full version of Tone2 Filterbank 3
Keep in mind that Falkemedia seems to use The Molasses Express for their deliveries. I'm used to getting things from Germany in 2-3 business days, but I ordered that issue of Beat back on the 4th of April, and it still hasn't arrived.

I e-mailed them about it on Monday and asked for a tracking number (the invoice said it would ship via DHL). They e-mailed me back the next day and said that while the order was placed on the 4th, they didn't receive it until the 7th (?!?), and that it takes 2-3 weeks for a magazine to arrive.

And they didn't provide a tracking number.

Ok.

Normally, I wouldn't mind, but they charged €3.90 for shipping (to Denmark).

So, just a heads up.

I'll post an update when I have one.
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

stroker_ace wrote: Keep in mind that Falkemedia seems to use The Molasses Express for their deliveries. I'm used to getting things from Germany in 2-3 business days, but I ordered that issue of Beat back on the 4th of April, and it still hasn't arrived.
On the other hand, I ordered the January Workzone on 22 February, and it only made it to me in the US 3 days ago.

Regarding BEAT Magazine, simply buy an electronic version (ie. via itunes or their shop) and request the DVD iso from their support.

thenumber23 wrote:I had bought an Amazon/Music123 Fanfare a couple of weeks ago. I received it last week and the serial didn't work. I contacted Music123 for a replacement, and received that replacement today. Unfortunately, the replacement serial number didn't work either. As a side note, I noticed the first 5 digits from the serial numbers between the two copies had a difference of 1.
If a Music123 Fanfare had the issue, AND a Musicians Friend Fanfare had the issue, wouldn't this point to a problem within Sample Logic, and not the retailers? SL's story gets more fishy the more facts come out. I think they were just pissed that MF chose to sell the product at such a low price.

bharris22 wrote:
thenumber23 wrote:I had bought an Amazon/Music123 Fanfare a couple of weeks ago. I received it last week and the serial didn't work. I contacted Music123 for a replacement, and received that replacement today. Unfortunately, the replacement serial number didn't work either. As a side note, I noticed the first 5 digits from the serial numbers between the two copies had a difference of 1.
If a Music123 Fanfare had the issue, AND a Musicians Friend Fanfare had the issue, wouldn't this point to a problem within Sample Logic, and not the retailers? SL's story gets more fishy the more facts come out. I think they were just pissed that MF chose to sell the product at such a low price.
Except that it appears they are connected by their warehouse.
Case in point, I'm looking for a particular piece of hardware at the moment and both stores have the same three used ones listed in stock and for the same price on eBay as well as their individual sites. So as long as they're affiliates using the same warehouse hubs for shipping, there is only an appearance of separate store fronts. Perhaps because some of us have told ourselves we would never shop at 'that particular one' again? Only to find we're still buying from the same conglomerate?

Yes, they are all owned by the same company and use the same stocks, its part of the reason physical guitar center stores will price match musicians friend online prices with no questions asked:

Guitar Center's sister companies/subsidiaries incorporate Music & Arts, Musician's Friend, GuitarCenter.com, LMI, Giardinelli, Musician.com, Private Reserve Guitars, Woodwind and Brasswind, Music 123, and Harmony Central.

ezelkow1 wrote:Yes, they are all owned by the same company and use the same stocks, its part of the reason physical guitar center stores will price match musicians friend online prices with no questions asked:

Guitar Center's sister companies/subsidiaries incorporate Music & Arts, Musician's Friend, GuitarCenter.com, LMI, Giardinelli, Musician.com, Private Reserve Guitars, Woodwind and Brasswind, Music 123, and Harmony Central.
Creating the illusion of competition, when in fact there is none.
Perhaps that's why most of my purchases have been from AudioDeluxe lately?

It really' does take a 'Stupid Deal of the Day' for them to get my business now.
But now they have my 29+tax and are giving me a 25 credit boost to wonder if they''ll have another SDOTD on something interesting just to get the worth out of it.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”